Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Big hugs to you. :hug:

I know it seems hard sometimes but try to stay encouraged. :hug:

Speak the good things over your husband whenever you can and give thanks to God for all the things he does well. Do this daily to cancel out the negative things that the enemy is placing before you in order to make you unhappy. You wrote that he is a hard worker, and family oriented. When you can, tell him that with a hug, a card, a crazy funky song and dance for him. :) Emotionally build him up at every opportunity to boost his confidence and also to remind yourself about why he was worth your hand in marriage.

Lift up your husband by praising him and encourage him as a fellow brother in Christ. At this early stage, when you yourself need spiritual encouragement seek out other sisters in Christ and your church until your husband grows (imagine he is a rose bush that needs feeding and watering).

...Then in your quiet time cover your husband in prayer, when you're with the Lord thank Jesus that you have a good husband and ask the Lord to continue the good work already in your husband to change him into the man the Lord has destined Him to be.

You guys are still early into your marriage and this does take time but it will be worth it sis.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟39,141.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think the church has really dropped the ball on this spiritual leader thing. Moses was a leader but he wasn't a good speaker, he had his older brother do the speaking for him. However Moses was still a leader just a leader where speaking wasn't his strong point. Just because your husband doesn't read scriptures with you nor pray with you doesn't mean that he isn't leading you or that he is spiritually lazy. It may mean that he isn't comfortable or doesn't like to share his relationship with Christ with you because it is private. I can see how someone that doesn't want to share that or isn't in the place where he shares that can feel like he's being controlled and pressured to open up in an area where he doesn't feel comfortable.

Upvote 0

ALEA40

Nov 22, 2013
NC
✟15,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want a husband who will pray with me and read Scriptures with me and actively grow together toward Christ and try to further His kingdom.

I doesn't sound like you are truly unequally yoked (one person is a Christian and one is not). Praying together is deeply personal and many people are not ready to share in that way. Our pastor's wife recently revealed in my LG how incredibly awkward is was for them to begin to pray together. It took time and many awkward moments.

Also, people connect to God and worship in different ways. I feel most connected to God through music and nature. Maybe your husband connects in a way that is different from you. The book, Sacred Pathways: Discover Your Soul's Path to God, by Gary Thomas, talks a lot about this.

I think that it is wonderful that your husband goes to a LG with you. I can't get my husband to get involved at all. But then again, he is not a Christian yet, and doesn't feel the pull of needing to spend time with other Christians:(

Sending you blessings and prayers:prayer:

Upvote 0