London, UK
✟827,217.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it is true what you said then this is really sad that Christian right have blind eye on all of Putin's behavior, as long as he replace communist party with church or President Trump’s own personal behavior as long as he appoint a conservative supreme court justice.

Christ had something to say about that.

Matthew 16:26 "What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"

Only someone with no idea how evil and corrupting Communism was could mourn the revival of Russian Orthodoxy as its replacement.

Trumps personal history is a small price to pay for saving the lives of millions of unborn children.

How support for Putin or Trump equates to selling ones soul seems to be a nonsense statement against the background of their actual public policy. It was getting to the point under Obama where the mere mention of God was sexist, racist, homophobic etc.... Trump is a breath of fresh air after that

Reactions: Douger
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Only someone with no idea how evil and corrupting Communism was could mourn the revival of Russian Orthodoxy as its replacement.

Trumps personal history is a small price to pay for saving the lives of millions of unborn children.

How support for Putin or Trump equates to selling ones soul seems to be a nonsense statement against the background of their actual public policy. It was getting to the point under Obama where the mere mention of God was sexist, racist, homophobic etc.... Trump is a breath of fresh air after that

I do know the evil of communism, my wife is from eastern Europe who lived under Soviet Union. It seems like you don’t know the horror of Soviet Union, if you did then you wouldn’t be supporting a KGB leader who wants to take piece by piece of your continent.

I know you are other side of the pond and reading some conservatives media about how horrible Obama’s presidency was for Christians. But I do live in US, Obama’s presidency was not some distance past which I read in history books. So let’s not fabricate something which didn’t exist. No one, No one was persecuted for their faith, as a matter of fact under President Obama evangelical were embolden and grew to the point that they left the biblical principal and became another interest group, who are ok with sexual immorality , Pathological lying , racist and bigotry and for what- Power!

I don’t have to write or explain what price it is to pay for saving unborn children. Mathew 16:26 speaks for itself.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟232,189.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟827,217.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do know the evil of communism, my wife is from eastern Europe who lived under Soviet Union. It seems like you don’t know the horror of Soviet Union, if you did then you wouldn’t be supporting a KGB leader who wants to take piece by piece of your continent.

A great many Eastern Europeans have yet to admit to themselves the extent with which they cooperated with the oppression of the evil empire. But I agree that a return to that in the name of a Christianised Russian nationalism is not what Eastern Europe wants. But my point was that the replacement of Communism with Russian Orthodoxy was a good thing for Russia. Putins philosophy essentially boils down to Russia first - his KGB past makes him quite ruthless in that objective while publically denying he would stoop to such tactics as poisonings and hacking.

I know you are other side of the pond and reading some conservatives media about how horrible Obama’s presidency was for Christians. But I do live in US, Obama’s presidency was not some distance past which I read in history books. So let’s not fabricate something which didn’t exist. No one, No one was persecuted for their faith, as a matter of fact under President Obama evangelical were embolden and grew to the point that they left the biblical principal and became another interest group, who are ok with sexual immorality , Pathological lying , racist and bigotry and for what- Power!

Yes i am not American but if you are trying to imply bias by location you are wrong as the press and culture here was very positive about Obama and often for the wrong reasons e.g his promotion of gay marriage and love of Muslims. Also I am firmly opposed to current American policy on immigration which boils down to selfishness and a lack of compassion and is incoherent in application.

I don’t have to write or explain what price it is to pay for saving unborn children. Mathew 16:26 speaks for itself.

So it is a good thing that Trump installed supreme justices that might overthrow Roe v Wade?

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
A great many Eastern Europeans have yet to admit to themselves the extent with which they cooperated with the oppression of the evil empire. But I agree that a return to that in the name of a Christianised Russian nationalism is not what Eastern Europe wants. But my point was that the replacement of Communism with Russian Orthodoxy was a good thing for Russia. Putins philosophy essentially boils down to Russia first - his KGB past makes him quite ruthless in that objective while publically denying he would stoop to such tactics as poisonings and hacking.

Yes i am not American but if you are trying to imply bias by location you are wrong as the press and culture here was very positive about Obama and often for the wrong reasons e.g his promotion of gay marriage and love of Muslims. Also I am firmly opposed to current American policy on immigration which boils down to selfishness and a lack of compassion and is incoherent in application.

So it is a good thing that Trump installed supreme justices that might overthrow Roe v Wade?

By the time President Obama ran for office in 2008, majority Americans support legalizing Gay marriage. President Bush supported “common union” but not marriage. President Obama was not promoting something which was against the Americans wish.

I am a born-again Christian who believes homosexuality is abomination, but same time I believe separation of church and state. I am not a legal expert, so I wouldn’t go into argument on constitutional rights, but I find it repugnant that a government can dictate who can marry who based one religious view.

President Obama and Muslim: I know much has been written, discussed and said about this topic. I wouldn’t bring those conspiracy theories just to muddle this discussion. I would say he was not aggressive and hostile to Muslims as many republicans would want him to be. His view of terrorism is that most terrorist claim to be Muslim, but they don’t represent the vast Muslim in the world and he wanted to separate the two. Unfortunately, many republicans don’t see that way.

Six days after 9/11 President Bush went to a masque in DC and assured Muslims in America and around the world that terrorist who attacked America are not Muslims, the terrorist perverted the religion to support their evil deed. President Bush called Muslims “friend”, does that make President Bush lover of Muslim?

Upvote 0