Visitors center welcoming thread (TCL members please check in here)

JesusFreak2008

Living Life To Its Fullest Each Day, Praising God
May 1, 2008
Mentor on the Lake, Ohio
Visit site
✟9,377.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

JesusFreak2008

Living Life To Its Fullest Each Day, Praising God
May 1, 2008
Mentor on the Lake, Ohio
Visit site
✟9,377.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Searching_for_Christ

simul justus et peccator
Nov 14, 2009
In my mind.
✟18,609.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All these abbreviations lol. What is LCC and LCA?
If I may.

I believe they stand for "Lutheran Church in Canada" and Lutheran Church in America"

If I am wrong, someone will correct me ;)

Upvote 0

AMM87

Nov 16, 2011
Australia
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone!

I'm very new to this, infact I've only recently (2 days ago) accepted Jesus into my heart and made the commitment to God and Christ.

My family will be attending the local Lutheran church from this weekend, and our children will attend a Lutheran school, so I guess I'll be around here a bit!

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,425.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
All these abbreviations lol. What is LCC and LCA?

If I may.

I believe they stand for "Lutheran Church in Canada" and Lutheran Church in America"

If I am wrong, someone will correct me ;)

LCC = Lutheran Church Canada; LCA = Lutheran Church of Australia. Both of these Synods are Confessional, and in full fellowship; we share Seminary resources, use the same Lutheran Service Book or TLH (The Lutheran Hymnal)... for the most part;).

The former Lutheran Church in America is now the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, ELCA, their counterpart in Canada is the ELCIC; these Synods are more "liberal", and LCC and LCA are not in fellowship with them.

Hi everyone!

I'm very new to this, infact I've only recently (2 days ago) accepted Jesus into my heart and made the commitment to God and Christ.

My family will be attending the local Lutheran church from this weekend, and our children will attend a Lutheran school, so I guess I'll be around here a bit!

Welcome to the "fold":wave::clap::hug:, and in the finest Lutheran Tradition, grab a beer from my signature below!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

2PinkEllies

Dec 26, 2011
✟7,639.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm a fairly new Lutheran. My husband and I joined an ELCA congregation about 5 years ago. I grew up United Methodist, but my husband was basically agnostic. So he was also baptized when we joined. I can't even begin to list everything we love about the Lutheran church. It is a perfect fit, and feels like exactly the place we're supposed to be.

Upvote 0

QuiltAngel

Veteran
Apr 10, 2006
Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Please keep my daughter, her husband and their newborn, Samuel, in your prayers. Samuel arrive 13 weeks early and weighs 2 1/2 pounds. He is doing well for being so early and so little. He was born into God's family with Grandpa doing the honors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joyfulthanks

The long day is over. Praise the Lord!
May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Please keep my daughter, her husband and their newborn, Samuel, in your prayers. Samuel arrive 13 weeks early and weighs 2 1/2 pounds. He is doing well for being so early and so little. He was born into God's family with Grandpa doing the honors.

Lord Jesus, please have mercy on this little one and his family!

QA, I will add him to my husband and my family prayer list.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

John Constantine

Evangelical Orthodox Catholic
Oct 6, 2012
✟7,673.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello,

I have been reading the posts here for the last month or so and just got the Lutheranism 101 book. I already had the LSB and the Concordia Lutheran COnfessions 2nd Edition from CPH.

I did meet in person with a LCMS Pastor in my area (Frisco, TX) and he was kind enough to give me a Luther's Small Catechism with Explanation book.

Born and raised in RC, baptized as an infant, 1st Communion, Confirmation and a little time in Seminary (Local Diocese) while in College.

Been looking for a Home Church for a very long time (5-6 years) after lapsing from Catholicism several moons ago.

Been praying and reading a lot. I identify significantly with Luther's theology and conscience. I am not making a fast decision and I am making every effort to follow the Spirit of Truth's guidance and not my human intellect alone.

I believe I am being drawn to the Lutheran Church. So here I stand looking for help and willing to help as well :D While I have baggage, it is not over the weight limit ^_^

Thanks and God Bless :prayer:

Upvote 0