• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Vicious cycle-can´t get out

brenda_pulido

Mar 20, 2002
Monterrey Mexico
✟381.00
Faith
Christian
Im writing to you in the midst of the storm of my brain. Cant get out. Im in the middle of my problems and dont know how to get out. To get professional help I need money. For money I need a job, and for a job I need preparation. to Get preparation I need money and the cycle goes again and again.

I can´t get out. I dont´know how to get out. Im trapped. I can´t get out. God doesnt seem to even help. He is so confusing, He´s more a God of confusion than a God of love.

I say that with lot of respect.

Suicide may be a door. But I may lose other stuff. Besides my life.

I have lost everything, including family ties. family doesnt seem to help or willing to try to understand what is goping on.

My grandad is another issue. Im in the middle of a family problem.

God: I cant .

I give up.

Let me give in.

WeakButHopeful

Oct 25, 2003
East Coast of USA
Visit site
✟8,470.00
Faith
Catholic
First Brenda, please believe me that the advice I am about to give you has worked for me in the past (though I admit it sounds like your troubles are worse than I have faced). I say this because the advice sounds too simple, and it is. It is simple advice, but it is also hard to put into practice.

"Let go, let God."

You said it yourself, *you* can't do it. You also say that it looks like God isn't helping but is causing more confusion. Sometimes that happens when we never let go of a problem long enough for Him to solve it. He will not force us to do anything, and that includes letting Him help.

Elijah laid down under a broom tree in despair and prayed for death (I Kings 19:4). But by the end of that chapter (I Kings 19:21) God had everything worked out. And Elijah should have known better, because he had always been cared for in his walk with God, and God had even used him to do great miracles affecting an entire country.

There are famous people today who will tell you that their lives were once filled with despair (and many not so famous people too).

I cannot *prove* any of this to you, but I can ask you to join the others who have replied to your posting (and myself) in prayer: asking God that as you lay your problems before Him and promise to obey Him that He show you His awesome love and guide you out of despair and into hope. I'm not saying He will solve all of your problems quickly (though that is certainly one of His options if He chooses and if you cooperate). I'm not saying that He will solve them the way you think they should be solved. What I am saying is that God does not want to see you remain in a pit of despair, what father would? (see Matthew 7:9).

Now, of course, I do not know you. Perhaps you have already tried "Let go, let God". If so the only other advice I have for you is to seek help. I know you said you do not have money. Perhaps a minister or priest could help you talk through your problems and give you ideas that had not occurred to you...or perhaps a friend (I know you said your relatives have not helped)...or perhaps there is a free clinic or government aid.

I believe that you are precious to God, and that He has a special job for you (as we all do). May God bless you and keep you.

Upvote 0
O

ocker

Hi Brenda,

Sometimes it does get pretty tough. It is hard, but I can assure you that God will make a way. Ive been there and am probably still there.

I am facing serious financial difficulties, my marriage is on the rocks (and the ship is probably sinking with each passing day). But God still manages to get me by each day. Some scriptures I found useful were Psalm 37, 71 and 118. Why do I care? Galatians 6:2 says that we should carry each others burdens, and thats what I intend to do for you. I will hold you up in prayer, I will put your burdens before the Lord as I pray. :pray:

One thing I have learnt over the past few months is that God doesnt always give us what we want, but will ALWAYS give us what we truly need. Look at I Kings 17:12 onwards. One thing I learnt was that God didnt give her a full container of oil and meal, but it never ran out! Gives a new meaning to give us this day our daily bread! If God fixed every problem we had in entirety then we wouldnt have to trust him each day to day. In the past. I had prayed for lots of money to overcome my debts, God didnt give me heaps of money but he did teach me to budget properly; I asked for God to change my wifes heart when we argued, and he taught me to communicate better. I guess the best way of explaining it is the old analogy - give someone a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Teaching is the way that I have found God works. He wants you to lean on him from day to day, and trust him. Is it easy? Not at all. It is THE hardest thing I have found in my walk. My father-in-law, who is also my pastor, showed me an example. Think of the Israelites as they came to the Red Sea in Exodus. All they saw in front of them was water. How do you think that would feel, knowing that you have an army of Egyptians, 600 chosen chariots, and ALL of the Egyptian calvary (chariots) coming after you in hot pursuit. Pretty fear filled I would think. But God made a way. The water filled them with fear, but it parted. As they walked throught the Red Sea they still had the walls of water in full view on either side of them (Exo 14:22) and later behind them also as it drowned the Egyptians (Exo 14:28). The water was in full view with only the way that God was leading them. Sometimes we dont know the way, sometimes it feels as though God has abandoned us, but he is ALWAYS there, caring for us, even though we might not see his hand.

One of the hardest things that I had to do was to throw my hands up and say to God that he isnt just my saviour, he is also my lord. Once that happened, things didnt get easier in the walk, but the coping with the walk became easier.

Take care of yourself and know that there are people out there raising you up in prayer.

May God bless you and comfort you.

Upvote 0

poppy

Sep 28, 2003
✟159.00
Faith
Christian
Brenda
hang in there.​
still praying for you.​
good advice from people on this thread,​
do you get chance to read the bible much?​