Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
✟15,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi folks,

I'm sorry to raise such a controversial topic... but take a moment to watch this video below.

Go to YouTube and search for "xMbfQ117Jts" (without the quotation marks - use copy and paste)

I am curious to get your feedback.

Do you think the people of Westboro Baptist Church are doing God's work and sharing His Holy message? Or do you feel like they are misinforming people and sharing a message of hate that reflects poorly on Christianity?

I have my own opinion but I'd be curious to see what the rest of you think.

God bless,

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Westboro has been discussed at length here over the years. Bible Fundamentalists condemn them as a cult. You can do a search in this forum for more discussion. Here's one of the more lengthy discussions: http://www.christianforums.com/t7453954/

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟394,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Brent,here's the link..

Pretty disturbed people to say the least!

Disturbed. awww you're being nice for the word filters aren't ya :)
The WBC are ... well I don't know how to put it without tripping the mess out of the site filters. :)

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Disturbed. awww you're being nice for the word filters aren't ya :)
The WBC are ... well I don't know how to put it without tripping the mess out of the site filters. :)

You're right..When I think about them,I get
unhappy-060.GIF
,want to
MSN-Emoticon-sick-146.gif
,and the filters do this to me..
unhappy-046.gif

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably not a bad idea to pray for them. Do any of us deserve God's grace more than they do?

They probably wouldn't want our prayers..considering that our prayers would be to turn from their hateful ways..
They in turn would want to pray that we become just like them and join their little cult!

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,659.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They probably wouldn't want our prayers..considering that our prayers would be to turn from their hateful ways..
They in turn would want to pray that we become just like them and join their little cult!

Nah, those yayhoos think that everyone who doesn't believe as they do is beyond prayer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

freezerman2000

Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So they are a cult? Well I'm glad to see that no one has been brave enough to support them in this thread yet... but...

What do you call a small group of crazy people? a cult.

What do you call a large group of crazy people? a religion.

They are a cult
answer #1 is spot on
answer #2-the population of a psychiatric hospital.

Religions and Atheism BOTH have their fair share of crazies,but neither group has a monopoly on the other.

Upvote 0

dryvrgrl

Nov 1, 2012
canada
✟7,722.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
In 2008, a young man in Canada was brutally attacked by a madmad (while asleep on a greyhound bus) who then decapitated him and ate part of his flesh.
The congregation of the westboro church planned on coming to protest the funeral.

"God is punishing Canada, for passing laws against WBC - by exposing Canadians as cannibals and highway decapitaters. WBC prays for more and worse calamities from God. We'll picket their funerals."

They were stopped at the boarder.

i think "cult" is thrown around alot, and religious watchdogs call everyone with something different than accepted "norm" a "cult".. however, cult or not, there are some really disturbed teachings being done at that church.

(see ya later Tim McLean)

Upvote 0