Uses of Creationist Science

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
The problem is that YEC's would have to develop their own geology from scratch. YEC claims have a huge problem with consistency. YEC geology is not developed enough to even begin to look for oil.

How would YEC geologists look for oil? At best they could copy geophysicists and look for the correct structures. Not every likely looking structure traps oil. In fact very few of them do. That is why certain paleontologists make the big bucks.

This was written by a oil geologist who was a YEC, but could no longer hold that position when he started working in oil geology. He actually contacted a few other people from the YEC movement that were also working for oil companies. This is his story.

But eventually, by 1994 I was through with young-earth creationISM. Nothing that young-earth creationists had taught me about geology turned out to be true. I took a poll of my ICR graduate friends who have worked in the oil industry. I asked them one question.

"From your oil industry experience, did any fact that you were taught at ICR, which challenged current geological thinking, turn out in the long run to be true? ,"

That is a very simple question. One man, Steve Robertson, who worked for Shell grew real silent on the phone, sighed and softly said 'No!' A very close friend that I had hired at Arco, after hearing the question, exclaimed, "Wait a minute. There has to be one!" But he could not name one. I can not name one. No one else could either. One man I could not reach, to ask that question, had a crisis of faith about two years after coming into the oil industry. I do not know what his spiritual state is now but he was in bad shape the last time I talked to him.
http://glennmortonspages.wikispaces...+Testimony+Why+I+Left+Young-Earth+Creationism

YEC is incapable of describing the real world.

Upvote 0

Seipai

Jan 20, 2014
✟1,266.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Excellent article Loudmouth. There was a warning about pushing Young Earth Creationism that all Christians should take seriously. When what he was taught by the ICR turned out to be terribly wrong the author of the paper linked by Loudmouth had this to say:

And being through with creationism, I very nearly became through with Christianity. I was on the very verge of becoming an atheist.

He was almost driven out of Christianity by the dishonesty of creationists.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,915,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now you're whining about being "oppressed?" What, is a "scientist" threatening to take away your computer, cheeseburger and Pepsi?
Worse ... our jobs.

Upvote 0

kevinmaynard

Nov 17, 2013
✟886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In this country, if someone refuses to hire a person because said person is a YEC, then they had better keep it under wraps about it, or they can find themselves in a federal lawsuit.

I have a feeling the remark, "They can't find oil" is indicative of how scientists oppress Christians today.

Of course, an oil company knows better than to admit it to the one submitting the application ...

... so they lie to him.

Let's see if any oil company in this Christian nation has the guts to put up a sign in their lobby:

WON'T HIRE YOUNG EARTH CREATIONISTS.

Cowards.

No won't hire young earth creationists. Won't even interview them. We have lawyers very skilled in EEOC, and we have nothing to worry about. We hire from UH, Rice, UT, St. Thomas all across the country, but if you have a degree in YEC you got no job. The resume goes right in the trash.

Why.

Cause they can't find oil.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,915,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No won't hire young earth creationists. Won't even interview them. We have lawyers very skilled in EEOC, and we have nothing to worry about. We hire from UH, Rice, UT, St. Thomas all across the country, but if you have a degree in YEC you got no job. The resume goes right in the trash.

Why.

Cause they can't find oil.
At least you're honest about it.

Do you guys belong in federal prision along with Mr. Hovind?

Or is your attitude, "We won't get caught"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kevinmaynard

Nov 17, 2013
✟886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At least you're honest about it.

Do you guys belong in federal prision along with Mr. Hovind?

Or is your attitude, "We won't get caught"?

No our lawyers say it doesn't even come close to breaking a law. We have nothing to worry about. I am also well versed in EEOC as a recruiter. If you have a degree in YEC. Trash pile for your resume.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No our lawyers say it doesn't even come close to breaking a law. We have nothing to worry about. I am also well versed in EEOC as a recruiter. If you have a degree in YEC. Trash pile for your resume.

I am interested to know how he thinks you are breaking the law.

Upvote 0

kevinmaynard

Nov 17, 2013
✟886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it does break the law, Mr. We Have Lawyers Skilled In EEOC.

No seriously it doesn't break the law. YEC isn't a protected class. Having a degree in young earth geology only shows you will waste time and money, and then not have a clue how to find oil. That isn't protected either.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,915,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wasn't aware YEC was a degree?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,915,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No seriously it doesn't break the law. YEC isn't a protected class. Having a degree in young earth geology only shows you will waste time and money, and then not have a clue how to find oil. That isn't protected either.
YEC ≠ Young Earth Geology

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kevinmaynard

Nov 17, 2013
✟886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0