• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

*trigger* just wanting to introduce myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken_Wings

May 11, 2006
Midwest
✟15,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
HI! you can not believe HOW THANKFUL i am to have found this site! i found it thru a goggle search on 'self injury bible'. thats what i put in the box. i needed some encouragement...strength...peace...comfort...whatever!
well...all the links i had found before this one had me pretty much conviced i was going to hell because of my SI 'addiction/problem'. which...of course made me feel WORSE! i kept looking and found THIS support group! :clap: i knew i wasnt alone as far as the SI goes.(even tho i feel that way sometimes) but to know i wasnt the *only* CHRISTIAN struggling with this gave me some hope! maybe im not 'damned' after all?

i use to burn...but with my last relapse...i started cutting. it had been about a yr or so. when they say its always there...just hidden and buried...and when it 'returns' it always seems to be more and worse than before. they werent kidding! :sigh: they arent just 'scratch looking' marks either. im not really clear how far i should go into this...so lets just call them 'designs'. the sad 'regretful' thing is...is that if i was able to 'think' thru what i wanted them to look like(so they wouldnt be 'just scars')WHY couldnt have i reached out for help?!? obviouisly i wasnt *THINKING*(clearly anyway)AT ALL! it took me 2 weeks to even tell anyone about it/them. sadly...recently i have been 'picking' at them. even tho they have all pretty much healed. my logic..."atleast im not making new ones!" still...the guilt and shame is there. :(

THANK YOU to whoever thought of this!! :thumbsup: i have been to other SI and BP support places....but none like this! i now have a place to go to thats not just 'regular' support. if that makes sense? lol

Thank dear Lord for letting me find this place and these wonderful people! In His name...AMEN!

Many Blessings to ALL!
~michelle =)
ps...sorry if there is 'too much detail'. i tried to be careful of what i said. please let me know if there is anything i need to 'keep out' in the future? thanks=)

Reactions: meh

inHisgripkim

You Are The Salt And Light Of The World
Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Broken_Wings said:
HI! you can not believe HOW THANKFUL i am to have found this site! i found it thru a goggle search on 'self injury bible'. thats what i put in the box. i needed some encouragement...strength...peace...comfort...whatever!
well...all the links i had found before this one had me pretty much conviced i was going to hell because of my SI 'addiction/problem'. which...of course made me feel WORSE! i kept looking and found THIS support group! :clap: i knew i wasnt alone as far as the SI goes.(even tho i feel that way sometimes) but to know i wasnt the *only* CHRISTIAN struggling with this gave me some hope! maybe im not 'damned' after all?

i use to burn...but with my last relapse...i started cutting. it had been about a yr or so. when they say its always there...just hidden and buried...and when it 'returns' it always seems to be more and worse than before. they werent kidding! :sigh: they arent just 'scratch looking' marks either. im not really clear how far i should go into this...so lets just call them 'designs'. the sad 'regretful' thing is...is that if i was able to 'think' thru what i wanted them to look like(so they wouldnt be 'just scars')WHY couldnt have i reached out for help?!? obviouisly i wasnt *THINKING*(clearly anyway)AT ALL! it took me 2 weeks to even tell anyone about it/them. sadly...recently i have been 'picking' at them. even tho they have all pretty much healed. my logic..."atleast im not making new ones!" still...the guilt and shame is there. :(

THANK YOU to whoever thought of this!! :thumbsup: i have been to other SI and BP support places....but none like this! i now have a place to go to thats not just 'regular' support. if that makes sense? lol

Thank dear Lord for letting me find this place and these wonderful people! In His name...AMEN!

Many Blessings to ALL!
~michelle =)
ps...sorry if there is 'too much detail'. i tried to be careful of what i said. please let me know if there is anything i need to 'keep out' in the future? thanks=)

You are an encouragement to those who are fighting SI. The fact that you you came out and told someone is a remarkable accomplishment. The fact that you have the courage to fight and recover is a huge step. We all carry with us a certain degree of guilt and shame and, really, we shouldn't. I kind think the guilt and shame is our mind playing tricks on us. I don't think the Lord would want us to feel shame at all. He understands and has the utmost love and compassion for us. Paul wrote about his "thorn in his side."

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (KJV- 2 Corinthians 12:9)

Jesus wants us to surrender that guilt and shame to Him and to Cling to Him for love, understanding, compassion, and strength. His grace is indeed sufficient for us.

Although I have relapsed several days ago, I have bounced back up rather quickly because my weakness pulled me closer to Him. In so doing, my strength and spirit was renewed. Praise Him all day long.

Keep on moving forward in Christ. We hope and pray that your healing continues in Christ and we hope and pray to hear of your continued progress. We are all sailing on this same boat and we are on the same journey to recovery. It is such a blessing to share the journey with brothers and sisters and with our Christ and Saviour. So much strength in "assembly" which I call group therapy.

Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.