Veteran
Sep 27, 2005
✟10,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070214-8849.html

"The latest attempt at lawmaking comes courtesy of Republican senator and presidential candidate Sam Brownback of Kansas, who has reintroduced the Truth in Video Game Ratings Act for Congressional consideration."

What I find most interesting about this is video game ratings were once the cause of liberal Democrats (who were accused of being nanny's at the time) but now Brownback (among others) supports it and liberals like Michael Moore think it's a waste of time.

Finally, an issue that's moved past the politics.

theeyesoftammyfaye

no parking baby - no parking on the dance floor
Nov 18, 2003
Austin, TX
Visit site
✟18,673.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
i really really really hope sam brownback gets the nod for republican candidate for president. the american people need to see nuts like him to get a true picture of who is in the republican party.

Upvote 0

Sleeker

DON'T PANIC
Jun 21, 2006
Illinois
✟16,905.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i really really really hope sam brownback gets the nod for republican candidate for president. the american people need to see nuts like him to get a true picture of who is in the republican party.
Yeah, because the thing to do to show a representation of a large group of people is to get the crazier ones to go into public and act as if all of them are like that...

:sigh:

Upvote 0

momalle1

Veteran
Sep 27, 2005
✟10,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, because the thing to do to show a representation of a large group of people is to get the crazier ones to go into public and act as if all of them are like that...

:sigh:
Works for people demonizing liberals, may as well work the other way around.

Upvote 0

momalle1

Veteran
Sep 27, 2005
✟10,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And both are wrong.

Just because you think others do it doesn't make it right for you to do it yourself.
True, though I'm not so sure they are intentional, there seems to be some human nature in associating the extremes with a group. I'm not so sure Brownback isn't really representative of a large portion of evangelists either, he's just more out in the open.

Upvote 0