Victoria
✟8,976.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Face your fears. Debate your doubts and dis your disbeliefs. Wise words.

I realize I need to get to church. I also need to practice self care. But as far as disbelief, I feel as if I need to do something about my life's work. I feel I can't let another year go by with little effort. At this point I write only a few lines a day, and have started another small practice. But what about trusting God? What does this mean? I've struggled for years to show up and serve fulltime and lately I've been thinking of letting God take care of it for me but I'm not sure what this entails?

Can anyone please explain to me and to whoever else is struggling with this what it means to trust God. Do we "put our foot down" and show up to do our work even though that never seems to get done? Or do we wait for the right circumstances to fall into place? How will we know when it's time?

Thank you very much!!!

Ravel

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Trusting in God, and waiting on God involve a lot of prayer, being in the Scriptures daily, and one must exercise faith. Stir up the gift that is in thee, Paul told Timothy.
Being out of church isn't very healthy, though I've been out for periods of time myself. It's important to get fed somehow, and if that be on the internet, watching podcasts of sermons and such, you can do that. But nothing over-rules regular fellowship in a body of believers.

As far as waiting, be sure it's God telling you to wait. Waiting for the right circumstances to fall into place - you never know, might be waiting a long time.
I do put things in Gods hand, and He has a way of either letting me know through a message, or confirmation, like I'll get the same message personally, then get it same day or next day from different sources, all unconnected. For example, I'm writing a message on the Spirit of Elijah, and 2 separate and random sources confirmed exactly what the message is about.

Any sin in your life must be confessed and repented of. Sin will hinder the Holy Spirit, quench the Spirit and grieve the Spirit, and in turn God will for our lives can get clouded - the devil is always there in such cases with misguided ideas too, to lead astray.

I pray you receive the direction you're seeking, and ultimately that the Fathers will be done: Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God, AND his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

Reactions: 65James
Upvote 0

65James

Feb 18, 2024
Minnesota
✟7,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Trusting in God, and waiting on God involve a lot of prayer, being in the Scriptures daily, and one must exercise faith. Stir up the gift that is in thee, Paul told Timothy.
Being out of church isn't very healthy, though I've been out for periods of time myself. It's important to get fed somehow, and if that be on the internet, watching podcasts of sermons and such, you can do that. But nothing over-rules regular fellowship in a body of believers.

As far as waiting, be sure it's God telling you to wait. Waiting for the right circumstances to fall into place - you never know, might be waiting a long time.
I do put things in Gods hand, and He has a way of either letting me know through a message, or confirmation, like I'll get the same message personally, then get it same day or next day from different sources, all unconnected. For example, I'm writing a message on the Spirit of Elijah, and 2 separate and random sources confirmed exactly what the message is about.

Any sin in your life must be confessed and repented of. Sin will hinder the Holy Spirit, quench the Spirit and grieve the Spirit, and in turn God will for our lives can get clouded - the devil is always there in such cases with misguided ideas too, to lead astray.

I pray you receive the direction you're seeking, and ultimately that the Fathers will be done: Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God, AND his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
Great advice, hopefully I can figure out how to follow this.

Upvote 0