Venus

Mistermystery

Here's looking at you kid
Apr 19, 2004
✟5,275.00
Faith
Atheist
davyuk said:
Anyone here watch the old girl wander in front of our local star today?

I watched it (using precautions). Though it was just a tiny dot, it was quite an experience.
I took a couple of pictures, with a nice analoge cam and a telescope, I do hope that they turn out okay... I even made one with my digi-cam and a short exposure time, but those haven't got the same impact as my analoge has (at least I hope so). It was fairly hot and clear here, so there's bound to be a couple of good ones between them.

Upvote 0

Ron21647

Jun 2, 2004
Moyock, NC, USA
✟740.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mistermystery

Here's looking at you kid
Apr 19, 2004
✟5,275.00
Faith
Atheist
Ron21647 said:
we had fog also. Here is a picture from Astronomy Picture of the Day

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap040609.html

Ron
I urge you all to look at that dot link (venusvoordezon.nl) it has some beauties of shots, mostly from astronomers here in Holland

DOTegress.jpg

Upvote 0

Stellar Vision

Mar 17, 2004
Raleigh, NC
✟138,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ron21647 said:
we had fog also.
Yes I understand is was clouded over much of the East coast that morning, though I didn't check the weather channel. Most of the people I knew who were also out reported clouds as well.

I can at least take comfort in the fact that I did not mearly choose a bad location; I can just blame it on the weather and not myself.

Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
davyuk said:
Anyone here watch the old girl wander in front of our local star today?

I watched it (using precautions). Though it was just a tiny dot, it was quite an experience.
I actually woke up before sunrise yesterday to see it. Most of my family made Venus out, but I managed to repeatedly blind myself without seeing Venus. D'OH! Oh well, it was still pretty enjoyable just to watch the sun rise.

Upvote 0