Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want to know why insults of Catholics are allowed here but not of anyone else?

If its near and dear to me and Catholic it can be slandered with impunity.

But if its near and dear to someone else, it doesn't matter who is addressed, its verbotten - unless its Catholic.

May God have Mercy!

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I want to know why insults of Catholics are allowed here but not of anyone else?

If its near and dear to me and Catholic it can be slandered with impunity.

But if its near and dear to someone else, it doesn't matter who is addressed, its verbotten - unless its Catholic.

May God have Mercy!

I have to fight the fortress Vatican mentality a lot. It's so tempting to just immerse myself into the Catholic faith, and put the rest of Christianity on ignore.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have to fight the fortress Vatican mentality a lot. It's so tempting to just immerse myself into the Catholic faith, and put the rest of Christianity on ignore.

I think I did that to long and its catching up to me. The funny thing is I never have a problem with people face to face.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Personally I was leaning toward the be open to life, but please dear God don't make me have to watch you nurse your baby, double standard.

Try not to let any of the Catholic bashing get you down. Take the higher road and pray for those who persecute us. Try also to attribute as many wrongs as you can to ignorance, rather than malice.

Good advice. Thanks. I do that except when I know better and its not ignorance or illness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

How so? I have Prot friends, I hang out with them all the time. They are amongst my best friends. I invite them to come to Divine Liturgy with me. I am open about my faith (sometimes) with them. I do not pressure them. However, this does not mean that I will go to a heretical service. Hence, I do not go with them, to such services.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How so? I have Prot friends, I hang out with them all the time. They are amongst my best friends. I invite them to come to Divine Liturgy with me. I am open about my faith (sometimes) with them. I do not pressure them. However, this does not mean that I will go to a heretical service. Hence, I do not go them.

I've been Catholic for almost eight years and have never been part of the protestant tradition. For some reason, I don't have any protestant friends in real life, at least protestants who can talk about their faith in depth. You'd think that being active in my parish's StVdeP conference I'd have an opportunity to bump up against them all the time, since we're surrounded by protestant churches, but that hasn't turned out to be the case. Mostly my contact with them is limited to when they call us for assistance.

Unfortunately, most of the experience I've had with protestants has been limited to GT and they've left quite an impression on me.

I get so much out of Catholicism and out of my parish. Much of my life rotates around that community. My best friend is Catholic, and I'm married to her. So, given that, and the role protestants play in my life, it would be easy just to fade back into the Church and ignore the clamor.

God has offered me so much within His Church, that I see little reason to go out of bounds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gyasi

Looking for Christ
Aug 24, 2010
Ontario
✟8,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I can't talk about my faith with any of my friends IRL before the discussion ends up in how the Vatican is a military organization or how the Jesuits are apart of the ever-so-powerful illuminati or how the Pope is conspiring a new world order.

It's so depressing. Then I have the problem of people not taking me seriously on these forums because of 1. My age and 2. The icon beside my age that says 'Catholic' when you hover over it. I'm sure it would appear as though I'm angry a lot when I have to lose my patience because of irrational people.

Just like how there's a Catholic that doesn't believe that the Bible is the Word of God and I disagreed with that which ended up in me getting accused of worshiping pieces of paper stuck together. (the Bible)

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
....Just like how there's a Catholic that doesn't believe that the Bible is the Word of God and I disagreed with that which ended up in me getting accused of worshiping pieces of paper stuck together. (the Bible)
It happens.

Upvote 0