St. Louis, MO.
✟374,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm voting for Obama. My wallet would do better with McCain, but health insurance reform is the single most important issue for me, and I think Obama is more on the right track. He proposes keeping coverage through private insurors, but regulating their underwriting practices much more tightly. Long-term, that's the way it has to go. Health insurance carriers needs to become like a utility companies--private enterprises who's rates and business practices are regulated for the public good.

I see Obama's charisma as positive. A key component of leadership is the ability to mobilize people and get them to follow your lead. That's what made FDR and Reagan effective Presidents. BO definitely has this gift, and I'm going to have to trust that he uses it wisely.

A spin-off of his popularity is the indisputable fact that BO is being far better received around the world than JM. This opens the door for an entirely new era in cooperative relations between the US other countries. I'll also trust that he hires experienced foreign policy advisors to protect our interests. But it would wonderful for the US to be seen as an example of a good global citizen, rather than as a selfish bully.

Finally, I'm terribly disappointed in JM's campaign, which has been about the worst I've ever seen. He seriously hurt himself with his misguided decision to forgo the first debate. He accomplished nothing except making himself look foolish and impulsive. The incessant ad hominem attacks on BO have totally turned most voters off--especially the moderate voters who he desperately needs. And the absurd, non-credible rumor-mongering--almost exclusively a product of right-wing interests--hasn't helped him one iota. It's sad. I honestly think JM is a good man. A true hero. And his voting record shows he really has put his country above partisan concerns. (I'm refraining from using the word "maverick.") Like his Senate buddy Joe Lieberman, he's an important gadfly to keep his party in line. And that's where he belongs. In the Senate. Not the White House.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Obama all the way. :)

Though I've just remembered I haven't got round to posting my absentee ballot...how long does international mail take? :o

Are you actually a US citizen?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0