Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Oct 10 (Reuters) - U.S. Representative George Santos was hit with more criminal charges on Tuesday, with prosecutors accusing him of inflating his campaign's fundraising numbers and charging campaign contributors' credit cards without their consent.
A 23-count superseding indictment filed in federal court in Central Islip, New York charged the embattled Long Island congressman and his former treasurer, Nancy Marks, with falsely telling the Federal Election Commission (FEC) that their family members had made significant financial contributions.
This isn't just "campaign finance" violations. This would be straight-up grand theft sprinkled with identity theft.

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"...with prosecutors accusing him of inflating his campaign's fundraising numbers and charging campaign contributors' credit cards without their consent..."

...seems to be a trend for Republican fund raising.

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
...seems to be a trend for Republican fund raising.
“…and help me win my fight against the corrupt establishment that is trying to silence your voice!”

They nearly write themselves, eh?

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

A group of House Republicans from New York is introducing a resolution to expel Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., from Congress.
"Today, I’ll be introducing an expulsion resolution to rid the People’s House of fraudster George Santos," Rep. Anthony D'Esposito, R-N.Y., said Wednesday on X.
He told reporters he considers Santos "a stain" on the House and on New York state. "It's time that we move on from George Santos," D'Esposito said.
He said the resolution will be co-sponsored by fellow New York House Republicans Nick LaLota, Mike Lawler, Marc Molinaro, Nick Langworthy and Brandon Williams.
I guess if he had as many charges as the Republican front-runner for president they'd ask him to throw his hat in the ring for VP.

Upvote 0