Trump on waterboarding.

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You shifted the goal posts. I was talking about waterboarding. You started talking about torture.

Unless you consider them to be the same thing...
I actually think you believe your style of debate is clever.
Play on.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think he is getting scared that people actually will vote him into office.
Well, if he did not have at least SOME desire to be in office why would he still be in the running?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, if he did not have at least SOME desire to be in office why would he still be in the running?
Because Trump is unbelievably egotistical and completely full of himself and is loving the attention he's getting. He has managed to completely make himself the center of attention this election.

Even if he doesn't win, this had already paid out tremendously well for him. I guarantee he'll come out with a book to milk this even more in a couple years.

The guy's a business man and he's selling himself. The scary part is a lot of people seem to be buying it.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because Trump is unbelievably egotistical and completely full of himself and is loving the attention he's getting. He has managed to completely make himself the center of attention this election.

Even if he doesn't win, this had already paid out tremendously well for him. I guarantee he'll come out with a book to milk this even more in a couple years.

The guy's a business man and he's selling himself. The scary part is a lot of people seem to be buying it.
But if he had NO intent to be in office; I would think he would have dropped out several weeks or months ago. We are down to under a year before election day.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[
For even thinking Trump would make a good President America deserves everything it gets.

Unless Americans learn to step on ignorance they will remain a 2nd and eventually become a 3rd world country.
America is going backwards and religion is dragging it down, both ways are the wrong way for any country to be going.

Religion has nothing to do with it and it is illogical to say a country that is less religious than it was before is declining because of religion unless you want to make the case that the decline in religion has led to decline in the country.
What has been on the increase as the country has declined is the power of the federal government and the influence of the statists. So if one is looking for a cause of decline i would start looking there first.

Upvote 0

Fortran

Oct 10, 2013
Rural Missouri, United States
✟12,374.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not consider myself a political person, but, and I hate to sound like a jerk, I truly do not understand how Mr. Trump enjoys such wide support, especially among Christians. Now, I am not saying the folks who do not profess the Christian faith are necessarily less morale (even according to Christian ethics), than those of the faith, but at least they make no claims about adhering to a religion whose greatest commandments center around love. Yes, our God is a consuming fire and one of judgment, but this does not mean His people are entitled to do whatever they think is necessary to right a wrong.

How should we combat ISIS? I cannot claim to know. Obviously something has to be done given the atrocities committed by the group, but this "something" should not involve compromising ethical standards.

I do worry about how other nations would begin to view us if Trump were elected. Thankfully, we are blessed to living in a country where the political structure is such that a single individual cannot "wreck" the country. Still, I feel the elected head stands as a symbol of her people, her values. I certainly am not saying Trump is "evil" or unintelligent, and I do not want to judge the man as an individual, but I personally do not favor the idea of him acting as a representative of our country.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not consider myself a political person, but, and I hate to sound like a jerk, I truly do not understand how Mr. Trump enjoys such wide support, especially among Christians. Now, I am not saying the folks who do not profess the Christian faith are necessarily less morale (even according to Christian ethics), than those of the faith, but at least they make no claims about adhering to a religion whose greatest commandments center around love. Yes, our God is a consuming fire and one of judgment, but this does not mean His people are entitled to do whatever they think is necessary to right a wrong.

How should we combat ISIS? I cannot claim to know. Obviously something has to be done given the atrocities committed by the group, but this "something" should not involve compromising ethical standards.

I do worry about how other nations would begin to view us if Trump were elected. Thankfully, we are blessed to living in a country where the political structure is such that a single individual cannot "wreck" the country. Still, I feel the elected head stands as a symbol of her people, her values. I certainly am not saying Trump is "evil" or unintelligent, and I do not want to judge the man as an individual, but I personally do not favor the idea of him acting as a representative of our country.

You are correct that a single individual will not wreck the country . The leaders are only a reflection of the will of the populace( I mean populace and not electorate). That in itself should be the greatest reason for concern. I would suggest that when the populace has become so self indulgent and apathetic that it does not oppose incompetence, corruption and mediocrity in abundance as long as they retain their bread and circuses, there is no reason not to assume that the country will decline precipitously. IMO, when envy and fear are the main motivating forces used by politicians as a means to garner votes, it shows more than expediency among politicians. It is evidence of a lack of character among the populace or, at least, a perceived lack of character that is subsequently reinforced by election results..

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

You've hit upon an important truth -- there is no simple solution.

Trump hits upon what the frightened masses want to hear -- there is a simple Solution, and he has it...

Sadly, only one of these gets votes.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
But if he had NO intent to be in office; I would think he would have dropped out several weeks or months ago. We are down to under a year before election day.
Well, that would destroy his narrative if he would drop out now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stellar Vision

Mar 17, 2004
Raleigh, NC
✟138,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do not consider myself a political person, but, and I hate to sound like a jerk, I truly do not understand how Mr. Trump enjoys such wide support, especially among Christians.
It's like Beelzebub said in Tenacious D, "Satan's not in some guitar pick, he's in the hearts of each and every one of us. He's that little voice in your mind that says 'screw you' to the people you hate."

Reactions: Vylo
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I do not consider myself a political person, but, and I hate to sound like a jerk, I truly do not understand how Mr. Trump enjoys such wide support, especially among Christians.

It's sadly simple:

Gather together a bunch of frightened, frustrated people, tell them that their problems are not their fault, point to a group of easily identified pariahs and keep swearing that they're the problem, and promise a quick and easy Solution to deal with them once and for all.

It's worked before; I hope I don't live to see it work again...

Upvote 0