✟22,185.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This is the website for the US: Welcome | Vineyard USA

Wikipedia has a page: Association of Vineyard Churches - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I attended a Vineyard church many years ago when I was first "starting out" as a Christian. It is actually the church I was baptized in. It was a "modern" church with typical "praise & worship" band music, a very casual atmosphere. The pastors (a married couple) were nice people. I only attended for a couple of months before deciding to look elsewhere. No real reason at the time for leaving, I probably just wanted to explore more (I was a teenager). Today with where I am in my spiritual journey, I would not be comfortable with this particular church.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing my wife always tells people is that Vineyards are not churches for "pretty people". Many of the congregants are messed-up refugees from other denominations, and a lot are ex druggies, alcoholics, felons, and hookers. In fact, that is who the Vineyard seeks out. It is nothing to have a homosexual (male or female) couple in attendance, as well as an occasional Atheist.

Vineyards are adamant that anyone can come into our services without condemnation.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Vineyards are adamant that anyone can come into our services without condemnation.
That's useful. I know of one with that policy, but didn't know it was denominational.

The Vineyard has had a controversial history, which led to changes and a more diverse identity as it has grown. The one I have in mind makes decisions fairly independently, but still mixes at conferences and stays in conversation and collaboration with others.

There was a time when women were not allowed to lead, but now there are a handful of female pastors.

Upvote 0

jacktheman

Nov 18, 2014
Maine, USA
✟7,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
been a "Vineyardite" since 1995
participated in a few plants...
done worship heavily..
preached a few times..
seen God move..
seen folk get emotional..
seen folk repent & get healing..

it's the gift box of Chocolates, of denominations: never know what yer gonna get next!
very much antonymous, despite having a National board

got any specific questions?

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
it's the gift box of Chocolates, of denominations: never know what yer gonna get next!
Lol, good description.
very much antonymous, despite having a National board
Yes, more autonymous than most denominationals churches. The skills and convictions of each pastor determine much in the flavor of each church-- which can be a beautiful thing.

Upvote 0