Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
They can go to any country they want except here. 6.8 billion people live somewhere other than America, they have a big world to find a job in.
I guess that makes sense. Take the bread winner away from the family and leave the woman (who comes from a culture where working women don't exist) to support the children.
That will also leave open plenty of space for your righteous indignation about the fact they none of them got "any jobs" and are all living "high on the tax payer's money".
Simply put, your idea is ill thought through.

I wish people showed as much fear for driving as they do for victims of a violence with absolutely nothing to support them.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ah. So we should discriminate against people because we don't like their religion.
When a religion's sole purpose is deemed to be a caliphate and world control, yes. There is a jihad against the west for the last few decades, in case you just woke up.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I guess that makes sense. Take the bread winner away from the family and leave the woman (who comes from a culture where working women don't exist) to support the children.
That will also leave open plenty of space for your righteous indignation about the fact they none of them got "any jobs" and are all living "high on the tax payer's money".
Simply put, your idea is ill thought through.

I wish people showed as much fear for driving as they do for victims of a violence with absolutely nothing to support them.
I hope they live on your street

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Are you not aware of what has been happening in Syria and the Middle East, or do you just not care?

The ME is a big place. It isn't all a war zone.

Sure...they can wait for years penniless and without a home, waiting for the slow process to worm their way through the immigration system. Or we can take many of them in now, housing them and giving them a fresh start while we sort out the issues surrounding immigration. Of course, the latter requires us not to allow hate and anger and fear to control us, which is why I don't see much chance of it happening.
If they aren't in eminent danger, then why should they jump ahead of everyone else who is trying to legally immigrate? Just because they are poor can't be a reason. Why should they jump ahead of a poor Kenyan, or a poor Indian who has already been waiting years to come here?

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How do you get a sense of pride out of caving into fear and turning away people who desperately need help?
because the government has the duty to protect the people from outside harm.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

If they aren't in eminent danger, then why should they jump ahead of everyone else who is trying to legally immigrate? Just because they are poor can't be a reason. Why should they jump ahead of a poor Kenyan, or a poor Indian who has already been waiting years to come here?
Exactly. Among many other reasons

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

True, but in the areas that are not war zones really need Refugee status.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't mind if they live on my street, so long as they don't have to suffer with your terrible ideas on how to support them.
read your own words - "support them"

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When a religion's sole purpose is deemed to be a caliphate and world control, yes. There is a jihad against the west for the last few decades, in case you just woke up.

That's like saying that Christianity's goal is bombing abortion clinics and getting overly upset over Starbucks coffee cups. We're reading dangerous ground when our immigration policy is all about how we don't want to admit "undesirables" because of their religion.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

They left that region for a reason. They wanted to come here for the opportunity and to escape the bloody civil war in their homeland.

It's not so much that they're in imminent danger as that they're indigent and have nowhere else to go. But because we're overly fearful and becoming more bigoted towards their religion, we're going to turn them away.

This has uncomfortable historical echoes:
http://www.floridahistorynetwork.co...ugee-ship-turned-away-from-florida-coast.html

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This might be a relevant read for the participants of this thread:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...efugees/?postshare=3061447696150758&tid=ss_tw

That's one of the most tragically ironic aspect of this kerfuffle: by turning our backs on the Syrian refugees, we're playing right into ISIS' hands. That's what they want us to do, because it fits their propaganda and aids with their recruitment.

Ultimately, I don't think that ISIS (or any other foreign threat) will destroy this nation. We will destroy ourselves with our fear and xenophobia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Ultimately, I don't think that ISIS (or any other foreign threat) will destroy this nation. We will destroy ourselves with our fear and xenophobia.
Fear is greater than love if you let it be.
"Forget showing compassion to 300,000 people because 1 of them might be at terrorist".

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Fear is greater than love if you let it be.
"Forget showing compassion to 300,000 people because 1 of them might be at terrorist".
or what about this. For now, have a system where they have to PROVE that they do NOT mean harm.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This might be a relevant read for the participants of this thread:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...efugees/?postshare=3061447696150758&tid=ss_tw

That's one of the most tragically ironic aspect of this kerfuffle: by turning our backs on the Syrian refugees, we're playing right into ISIS' hands. That's what they want us to do, because it fits their propaganda and aids with their recruitment.

In the end, I highly doubt the US refuses refugees. What you are seeing, is an immediate response that would be expected, after what happened in Paris and evidence, that one or more of the terrorists, were part of the refugee group.

Should this be an alarm to hit the pause button and assure we are being very thorough in how we vet the refugees?

Reactions: Tallguy88
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,007.00
Country
United States