• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Vow making

gtp40

May 14, 2006
✟15,248.00
Faith
Christian
Do you ever wish you could have the problems of a normal person? The mental torment of this is INCREDIBLE. I get jealous when I see someone all upset over a girlfriend/boyfriend leaving or some other issue that is definitely hard, but way better than this.... I just have to vent I guess.

I was so upset last night I started feeling like I have the flu. I was starting to shake when I went to bed and when I woke up I had a wave of horrendous fear hit me. I'm so tired of this, it's like a full time job.... on top of everything else I have to do in life.

Jesusisgood

Nov 9, 2010
✟15,992.00
Faith
Christian
Father please give this person peace and freedom in you from their OCD. In Jesus name amen. I know how you are feeling, but I want to give you hope. I used to have OCD so bad it took over my life too, but I trusted God that those things I worried about happening werent going to happen, unless He allows them to. If God allows something He will not blame you just because you had a thought about it happening. God loves you and weither ocd is our own selfmental disorders or the devil sending these lies to torment us. they wont and can not take hold of you if you dont let them. By not letting them i mean, simply to ignore them and lean completely on God. Keep praying everyday (not compulsively though God hears us the first time, in fact before he created anything in the universe He knew HAHA) :) and keep reading His word. Do you take any medication for your OCD? I did and it helped alot with my anxiety and depression. I highly recamend it if you are feeling this way still. :) Let me know if there is anything in need of clarrifying in this post or anything else. God loves you <3 Brother

Upvote 0

amaui

Forever a Child of God
Jun 25, 2012
Florida
✟15,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My prayers go out to you.

You know that fear doesnt come from God do he'll happily take it away. I urge you to trust him and ONLY him. Not yourself. Give it all to him. Because without faith it impossible to please God. Have faith for the end of your fear and torment and have faith that hes gracious and will deliver you. Trust the One who deeply and greatly cares for you. And created you for his pleaser. He doesnt get any pleasure from your torment so hold fast. And pray, always.

Before he answered me i was depressed , anxious , and depressed almost all day every day. Until one day he healed me and he will heal you. The bible says ask and it will be given unto you. Ask for your deliverance and he will give it to you. He is faithful and loving. Cast your anxiety on him.

God bless you brother. Pray because he rewards those who diligently seek him.

Upvote 0