KUALA LUMPUR
✟15,187.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Share your Bible quote and soft skill on how to handle such a person.
narcissist.png

Assume there is a higher authority colleague who has such an attitude and used to give commandments.

Say when you query and try to understand his commandment or requirement, then he is unable to answer but pinpoint your mistake on something else.

I.e. The director reduced the budget of the new train or new transportation infrastructure to a certain amount that is difficult to accomplish. When come to query, then he will respond that if you don’t follow then the result will be the same as the public toilet refurbished before or the requirement was written somewhere else that himself couldn't understand. There is no relation between the train and public toilet yet is not compare apple to apple.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
View attachment 319776

Assume there is a higher authority colleague who has such an attitude and used to give commandments.

Say when you query and try to understand his commandment or requirement, then he is unable to answer but pinpoint your mistake on something else.

I.e. The director reduced the budget of the new train or new transportation infrastructure to a certain amount that is difficult to accomplish. When come to query, then he will respond that if you don’t follow then the result will be the same as the public toilet refurbished before or the requirement was written somewhere else that himself couldn't understand. There is no relation between the train and public toilet yet is not compare apple to apple.
I score highly on narcissism. I really appreciate people who don’t take themselves very seriously and laugh at my jokes (which to be fair is quite easy because I’m very funny).

Upvote 0

wikey321

Mar 3, 2020
KUALA LUMPUR
✟15,187.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
How is this exploring Christianity?
>>Kill the dragon. Save the girl.

May be is a good dragon ? Why not release the dragon and save the girl too ?:crossrc:

May be the girl didn't listen to advice at first and entered the dragon territory ?

Upvote 0

wikey321

Mar 3, 2020
KUALA LUMPUR
✟15,187.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I score highly on narcissism. I really appreciate people who don’t take themselves very seriously and laugh at my jokes (which to be fair is quite easy because I’m very funny).
What kinda joke? mind to share? or example of narcissism that you think people should accept?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
What kinda joke? mind to share? or example of narcissism that you think people should accept?
It’s always some reverse self depreciation that is a bit obvious but still reinforces how great I think I am.

And if a person makes a joke to put themselves down I can be magnanimous: bolstering my own self esteem.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,733,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
>>Kill the dragon. Save the girl.

May be is a good dragon ? Why not release the dragon and save the girl too ?:crossrc:

May be the girl didn't listen to advice at first and entered the dragon territory ?
Anyway, what does the OP have to do with exploring Christianity?

• Agree
Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0

wikey321

Mar 3, 2020
KUALA LUMPUR
✟15,187.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Anyway, what does the OP have to do with exploring Christianity?
Exploring Jesus in emotional intelligence teaching

As a Christian and a scientist I have found that the freedom to explore questions of science and faith has lead to a deeper faith and a better understanding of my faith. Curiosity led me to answers that are far deeper and more satisfying than the simple statements of faith. However ... I have relatives who would view me as something of a heretic. Although I value scripture (studying it and listening to it on a continuing basis) and can affirm, without hesitation, the basic tenets of our faith, my answers to questions surrounding science and faith don't always agree with their rather fundamentalist view of origins, or evolution, or inspiration.

Is Curiosity a Shared Value?

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,733,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Exploring Jesus in emotional intelligence teaching

As a Christian and a scientist I have found that the freedom to explore questions of science and faith has lead to a deeper faith and a better understanding of my faith. Curiosity led me to answers that are far deeper and more satisfying than the simple statements of faith. However ... I have relatives who would view me as something of a heretic. Although I value scripture (studying it and listening to it on a continuing basis) and can affirm, without hesitation, the basic tenets of our faith, my answers to questions surrounding science and faith don't always agree with their rather fundamentalist view of origins, or evolution, or inspiration.

Is Curiosity a Shared Value?
I’m not sure why you think this answers the question. It was unambiguous.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟587,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Wikey :)

Pray for the person. Trust how God is able.

Be a good example, always ready for loving the person, so you are a best friend to him or her, by being a real example so he or she can find out how to love.

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

So, just finding psychological ways to control the person could be lording it over him or her. But God is able to change the character of someone who is narcissistic.

"The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (in Luke 18:27)

Reactions: wikey321
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wikey321

Mar 3, 2020
KUALA LUMPUR
✟15,187.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Wikey :)

Pray for the person. Trust how God is able.

Be a good example, always ready for loving the person, so you are a best friend to him or her, by being a real example so he or she can find out how to love.

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

So, just finding psychological ways to control the person could be lording it over him or her. But God is able to change the character of someone who is narcissistic.

"The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." (in Luke 18:27)
Be a good example --> Narcissist always think they always right. Say, he/she normally donate 1 dollar to Church only. But me would like to donate a little more say 10 dollar because feeling grateful able to close some client sales and God answered the prayers. he/she will against it then how would u handle this?

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Be a good example --> Narcissist always think they always right. Say, he/she normally donate 1 dollar to Church only. But me would like to donate a little more say 10 dollar because feeling grateful able to close some client sales and God answered the prayers. he/she will against it then how would u handle this?

We are all sinners, and most of the time we like to think ourselves are in the right. comfy8 is correct, pray for them. Only God can wake us.

By the way, I used to believe in evolution, not any more. To me now evolution is more like parameter tuning instead of full scale change, i.e. gear shifting in car to make it go faster instead of shake a bunch of cars a million years and out popup an airplane.

Upvote 0

wikey321

Mar 3, 2020
KUALA LUMPUR
✟15,187.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
We are all sinners, and most of the time we like to think ourselves are in the right. comfy8 is correct, pray for them. Only God can wake us.

By the way, I used to believe in evolution, not any more. To me now evolution is more like parameter tuning instead of full scale change, i.e. gear shifting in car to make it go faster instead of shake a bunch of cars a million years and out popup an airplane.

I researched this before and still practicing as highlighted in red below
EQ.png

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟587,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But me would like to donate a little more say 10 dollar because feeling grateful able to close some client sales and God answered the prayers. he/she will against it then how would u handle this?
Well, being Christ's example can include how we do certain things in secret . . . right? What we need is not only a showing-off example, but example first which is in the sight of God :)

And the part of our example which God can use to help a narcissist the most is how we are in the sight of God >

1 Peter 3:1-4 > in case this is in your native language >

"Demikian juga kamu, isteri-isteri harus taat kepada suami, supaya jika ada antara suami kamu yang tidak parcaya kepada firman Allah, kelakuan kamu akan menyebabkan mereka menjadi parcaya. Kamu tidak perlu mengatakan apa-apa kepada mereka, kerana mereka boleh melihat kelakuan kamu yang murni dan penuh hormat. Janganlah kecantikan kamu bergantung kepada hiasan rambut, barang kemas, ataupun pakaian yang mahal-mahal. Sebaliknya, hendaklah kecantikan kamu terdiri daripada batin yang murni, budi pekertia yang lembut, dan tenang. Itulah kecantikan abadi yang sangat berharga di sise Allah." (1 Petrus 3:1-4)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I researched this before and still practicing as highlighted in red below
View attachment 319811

Understand. I would say the green box (Love your neighbor) actually are over all other boxes, as Yeshua said it is the biggest law of them all. It is very difficult though as none of us are capable of it not for God's grace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums