Two simple steps to becoming the Christian you want to be....

G

gideons300

Two steps? That;s it? C'mon, brother, what have you been smoking? But it is true. Consider....

The hardest thing man has to do to enter His rest and put on the new man is to see that we do not have the strength, the determination, the ability, the sticktoitiveness to do it. Man's lower nature, our flesh, finds it impossible to break and admit this. Pride dies hard. So God uses situations, our failures, the hounds of Heaven if needs be, to get us to the point He needs to get us to. And what is that?

It is the point where we have NO strength. And the scriptures tell us this clearly:

"and unto them that have no strength, He shall increase might"

The hardest part about dying to self is dying to the self effort we always exert in attempting to die to self! LOL.

How does a man crucify himself? It is impossible. Oh, we start out fine, nailing our feet, Then we get our first hand taken care of. Our other hand holds the hammer and the spike, and we then get this confused look on our face. We cannot do it, yet how hard it is for us to admit it, or stop trying. When we finally het frustrated enough, we quit, which is good. Byt then we make a mistake. Instead of looking for Jesus to lift us up to fulfil the standard of holiness into the Lord, we lower the standard and say "Well, of course I can't. I am, after all, only human, No one is perfect, right"? So we alter the promises of God, downgrade them, gut them, spiritualize them to not actually mean what they plainly tell us.

"Free indeed? Well, it does not actually mean we are freed from committing sin as Jesus says, it means we are forgiven, and our sentence is commuted, and one day this jail cell door is going to swing open when I die and I will be free, right?"

And all the while, our cell door sits wide open and Jesus marvels at our unbelief.

Like the children of Israel in the wilderness, we wander around, always moving, never making true progress, always trying something new. We try abstinence from sin. We try scripture memorization, We try church attendance. We try fasting. We try prayer, or giving up TV. We try everything we know of til we run out of resolutions to do better and fall at the feet of God and cry out to Him "What must I do to work the works of God??" God has an answer, Are we listening?

"Believe on Him who he has sent."

Note what He did not say. He did not say to work harder. He did not even say for us to believe IN Jesus. He told us to believe ON Him, throw ourselves full onto the grace of God, believing that God's grace is that good, that to him that worketh not, but believe on Him who justifieth the ungodly, to him it shall be counted for righteousness.

Want to hear something neat? That word "count"? It is the same word as "reckon", exactly what God told us to do in Romans 6. God asks us to add it to our inventory by faith alone, not by works lest any man should boast. It is all HIM. Beginning with forgiveness, ending with purified natures, He does it all. We are asked only two things, both things of abject weakness.

1) Yield ourselves fully to the potter's skilled hands.,

2) Believe that once the potter has full access to the lump of clay we call ourselves, He can fashion us into something that will amaze us.

Brokenness, hunger, frustration with ourselves..... these themselves are gifts from God, though at the time we are there, it feels not like gifts at all, but a curse. Our fallow ground is being plowed though, by a faithful husbandman, and you can know one thing. Good seed will follow the plowing, and it WILL grow, and it WILL produce fruit and lots of it.

Stay the course, fix your eyes on Jesus, not your failures. He is already aware that we cannot do it, and He loves us anyway. The hard part for us is that WE do not know we cannot do it yet. When we finally learn that most valuable of lessons, faith is ready to sprout and what seems to us to be this little speck of a seed is fixing to grow into a tree so large that birds will come and lodge in our branches, others will rest in the shade we provide.

Blessings,

Gideon

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear gideons300. In Matthew 22, verses 35-40, Jesus gave us the two Commandments on which hang all the Law and the Prophets: 1) Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds. 2) Love our neighbour as ourselves. If it would be impossible to achieve that, Jesus would NOT have told us to.
We know that Jesus will give us His Love and Joy, and the Holy Spirit will empower us with His Love, also. Jesus told us: " Ask and ye will receive,"
( Matthew 7, verse 7-8) then we thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour: perhaps not easy to start, but it can be done IF we try sincerely.
Would you agree that those two Commandments, plus the promised Love and Joy which Jesus so lovingly offers, would help us to become the Christians which God wants us to be? or is there more? I ask this humbly and with love, Gideon. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. P.S. We have much time to get more and more loving and caring, and God wants loving children/sons and daughters. The Love God wants from us is selfless and no conditions tagged on.

Reactions: IisJustMe
Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Dear gideons300. In Matthew 22, verses 35-40, Jesus gave us the two Commandments on which hang all the Law and the Prophets: 1) Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds. 2) Love our neighbour as ourselves. If it would be impossible to achieve that, Jesus would NOT have told us to.
We know that Jesus will give us His Love and Joy, and the Holy Spirit will empower us with His Love, also. Jesus told us: " Ask and ye will receive,"
( Matthew 7, verse 7-8) then we thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour: perhaps not easy to start, but it can be done IF we try sincerely.
Would you agree that those two Commandments, plus the promised Love and Joy which Jesus so lovingly offers, would help us to become the Christians which God wants us to be? or is there more? I ask this humbly and with love, Gideon. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. P.S. We have much time to get more and more loving and caring, and God wants loving children/sons and daughters. The Love God wants from us is selfless and no conditions tagged on.
My dear sister, is there more? Think for a minute. Think about Peter and the other disciples. They walked with Jesus for three years, and heard every sermon, every parable that camoe out of Gis mouth. They got to personally see a few fishes and loaves of bread feed 5,000 souls. They were eye witnesses to lazarus rising from the dead. They heard Jesus speak the words you quoted. Right?

And after it was all said and done, who did Pater fare in even loving Christ? Was it not Peter who tried to save his own neck three times when he denied he even knew Jesus the day of His death?

The same Jesus who told Peter about love, also told him something we all need to be told.

"Without me, you can do NOTHING."

Jesus, after being raised from the dead, told His disciples to do nothing, go nowhere, until they were filled with the Holy Spirit, for this was the only way that commandment to love could possibly be fulfilled. We had to be dead. Christ had to live in us as the new man.

Look around you Emmy. Look at the church of Jesus. Do you see 25% loving as Christ loved? 10%? 1%? We can all day long exhort people to love, thinking that if we simply choose to do so, we can. But we are wrong. In our own strength, the best we can nuster up is Romans 7, where the things we want to do, we do not, and the things we want to avoid, we end up doing.

Without Him, we can do nothing and we, His body, are proving that every single day to a world desperate to see a bride without spot or blemish.

It was sais in Acts that they in the world would say "Behold how they love one another!" It was said that these plain simple men, 120 of them, filled with the Holy Spirit, turned the entire world upside down in one single generation. How was this possible? Jesus was inside them, living through them, loving through them.

These did not still walk in the flesh, trying to "be good Christians", trying to die to self in a life consuming trial that never saw an end. They were DEAD. Sin's grip no longer had them. They were no longer walking in the flesh, in their "old man" for they had done what Paul tells US to do, to reckon ourselves as dead and to put on the new nature that CAN love as He loved, with all our hearts, all our minds, all our souls and all our strength.

We are content to just try. We are failing. Until we stop and acknowledge that, that we CANNOT love as He desires of us until we are ONE with Him, until it is no longer us that live, but Christ who lives in us, we will be a nice religious organization that the world will, by and large pay no attention to.

But let us break before our God and seek for the secret to abiding in Him first, and the world will step back in amazement at what God does through us.

Blessings to you as always, my dear Emmy

Gideon

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear gideons300. You are right in all you say and advise, BUT we are living in an imperfect world, and Jesus knows that, has`nt He lived amongst us for
ca. 30 years? there are too many temptations. But we know that God made us in His image, and we know how to love as God wans us to Love, but you are right, the Spirit is willing, yet the flesh is weak.
The followers in Acts were filled with great Love and Charity, they were expecting great awakenings and wonderful changes, and we did have some outstanding Revivals. That is all we can do, Gideon, to learn to love and care for our neighbour, keep praying for Love and Joy from Jesus and claiming the power which the Holy Spirit has for us: IF WE ASK in prayer. Show our Heavenly Father that we are sincere, and ready to Love God with all our beings, and love our neighbour: (all we know and all we meet) as we love ourselves.
I believe that Love is our great weapon, and Love has the power to change ALL FOR THE BETTER, why did Jesus tell us that on those two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets? Let us encourage and help an unbelieving world to see and realise, what Love/Agape can do.
Ask and receive, then follow Jesus our Saviour on His great journey.
Love and obey, there is no better way. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. Or can you think of a better way, Gideon? P.S. Everything we say or do, or advise or stand for, should be done from Love for God and for our neighbour. It will not happen over night, but it will happen if we sincerely TRY.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Dear gideons300. You are right in all you say and advise, BUT we are living in an imperfect world, and Jesus knows that, has`nt He lived amongst us for
ca. 30 years? there are too many temptations. But we know that God made us in His image, and we know how to love as God wans us to Love, but you are right, the Spirit is willing, yet the flesh is weak.
The followers in Acts were filled with great Love and Charity, they were expecting great awakenings and wonderful changes, and we did have some outstanding Revivals. That is all we can do, Gideon, to learn to love and care for our neighbour, keep praying for Love and Joy from Jesus and claiming the power which the Holy Spirit has for us: IF WE ASK in prayer. Show our Heavenly Father that we are sincere, and ready to Love God with all our beings, and love our neighbour: (all we know and all we meet) as we love ourselves.
I believe that Love is our great weapon, and Love has the power to change ALL FOR THE BETTER, why did Jesus tell us that on those two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets? Let us encourage and help an unbelieving world to see and realise, what Love/Agape can do.
Ask and receive, then follow Jesus our Saviour on His great journey.
Love and obey, there is no better way. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. Or can you think of a better way, Gideon? P.S. Everything we say or do, or advise or stand for, should be done from Love for God and for our neighbour. It will not happen over night, but it will happen if we sincerely TRY.
Dear sister, Paul said that after his death, grievous wolves would come in, not sparing the flock. The purity and power of the early church would be lost and we would fall back upon our natural thinking and the weight of the gospel would fall back onto OUR shoulders and it is simply too much for us to bear.

Here is the truth. We may know how to love, we may see it displayed in the life and sacrifice of our Lord, but we can try our best to imitate it, but we will not succeed in loving as God desires, no matter how hard we try, until we get free of our flesh.

Look around at the condition of the church who has been told to love as He loved. We have now over 500 denominations who cannot get along, and in each of those 500 denominations, there are schisms and splits, and in each church in each denomination, there is gossip and power struggles and disagreements as to what color the carpet should be. In each family in each of these churches, there is divorce, or cold breakdowns in communications and familes know little of loving one another, and children are swallowed up by the temptations the world offers. And in each heart of that familiy unit, love, agape love, is rarely found for there lies the culprit to it all- the flesh and it has not been dealt with.

You said it best:

"There are too many temptations. We know how to love as God wants us to Love, but you are right, the Spirit is willing, yet the flesh is weak."

When will we see? If we cannot get victory over our own flesh, we can try to imitate agape love with our best imitation of phileo love and it will wilt in no time.

Our flesh must somehow be dealt with if this pattern that has invaded our entire body of believers is ever to be changed. We must fall on our faces for the way to get it out of the way so that we may love as He wants, for if we are still found walking in the flesh, we CANNOT please God. We may indeed want to, we may try with great resolve, but it will not profit. Chrsit must love through us and for that to happen, our old man must die.

Paul told us. "Nothing profits but a new creature"

Until we see this and cry out for the faith to believe that we are dead, that we are no longer in the flesh, but in the spirit and that we owe the flesh NOTHING, we can write great swelling words about love. We will sadly just not be able to do it.

Jesus said that they that sow in tears shall reap in joy. It is time we started sowing for the blessing He has for us is far greater than we can even imagine.

Blessings, dear sweet Emmy

Gideon

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear gideon300. Forgive me for still enquiring. If it was as hard, and nearly impossible to Love as God wants us to Love, would Jesus have given us the Commandment? I believe it is possible, and for some of us it could take longer than others, but if we really try and use our Lord`s Love and Joy to always fall back on. Jesus promised us: " ask and ye shall receive," and then we are able to love and care. There are many men and women who are loving as God wants us to love, although it may not be perfect. But we have years to get better at loving and caring for our neighbour.
In Matthew 5, verse 48, Jesus tells us to become perfect, as our Father in Heaven is. Would Jesus encourage us if it was impossible? Most of us might never reach that goal, yet Jesus asked it of us. I say this humbly and with love, Gideon. It seems to me to be possible, if we try and ask for help and guidance. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Dear gideon300. Forgive me for still enquiring. If it was as hard, and nearly impossible to Love as God wants us to Love, would Jesus have given us the Commandment? I believe it is possible, and for some of us it could take longer than others, but if we really try and use our Lord`s Love and Joy to always fall back on. Jesus promised us: " ask and ye shall receive," and then we are able to love and care. There are many men and women who are loving as God wants us to love, although it may not be perfect. But we have years to get better at loving and caring for our neighbour.
In Matthew 5, verse 48, Jesus tells us to become perfect, as our Father in Heaven is. Would Jesus encourage us if it was impossible? Most of us might never reach that goal, yet Jesus asked it of us. I say this humbly and with love, Gideon. It seems to me to be possible, if we try and ask for help and guidance. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

My dear friend, Jesus told us that he who tries to save his life will lose it. He who loses His life for my sake, the same will find it unto eternal life. Jesus told us to love not the world, neither the things that are in the world, amen? The question is, how are we doing? Perhaps your church is a rare one, and if it is, I praise God, but for most, these are as hard to accomplish as loving God with ALL our hearts. Not the majority of it. All of it. It is simply impossible, and yet Jesus commanded us anyway.

Does God asks of us things that we cannot do? Oh, yes, for there is a lesson hidden in our trying. Think of the law. Did God not command the Jews to obey and that if they did not, the penalty was death? Yet, did He not know we could not obey? Not with pure hearts as He desired. The pharisees were the ones who most closely tried to obey the law, and was God pleased with them? No, and why? They had missed the lesson. And what was the law to teach us? It was to lead us to our need for Christ, and for the new nature He offers us.

I cannot make you see, dear sister, and I fully accept your belief that you can do it, and I am sure you are doing it far better than I was able to. But there are millions, I have no doubt, who are totally wearied in "trying to be good Christians" and to tell them they must now love as Christ loves is not good news to them, but just another requirement that they can not find the power to do.

There is a lesson that God is trying to teach us, and we are not listening. Until we put on the new nature by faith and believe we are set free from a nature where self is still ruling the roost, we will fail in any attempts to love as we are asked.

You say we do it imperfectly but we have years to keep trying. Your belief is that we will finally get better and better, and the flesh will eventually be replaced by the spirit.

Yet look at the church. Infused with power on the day of Pentecost, they turned the entire world upside down in one generation. It did not take years for this change. It took the spirit of God moving in mens hearts. Once the grievous wolves crept in and satan subtley got the weight of obedience back on our shoulders, how has the church of Christ fared since then? 1900 years to show what we can do in loving as He loved. All we have accomplished is succeeding in creating a nice religion. What we have failed in is showing the world the love of God.

In a man's life, if this progressive practice-makes-perfect approach is true, then we would see saints who have walked as Christians for decades far more holy than the rest. Is this what we see? Time and practice is not what it takes to be changed. The spirit of God must be unloosed in us to set us free and He will do so only when we finally break before Him, in truth admit we do NOT love as He loves us, and do NOT, no....CANNOT love others as we love ourselves and cry out to Him to help us find the secret to abiding in Him. When we do, all will change. Until we do, all will remain as it is right now.

You say we have years. How I wish that were the case. But the skies on the horizon are darkening and the clouds gathering in ferocity. The end is coming and we are ill prepared for what we will face. Perhaps tribulation is the tool God will use to get our attention. I pray we honor our Lord and seek Him and believe His promises without having to be chastened into it.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The hard part for us is that WE do not know we cannot do it yet.
We know for a fact "we" can't. This gives away your confusion, had you not noticed. You claim to be able to direct the power of God to walk in absolute obedience, yet you also claim with this tiny sentenece the view "we" do so, by stating that "we do not know we cannot do it yet." This is my complaint with your constant return to this subject, my brother.

Again, we know for a fact we cannot do it. If we could, Jesus would not have died on the cross for our sins. Jesus would not offer justification from our sins, sanctification to be conformed to His image, and redemption at the end of this life as promised by our seal in the Holy Spirit without consideration of performance or obedience. It is promised knowing full well we will do neither to His standard. If that were not so, Paul would have never written this in regards to others trying to dictate to us what constitutes righteousness, obedience and proper practice in the presence of others.
Romans 14 NASB
16 Therefore do not let what is for you a good thing be spoken of as evil;
17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
18 For he who in this way serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men.
19 So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another.

Notice Jesus' description of the Kingdom. It is not made of rules and successful following thereof. It is righteousness (imputed to us through faith in His sacrifice), peace (no fear of alienation even when we stumble) and joy in the Holy Spirit (experienced when we realize that He will guide us, teach us, establish us in completeness). None of this has a thing to do with sinlessness. It has everything to do with living a life dedicated to Christ through the two Great Commandments: Love God, love one another.

Find this righteousness, peace and joy in Christ, Gideon and stop trying to get it on your own, which is what you are doing, realized or not.

Upvote 0

SoulBap6

Sep 12, 2011
✟8,358.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Two simple steps to becoming the Christian you want to be....

As I was bringing the sermon this morning, Isaiah 53 The suffering servant. I told my Congregation that its not my way, but God working though me to bring his message. When we get self out of the way then the lord can work. when we get to the end of the Internet thats when God can start. Lust of the flesh, Lust of the Eyes and the pride of life. Oh how we sin, 1st John Chapter two, talking to Christians try as we might, we were born into sin and only though the blood of Jesus can one be forgiven.

I can only recall the day that I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ, I was so close to my saviour that day, Tears of Joy ran down my cheeks and the heaviness upon my heart was removed, and I felt I could fly, I wanted to shout from the top of the Church I wanted to tell the world about my Jesus, it was personal but I wanted to share that Joy, My sins had been forgiven and the Bonds were removed. I don't think that there are just two steps, but I will say this when the bondage of this flesh is gone, we can say we are truly free at last.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear gideons300. Thank you for your kind replies, may I say this once more, I shall let it rest then. You sincerely believe as you do, and I say the same about me. Your title is: " two simple steps to becoming the Christian you want to be," and I would change it to: " two simple steps to becoming the Christian which Christ wants me to be." Those two Commandments in Matthew: 1) Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds. 2) Love our neighbour as ourselves," I do believe they tell me that it is possible to become. Jesus is no Dreamer, and Jesus would never have told us to " Love God with all our beings, and love our neighbour as ourselves," IF IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE. Jesus even stated this great truth: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
Even the Bible keeps repeating: " Repent," and become " Born Again."
God is Love, and God wants loving children/sons and daughters. We are on Earth to learn to Overcome and to Change from being selfish and unloving, to become " Loving as our Father in Heaven is." Jesus will help and guide us, and the Holy Spirit will empower us to try and become as Loving as each one of us is capable. We must ASK AND RECEIVE GRATEFULLY, and we have much time to become gradually, and surly nearer and nearer to the sons and daughters, which God wants to be with eternally. I say this with love Gideon. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
G

gideons300

We know for a fact "we" can't. This gives away your confusion, had you not noticed. You claim to be able to direct the power of God to walk in absolute obedience, yet you also claim with this tiny sentenece the view "we" do so, by stating that "we do not know we cannot do it yet." This is my complaint with your constant return to this subject, my brother.

Again, we know for a fact we cannot do it. If we could, Jesus would not have died on the cross for our sins. Jesus would not offer justification from our sins, sanctification to be conformed to His image, and redemption at the end of this life as promised by our seal in the Holy Spirit without consideration of performance or obedience. It is promised knowing full well we will do neither to His standard. If that were not so, Paul would have never written this in regards to others trying to dictate to us what constitutes righteousness, obedience and proper practice in the presence of others.
Romans 14 NASB
16 Therefore do not let what is for you a good thing be spoken of as evil;
17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
18 For he who in this way serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men.
19 So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another.
Notice Jesus' description of the Kingdom. It is not made of rules and successful following thereof. It is righteousness (imputed to us through faith in His sacrifice), peace (no fear of alienation even when we stumble) and joy in the Holy Spirit (experienced when we realize that He will guide us, teach us, establish us in completeness). None of this has a thing to do with sinlessness. It has everything to do with living a life dedicated to Christ through the two Great Commandments: Love God, love one another.

Find this righteousness, peace and joy in Christ, Gideon and stop trying to get it on your own, which is what you are doing, realized or not.

What you describe is a salvation that discounts what God can do IN us. But Jesus told us that with Him, nothing is impossible. He told us that He would keep us from falling, that our shield of faith would quench all the fiery arrows of satan, that He would not allow us to be tempted above that which we are able to stand, that through Him we would bring every thought, not just our actions, but EVERY THOUGHT into submission to the obedience of Christ. This does not sound like defeat to me. How about you?

What do you do with these verse, other than ignore them? They are in our Bibles whether we like them or not or whether we even agree with them.

If, as you say, we cannot get set free from the sins that continue to put Jesus on the cross, then we should be on our faces, crying for deliverance like the man in Romans 7. We should be broken men, wretched men, not men sitting back arguing for continuing in sin that grace may abound, waving off any conviction of the Holy Spirit as hogwash and heresy.

We want to make Paul the poster boy for our remaining "just sinners saved by grace", but Paul himself said he kept his body under. Do we? CAN we? If we cannot resist temptation through the Holy Spirit, if our shield of faith cannot quench all the fiery arrows our enemy hurls at us, then we cannot believe anything written and have taken being a wretched man to a brand new level. May God open our eyes and help us to see.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Dear gideons300. Thank you for your kind replies, may I say this once more, I shall let it rest then. You sincerely believe as you do, and I say the same about me. Your title is: " two simple steps to becoming the Christian you want to be," and I would change it to: " two simple steps to becoming the Christian which Christ wants me to be." Those two Commandments in Matthew: 1) Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds. 2) Love our neighbour as ourselves," I do believe they tell me that it is possible to become. Jesus is no Dreamer, and Jesus would never have told us to " Love God with all our beings, and love our neighbour as ourselves," IF IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE. Jesus even stated this great truth: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
Even the Bible keeps repeating: " Repent," and become " Born Again."
God is Love, and God wants loving children/sons and daughters. We are on Earth to learn to Overcome and to Change from being selfish and unloving, to become " Loving as our Father in Heaven is." Jesus will help and guide us, and the Holy Spirit will empower us to try and become as Loving as each one of us is capable. We must ASK AND RECEIVE GRATEFULLY, and we have much time to become gradually, and surly nearer and nearer to the sons and daughters, which God wants to be with eternally. I say this with love Gideon. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.
My dear Emmy, though we may disagree, it is so pleasant to talk with you and to disagree so agreeably. In Heaven, I am sure we will have plenty of time to talk over old times and at that point, none of this will matter. I do long for the day our saviour comes back.

Many blessings, dear sister

your friend

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have nothing to add, but wanted to say that this was a beautiful conversation to read.

Gideon And Emmy, I feel honestly that you are on two sides of an agreement actually, and they both were so well reasoned out and spoken with so much love that I was moved.

Thank you both for engaging in sincere, loving discussion about our Lord, it is beautiful.

Upvote 0