Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

In a Dec. 19 speech in Iowa, for example, Trump pledged, “As soon as I get back in the Oval Office, I’ll also immediately end the war on Christians. I don’t know if you feel it. You have a war. There’s a war.” Speaking just after the Colorado Supreme Court disqualified him from appearing on the state’s GOP primary ballot, Trump tied this “war” to his own legal woes. “Under crooked Joe Biden, Christians and Americans of faith are being persecuted and government has been weaponized against religion like never before. And also presidents like never before,” he added. “I always say Al Capone was treated better than I was treated.”
Trump has promoted the theme of Christian persecution in the past, but is elevating it again as these legal issues mount. His clear purpose is to deflect attention from his own criminal liabilities by insinuating that the same Biden administration he falsely claims is unfairly targeting him for prosecution is similarly persecuting religious Americans.
That Trump supporters believe him to be a "man of faith" is patently ridiculous. If I believed in such a thing as an "anti-christ", Trump would be the poster boy, A number 1 candidate.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"Don’t forget, I do most of this stuff without teleprompters." :)
Which really just means he has a 20 minute speech in the prompter and then inserts 30 minutes of rambling interjections. If you watch one of his speeches its really obvious when he switches back, sometimes mid sentence.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Which really just means he has a 20 minute speech in the prompter and then inserts 30 minutes of rambling interjections. If you watch one of his speeches its really obvious when he switches back, sometimes mid sentence.

Here's a relevant chunk of that speech. I've bolded the parts that are clearly from the prompter, the plain text is off the cuff interjection and the italic might be or is in part (Things get a bit fuzzy at the end of the second block of text and into the third. It seems like he is reading somethings on his prompter and building new sentences with some new material and some included material.) In the first part quoted, it is really clear when he switches back and forth. (The video is linked in that same article with the transcript.)

[9:24]But they’ll know that I’ll catch them and will send them home and the entire world will be safer and more peaceful because everyone will know that the days of Biden surrenders are over. So many mistakes. There’s been nothing good that’s happened, nothing good. What good has happened in the last three years? Our country’s gone to hell. As soon as I get back in the Oval Office, I’ll also immediately end the war on Christians. I don’t know if you feel it. You have a war. There’s a war. Under crooked Joe Biden, Christians and Americans of faith are being persecuted and government has been weaponized against religion like never before. And also presidents like never before. Here I am. I always say Al Capone was treated better than I was treated. Scarface, Al Capone, he was a tough one. Biden and his corrupt department of injustice have sent SWAT teams to arrest pro-life activists. They’ve targeted conservative parents of school board meetings who don’t want filth taught to their children. It’s filth. What they’re teaching in schools is filth and nonsense, and we can’t let that happen, but they’re being targeted.

And now the communist Marxists and fascists are going hard after Catholics. Even plotting to send spies into Catholic churches. It’s all come out just like in the Soviet Union from days gone by. Now, think of it, if you’re Catholic, why would you vote for a Democrat? What they’re doing to Catholics, I don’t know what’s going on with the Catholics, but they’re really being persecuted. Why would you vote for Biden and why would you vote for a Democrat? A new report from the House Judiciary Committee proves that the Biden FBI actually targeted Catholics as potential domestic terrorists. You believe this? And evangelicals will not be far behind because when that starts, it starts happening on a very major scale. When I’m back in the White House, never again will your government be used to target Christians and other religious believers. Upon taking office, I will create a new federal task force on fighting anti-Christian bias to be led by a fully reformed department of justice that’s fair and equitable. Its mission will be to investigate all forms of illegal discrimination, harassment, and persecution against Christians in America. They are going after Christians in America. Who can believe all this stuff? It’s not believable, is it? But it is fact. It’s just like so many of the other things. When I stand up and I say that we will stop and I’ve said it, we will stop men from participating in women’s sports. I mean the whole thing. No, but things that you say that you can’t believe, you’re up here and saying it. We are for parental rights. You have to say that.

No, no, think of it. We are for parental rights. Who believes it? 10 years ago, 15 years ago, who would ever have to say a thing like that? We’re for parental rights. Of course we’re for parental rights, but the Democrats aren’t. They’re fascists. They’re not. They want school boards. They want people to take your children and do things with your children that are not even speakable. Americans of faith are not a threat to our country. Americans of faith are the soul of our country, and they have been from the beginning. I will defend religion and I will defend in God we trust. We will defend, in God we trust, which is… And you know that very important phrase is under siege. You do know that, right? We will defend it 100%. When Joe Biden lit the national Christmas tree earlier this month, he completely failed to even mention the birth of Jesus Christ, which is hard to do if you’re celebrating Christmas, right? He didn’t mention Jesus Christ in his remarks. Not for three years. He hasn’t mentioned that and barely mentioned God.

When I was president, we brought back the beautiful phrase, “Merry Christmas,” and I said I’d do that. I’m very proud of that actually, because as I said at the beginning, it was really under siege, and when I lit the Christmas tree each year, it was my honor to publicly celebrate the true source of Christmas joy, which is Jesus Christ. As president, I kept every promise I made to Christians and more, and I think everybody in this room understands that very well. That’s pretty well documented. In our first four years, we appointed nearly 300 federal judges and three great Supreme Court justices. I stood up for religious liberty at home and all around the world. I protected innocent life and I defended the Judeo-Christian values of our nation’s founding. I proudly recognized Israel’s eternal capital and opened the American Embassy in Jerusalem, which is a big thing.

...And I had to stop for my own sanity..

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, he is entertaining, especially if you like getting riled up.

I believe he will do his level best to bring a new authoritarianism to the States, like we've never seen before.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bogus.
Nothing here about "imposing Christian Ideology."
“Upon taking office, I will create a new federal task force on fighting anti-Christian bias to be led by a fully reformed Department of Justice that’s fair and equitable,” he promised. “Its mission will be to investigate all forms of illegal discrimination, harassment and persecution against Christians in America.”

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Bogus.
Nothing here about "imposing Christian Ideology."
“Upon taking office, I will create a new federal task force on fighting anti-Christian bias to be led by a fully reformed Department of Justice that’s fair and equitable,” he promised. “Its mission will be to investigate all forms of illegal discrimination, harassment and persecution against Christians in America.”
Christians are “the real victims”?

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,273.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here's a relevant chunk of that speech. I've bolded the parts that are clearly from the prompter, the plain text is off the cuff interjection and the italic might be or is in part

...And I had to stop for my own sanity..
Brilliant. When you set it out like that it is patently obvious when he moves from a coherent speech written by someone who can string sentences together to...simply rambling. It just emphasises how bad he is at extemporising.

Well done on taking the time to do that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As soon as I get back in the Oval Office, I’ll also immediately end the war on Christians. I don’t know if you feel it. You have a war. There’s a war. Under crooked Joe Biden, Christians and Americans of faith are being persecuted and government has been weaponized against religion like never before.

Trump continues to exploit an ideology that claims the Christian label but rejects the teachings of Jesus Christ. I have yet to see any Christians in America being persucted for following the Sermon on the Mount.

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian

In a Dec. 19 speech in Iowa, for example, Trump pledged, “As soon as I get back in the Oval Office, I’ll also immediately end the war on Christians. I don’t know if you feel it. You have a war. There’s a war.” Speaking just after the Colorado Supreme Court disqualified him from appearing on the state’s GOP primary ballot, Trump tied this “war” to his own legal woes. “Under crooked Joe Biden, Christians and Americans of faith are being persecuted and government has been weaponized against religion like never before. And also presidents like never before,” he added. “I always say Al Capone was treated better than I was treated.”
Trump has promoted the theme of Christian persecution in the past, but is elevating it again as these legal issues mount. His clear purpose is to deflect attention from his own criminal liabilities by insinuating that the same Biden administration he falsely claims is unfairly targeting him for prosecution is similarly persecuting religious Americans.
That Trump supporters believe him to be a "man of faith" is patently ridiculous. If I believed in such a thing as an "anti-christ", Trump would be the poster boy, A number 1 candidate.
The headline is a lie. Nothing in the article shows Trump imposing Christian ideology. This is just Trump pandering to Christians, which he's been doing for years. The headline seems designed for those percentage of people who only read the headline and to feed into the "Trump will become a dictator if he gets into office" narrative.

Secondly, MSNBC is the FOX News of the left. I find it funny how left wing members here will trash FOX News but then, without a hint of irony, post an MSNBC article.

Factual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

Factual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The headline seems designed for those percentage of people who only read the headline and to feed into the "Trump will become a dictator if he gets into office" narrative.
Considering that he's trying to convince the SCOTUS he should have absolute Presidential immunity for any and all criminal acts, I'd say that narrative is dead on.

Plus he's already admitted he'd be a dictator "on day one." We just have to believe someone guilty of fraud (and other things) that he'd actually stop there.

-- A2SG, even if his actions on January 6th weren't an indication...

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope. Nope. Nope. We just finished War on Christmas season. I have a good chunk of the year of peace ahead of me before I have to deal with the next War on Christmas season and I’d like to enjoy it.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I won't be able to comment on what Trump has said in this regard since it's not something I have yet researched into.

However, there is an issue I'm seeing, as someone who has converted to the Christian faith and that is this:

All the founders of the United States were completely steeped in a "Christian", or a Biblical worldview. Everything about the laws they made, things they thought and things that concerned them came directly out of the mindset of the reformation.

Without understanding certain Biblical premises, you don't understand how many of the phrases they used in the drafting of our laws and constitution were actually intended to be understood.

You don't have to believe the Bible, but a background of knowledge is more than just helpful in understanding the foundational documents.

Therefore, I do think teaching it at some point in a child's education (Maybe High School and college?) is helpful in going forward to an adulthood of understanding our laws.

If you take any foundation of understanding out of a thing, you can twist anything any which way.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0