Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urge to pray

Discussion in 'Spiritual Gifts' started by hopetoday, Feb 13, 2012.

1. hopetoday

hopetoday Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    vghvhjvhjvhjv

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  2. touchedbyadream

touchedbyadream Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    CA-Conservatives
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
    the physical and the spiritual are very much connected!
    When I'm talking with someone, and I feel led to pray for them, I feel it in my body. I was just talking with my best friend over skype the other day about this very thing. I'll know I"m supposed to pray for someone when my heart starts pounding and my hands sweat. I'll pick up on someone's fears and insecurities, and depending on what they are, I'll physically feel ill in different parts of my body. If it's a stronghold in someone's life I have to pray about I'll feel weak in different parts of my body. I ask God what it's about, and why I'm feeling that way, and what the Holy Spirit wants me to pray about, and then when I do, the sensation goes away. If I've had the chance to share it with people (re: what they need prayer for, or truth applied to their lives to encourage them), and things are accurate and Jesus heals them, or reassures them, those physical sensations are replaced by warmth and rest.
    It's a gifting for intercessory prayer. Embrace it, surrender it to Jesus, and ask God how He wants to use it for the benefit of someone else.

Thanks for sharing!

3. servant of Merciful Love

servant of Merciful Love CF Teams Manager Supporter CF Ambassador Angels Team

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Catholic
    This topic will get better response in Christian Advice

*This forum is just for those in ministry to discuss ministry programs etc
    God bless you :pray:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012