Two ministries...decision needing to be made...

• Thread starter ForHisGlory2008
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForHisGlory2008

If you had the choice of either of these situations, which would you choose?

1/ Ministry in home church working with people in their day to day struggles. Challenging but not hugely. While part of a team the team doesn't connect much and it can be a bit isolating. However the job has flexibility, which is good for the family, and the church is best for the children in the family. two-thirds of the hours of the other job which also has it's advantages. I'm in leadership in this church.

2/ Ministry in a community outreach with a different church. Definitely challenging work due to the nature of the problems dealt with among people. Possibly more room for growth but you never know what can happen at home church in future. Fixed hours, so less flexibility. Much less able to contribute to home church if I do this one as I will need to attend their services every now and then. Team is great and interactive.

If you needed to make a choice, which do you think you would go for? I feel more capable with the first job but maybe it's not bad to get out of my comfort zone and stretch myself in ministry. Thoughts?

Leechness

Sep 25, 2007
Hong Kong
Visit site
✟15,272.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i can relate to the predicament youre faced with. and it was a struggle, though i didnt have anyone chasing me for an answer so the indecisiveness was within. looking back when it was when i stopped thinking too much about the choice, and making daily decisions do i find myself helping outside of church organised programmes. Search after God's heart anf trust He will direct you accordingly. i will pray for wisdom and assurance.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.