Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Woah, woah woah.
I was just curious about your beliefs.
I'm not attacking you.
You don't need to pick apart everything I say and attempt to find fault in it.
I never accused you of attacking me. I was simply replying to your post, which I thought to be in error. Indeed, the impression I got from your post was that you were questioning my beliefs concerning your faith (specifically, the nature of Jesus).
But if I have offended you, then I apologise.

Upvote 0
D

DMagoh

Why would someone go to hell for being a Wiccan? That doesn't make sense, Wiccans are usually good people.

Mainly because God says so.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

That pretty much excludes any other way. That means Wiccans, Muslims, Buddhists, etc., any other way wont work. Unless you think Jesus was lying.

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, ""I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." isn't the same as "you will go to hell unless you guess the right theological beliefs."

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Who has to guess? It's pretty upfront what to believe. And even then it's not just believing for the demons believe .... and tremble knowing they are not in a right relationship.
If it was so upfront, there wouldn't be so many religions and denominations in the world.

Upvote 0

SpazNStuff

Aug 3, 2007
Visit site
✟7,711.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I never accused you of attacking me. I was simply replying to your post, which I thought to be in error. Indeed, the impression I got from your post was that you were questioning my beliefs concerning your faith (specifically, the nature of Jesus).
But if I have offended you, then I apologise.
Oh, it's quite all right.
My intention is not to attack your beliefs.

I've studied all the major religions, but the smaller ones, I haven't a clue about. I've also heard things about Wicca, and I don't know whether or not they are true, so if I question you, it is purely out of curiosity.
Knowledge is a beautiful thing.

Upvote 0

Chie

A wise King finds happiness in acts of mercy
Aug 13, 2006
Texas
✟17,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I explained previously, I reject salvation only insofar as I do not believe that the Christian notion of 'salvation' is true. Contrary to the most popular Christian mythos, I do not believe that humans are born 'in sin', that we need to be saved (via faith in Christ, or otherwise), etc.

I reject it in the sense that I would reject a theory that I do not believe in, rather than in the sense that I acknowledge it exists, but do not want it.
You made your point clear. Your lack of acceptance,faith,and believeth for whatever reasoning is still wrong and stands against the truth and the One and only Almighty God wiccan child.

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
Originally Posted by Wiccan_Child
The two primary deities of Wicca.

Of course I can. There is no evidence that he existed. However, what is the point of this statement? I said I rejected the existance of the Judaeo-Christian god, but I said nothing about Jesus.

Indeed. However, Franklin has independant contemporary accounts to verify his existance. It is possible he didn't exist, but the evidence is rather in his favour.
And it is here that your analogy is flawed: the evidence almost conclusively points to the existance of Franklin, but no evidence points to the physical existance of Jesus (let alone his alleged divinity).
Furthermore, to say that it is illogical to deny his existance is absurd: I can deny his existance because his existance is not proven.

And neither do the affirmations that Jesus was God's son, and God exists, make them true.

Yikes! No evidence that Jesus existed? Sorry, but that is a stupid statement. There is evidence he lived, and, evidence he lives today, still. Evidence he saves, heals, and delivers still. Documented evidence of his healing power.

You are right claiming Jesus was God's son doesn't make it true. But the truth of that affirmation can, and, does, save souls.

Not born in sin? Ha! Look around you! The efforts of man to rule himself is bringing the world to an end. But it's "all good"? We are corrupt to the core I'm afraid and, in need of restoration.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yikes! No evidence that Jesus existed? Sorry, but that is a stupid statement.
No evidence has been presented. What else do you expect me to say?

There is evidence he lived,
Care to present it?

and, evidence he lives today, still.
Forgive me, this sounds too much like those 'Elvis lives!' claims. Care to present your evidence?

Evidence he saves, heals, and delivers still. Documented evidence of his healing power.
Care to present this documented evidence?

You are right claiming Jesus was God's son doesn't make it true. But the truth of that affirmation can, and, does, save souls.
You are well within your rights to believe that, but if you're going to state it as fact, then you're going to have to present supporting evidence.

Not born in sin? Ha! Look around you! The efforts of man to rule himself is bringing the world to an end. But it's "all good"? We are corrupt to the core I'm afraid and, in need of restoration.
Of course humanity is trying to rule itself: from it's point of view, it's the most logical way to ensure it's survival. But to say that this is bad, and that this is destroying the world, is nonsense. The world won't end by our hand.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You made your point clear. Your lack of acceptance,faith,and believeth for whatever reasoning is still wrong and stands against the truth and the One and only Almighty God wiccan child.
It stands against what you believe to be true. I do not share that belief, so I have no qualms with my non-Christian status.

Upvote 0
D

DMagoh

As I explained previously, I reject salvation only insofar as I do not believe that the Christian notion of 'salvation' is true. Contrary to the most popular Christian mythos, I do not believe that humans are born 'in sin', that we need to be saved (via faith in Christ, or otherwise), etc.

I reject it in the sense that I would reject a theory that I do not believe in, rather than in the sense that I acknowledge it exists, but do not want it.

It stands against what you believe to be true. I do not share that belief, so I have no qualms with my non-Christian status.

You, of course, are entitled to your beliefs. However, I pray that before you die (or Jesus comes back) that your eyes are opened and realize that the one true God, Creator of the Universe, loves you and wants you to spend eternity with Him.

Upvote 0

edwardnortonfan

Jul 15, 2007
Big Rapids
Visit site
✟7,717.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think the wiccan faith is an recently invented religion that is sorta a "catch" all... that is that anything goes really. I think it's most common feature is the belief in "magic" either white or black, and the preformance of it (which unites them with any religion that has tried to perform magic such a shamans). They most commonly believe in a mother earth goddess called isis I believe, but as far as pagan, commonly there were no other gods mentioned or thought about. They have preistesses in their cults, ect. Does this sound accurate at all? :)

Sort of, but Wicca isn't a "catch-all" religion, although many who practice "neo-Wicca" treat it as such and believe everything they practice counts as Wicca as long as they "harm none" (another concept a lot of people don't seem to understand which causes fights galore whenever you try to debate it).

Upvote 0

Chie

Aug 13, 2006
Texas
✟17,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It stands against Truth, it is not based on what I believe to be true. I have no doubt about you not having no qualms of your non-christian status. No man comes to the Father unless the spirit draws him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chie

Aug 13, 2006
Texas
✟17,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What Truth™ is this, and why does non-Christianity stand against it?
The Truth is Jesus Christ, you know the truth I am referring to. Non-christians stand against him for their own reasons, same as you, but reasons do not change what is Truth.

Upvote 0

JWNEWMAN

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
✟21,154.00
Faith
Christian
No evidence has been presented. What else do you expect me to say?

No evidence? Have you studied the topic yourself? You could start here:
http://sonic.net/sentinel/naij3.html

Care to present it?

again: start here: http://sonic.net/sentinel/naij3.html

Forgive me, this sounds too much like those 'Elvis lives!' claims. Care to present your evidence?

Now you’re just showing extreme ignorance, or are simply being snide. There are literally millions of accounts of people who have had their lives transformed after placing faith in Christ. And literally millions of people today who would attest to the presence of Christ in their lives and the faithfulness of God to His promises. Is that not evidence?

Care to present this documented evidence?
I suppose I could but, you could simply to a search yourself on the internet regarding the same. My father was raised from his death bed, in the hospital, in front of doctor’s nurses and family members and this is documented.

You are well within your rights to believe that, but if you're going to state it as fact, then you're going to have to present supporting evidence.

Do you believe in love? Can you prove it exists? One can prove Christ is alive today by the evidence of the lives he’s changed, and, by the evidence of the millions of people who, attest to his life changing power.

Of course humanity is trying to rule itself: from it's point of view, it's the most logical way to ensure it's survival. But to say that this is bad, and that this is destroying the world, is nonsense. The world won't end by our hand.

Man can not rule over his own heart and desires. He is, without the guidance of God, ruled by his desires, passions, and, fears. He will inevitably destroy himself and his environment save for the intervention of God. Anyone with sense can see we are fast approaching such a time.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The Truth is Jesus Christ
I don't understand. What statement are declaring to be true?

you know the truth I am referring to.
No, I do not. Hard as this may be to believe, but there are absolutist beliefs other than Christian ones. Buddhism is a good example of a collection of absolutist statements.

Non-christians stand against him for their own reasons, same as you, but reasons do not change what is Truth.
Correct. However, it still does tell us what is true. It is debateable that Jesus even existed, let alone was begat of a lonely deity.

Upvote 0

Chie

Aug 13, 2006
Texas
✟17,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand. What statement are declaring to be true?

No, I do not. Hard as this may be to believe, but there are absolutist beliefs other than Christian ones. Buddhism is a good example of a collection of absolutist statements.

Correct. However, it still does tell us what is true. It is debateable that Jesus even existed, let alone was begat of a lonely deity.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.