Vatican’s Doctrinal Office Preparing ‘Very Important Document on Human Dignity,’ Cardinal Fernández Says

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The prefect of the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith said in a new interview that the document would address ‘moral questions such as sex-change surgery, surrogacy, and gender ideology.’

VATICAN CITY — The Vatican’s doctrinal chief has revealed that his dicastery is writing “a very important document on human dignity” that contains “a strong criticism” of immoral trends in contemporary society.

Cardinal Víctor Manuel Fernández, the Vatican’s prefect at the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith (DDF), told the Spanish news agency EFEon Friday that the new document will include “not only social issues but also a strong criticism of moral questions such as sex-change surgery, surrogacy, and gender ideology.”

The news comes days after Pope Francis spoke out against surrogate motherhood, calling it “deplorable” and advocating a global ban. Francis has also often criticized gender theory, referring to it as “dangerous” and “one of the most dangerous ideological colonizations” that blur the differences and value of men and women.

In November 2022, Dutch Cardinal Willem Eijk, a former physician, called for a papal encyclical to combat the false anthropology at the heart of gender ideology. “Gender theory is being pushed in all kinds of organizations and we as a Church have not said that much about it,” he said in an interview.

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The prefect of the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith said in a new interview that the document would address ‘moral questions such as sex-change surgery, surrogacy, and gender ideology.’

VATICAN CITY — The Vatican’s doctrinal chief has revealed that his dicastery is writing “a very important document on human dignity” that contains “a strong criticism” of immoral trends in contemporary society.

Cardinal Víctor Manuel Fernández, the Vatican’s prefect at the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith (DDF), told the Spanish news agency EFEon Friday that the new document will include “not only social issues but also a strong criticism of moral questions such as sex-change surgery, surrogacy, and gender ideology.”

The news comes days after Pope Francis spoke out against surrogate motherhood, calling it “deplorable” and advocating a global ban. Francis has also often criticized gender theory, referring to it as “dangerous” and “one of the most dangerous ideological colonizations” that blur the differences and value of men and women.

In November 2022, Dutch Cardinal Willem Eijk, a former physician, called for a papal encyclical to combat the false anthropology at the heart of gender ideology. “Gender theory is being pushed in all kinds of organizations and we as a Church have not said that much about it,” he said in an interview.

Continued below.
Right now I couldn't begin to guess how this would all come out.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I’m sure there will be some apologetics fit in for Fiducia Supplicans as well.
I won't stress about that one until after it arrives. I won't even stress then. But if it's another mess I guess I'll say so. I wish I wasn't witnessing the deconstruction of the faith in real time. I've lived too long. Lord, it,s your Church. I'm going to bed.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Isn't there anybody who can dissuade Fernanadez from issuing more paper??? Hasn't he done enough damage already??? :mad:
I think we have to wait and see.

Upvote 0