✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Maybe we do need more weapons controls.
Forget pistols and rifles, maybe we should ban grenade launchers.

The police were lucky he didn't get a chance to use it.

Will be interesting to find out where he got it.
Possibly riot control grenade launcher(tear gas)?

Upvote 0
A

a_nony_mous

Upvote 0

Saving Hawaii

Sep 6, 2008
Chico, CA
✟5,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I sure hope you're not trying to go the "See? All Muslims are terrorists!" route with this, Voegelin.

I think that might be the case.

With what happened lately in Lakewood, WA as well as several targeted attacks against police officers in Seattle, WA, it's hard not to notice the fact that the guy was sitting there 24/7 listening to a police scanner and wonder what he was going to do. Nothing quite gets some crooks off like killing cops.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I sure hope you're not trying to go the "See? All Muslims are terrorists!" route with this, Voegelin.

I made no comment. But you just did. A normal response to this would be "good". They got a Navy deserter who had a map of a military base, mideast garb and some serious weapons before he hurt anyone.

But that wasn't your first reaction at all.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I made no comment. But you just did. A normal response to this would be "good". They got a Navy deserter who had a map of a military base, mideast garb and some serious weapons before he hurt anyone.

With respect to the OP, it wasn't your first reaction at either, was it? Your first reaction was

red-and-white traditional headdress

Upvote 0
A

a_nony_mous

I made that reaction based on the fact that you felt it necessary to mention the man's headdress, and headdresses are a traditional part of Muslim garb. So it was you who took note of the fact that the man was Muslim, not me.

Upvote 0

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Actually it was neither of you; the article felt it necessary to mention it. Not only that, but the police felt it necessary to contact the Joint Terrorism Task Force. A common factor in a lot of recent terrorist activity is Islam and Middle Eastern descent. The article mentions neither the race nor religion of the man (though it does somewhat hint at it). And a headdress could be indicative of either race or religion or both.

It would be remiss to gloss over this.

Just for clarity, I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists; but neither can you make the assumption that the OP feels that way based on the fact that he included pertinent information about the article.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
With respect to the OP, it wasn't your first reaction at either, was it? Your first reaction was

Well yeah...I wanted to show possible motivation. So did the writer of the article. That is far from what was suggested I might be saying...ie..all Muslims are terrorists. Obvious they aren't. Those who immediately point out the obvious , not all Muslims are Jihadists, on hearing of an event like Ft. Hood or this are the ones who need to explain themselves, not me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Actually it was neither of you; the article felt it necessary to mention it. Not only that, but the police felt it necessary to contact the Joint Terrorism Task Force. A common factor in a lot of recent terrorist activity is Islam and Middle Eastern descent. The article mentions neither the race nor religion of the man (though it does somewhat hint at it). And a headdress could be indicative of either race or religion or both.

It would be remiss to gloss over this.

Just for clarity, I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists; but neither can you make the assumption that the OP feels that way based on the fact that he included pertinent information about the article.

Lets see, he had grenade launcher, map of a base, several semi auto rifles, ammo for all, I think it is safe to assume he is not out for a day of plinking tin cans.
Race/Religion is not an issue, he is probably a terrorist, someone bent on harming large number of unarmed persons, even if on base.(majority of occupations don't carry a firearm regularly.)

I offer this for the red and white headress, maybe it was red and white feathered headress. Native American terrorist?

It would be better to praise those that caught this man before he harmed anyone as knee jerk reaction, then figure out why he wanted to harm people with facts, rather then assumptions.

McVeigh was a terrorist, he was not Islamic, nor a foreigner. I have no different feelings comparing him to any Islamic terrorist, in alot of cases he was worse.

Upvote 0

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I offer this for the red and white headress, maybe it was red and white feathered headress. Native American terrorist?
The article mentions the headdress was of Middle Eastern origin. A Middle Eastern headdress is pretty distinguishable from a Native American "headdress."

It would be better to praise those that caught this man before he harmed anyone as knee jerk reaction, then figure out why he wanted to harm people with facts, rather then assumptions.
Are you saying that a terrorist's motivations are irrelevant? Are you prepared to deal with the consequences were such a ludicrous position to be adopted?

McVeigh was a terrorist, he was not Islamic, nor a foreigner. I have no different feelings comparing him to any Islamic terrorist, in alot of cases he was worse.
Terrorist activity has increased exponentially in the last few years; whereas terrorism might have occurred in isolated incidences in the past, it is a much larger threat now. It is not only possible but beneficial to take notice of common denominators and use such denominators to prevent and deter terrorist activity. If that is offensive to some people, I respond that your offense is of less concern to me than saving human lives.

Upvote 0