Status
Not open for further replies.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Well since the surgeries and other irreversible treatments are largely confined to actual cases of gender disphoria (or should be) how does transgenderism itself harm children other than that?
How do know that it's confined to dysphoria? And what exactly do you have to do to be diagnosed with it? Because we know of cases where you can get diagnosed with it in 20 minutes. No therapy no nothing else.

Transgenderism is a methodological attack upon children that teaches them boys can be girls and girls can be boys. It uses thing a simple as gender stereotypes to perpetuate the idea. It confuses kids and offers teens another way of trying to "find themselves" and determine what they might not be happy. There is no therapy. There is social media.
Working on kids psyche while they still have an immature sense of judgement and bringing them irreversible consequences that they can't even fathom yet. It encouraged kids to seek out medicalization which provides permanent harmful effects.

When it's been shown that upwards of 90% of the kids who think they are trans desist IF left alone and not medicalized. Once medicalized nearly 100% go on to fully transition. Which they wouldn't have if left alone.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
How do know that it's confined to dysphoria? And what exactly do you have to do to be diagnosed with it? Because we know of cases where you can get diagnosed with it in 20 minutes. No therapy no nothing else.

Transgenderism is a methodological attack upon children that teaches them boys can be girls and girls can be boys. It uses thing a simple as gender stereotypes to perpetuate the idea. It confuses kids and offers teens another way of trying to "find themselves" and determine what they might not be happy. There is no therapy. There is social media.
Working on kids psyche while they still have an immature sense of judgement and bringing them irreversible consequences that they can't even fathom yet. It encouraged kids to seek out medicalization which provides permanent harmful effects.

When it's been shown that upwards of 90% of the kids who think they are trans desist IF left alone and not medicalized. Once medicalized nearly 100% go on to fully transition. Which they wouldn't have if left alone.
Wow. The next thing you'll be telling me is that drag queens can turn kids gay by reading to them.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Wow. The next thing you'll be telling me is that drag queens can turn kids gay by reading to them.
You asked I answered. You didn't like the truth, that's on you. I would give you some links to therapists talking about these things, but I doubt you would listen to them. In fact Sweden did a whole documentary on it. I doubt you'd listen to that either. I you would tell me you'd actually listen to them, I would link some things for you.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

I have said repeatedly in this forum that I do not approve of how treatment for transgenderism was administered. What I asked was how trasngenderism itself harms children. How does being transgender harm a child?
But what about all the crap they have to take about it in the meantime? Are you supposing that's what sets them back on the straight and narrow?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,053.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I agree. It affirms the article in question. It's pointless to argue with what we agree on.

Psycom Pro is a psychiatry resource for clinicians, and last year it concluded that “More than half of transgender individuals experience partner violence or gender identity abuse.”
You are repeating the same thing. Repeating it a few times in one post doesn't exonerate you or Donahue from the mistake you are both making. That partners of transwomen are themselves transgender. I literally gave you a link to show how wrong that was.

Now, are you going to address that fact or keep repeating the same error? If it's the latter, then we're done.

To help, here is further confirmation:

'Transgender individuals have a variety of sexual partners, predominantly cisgender...'
'There are a variety of reasons why transgender people might date, even prefer to date, other transgender people. Some transgender people prefer dating and having sex with other transgender people because of the violence they fear they might experience from cisgender people.[31] Attraction to transgender people - Wikipedia

So I guess you don't have a figure on the number of white, cis Christians who are violent to transwomen yet. If you get stuck, let me know. I'll give it a shot myself.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,053.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

TRANSGENDER DOMESTIC TERRORISM​

There is a violent streak among trans activists that is underreported in the media. The following events all took place this year.

More than 40,000 gun deaths in the US last year. And you list two by people who identified as transgender. Seems like they are the safest group of people around! Thanks for the heads up.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Depends on what's being read to them.

Is it Darwin's, The Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life?

Or maybe from this article:

DNA from hundreds of thousands of people revealed a handful of genetic variations connected with same-sex sexual behavior.

SOURCE

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

epostle

Oct 29, 2019
Hamilton
✟26,515.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
You are repeating the same thing. Repeating it a few times in one post doesn't exonerate you or Donahue from the mistake you are both making. That partners of transwomen are themselves transgender. I literally gave you a link to show how wrong that was.

Now, are you going to address that fact or keep repeating the same error? If it's the latter, then we're done.

To help, here is further confirmation:

'Transgender individuals have a variety of sexual partners, predominantly cisgender...'
'There are a variety of reasons why transgender people might date, even prefer to date, other transgender people. Some transgender people prefer dating and having sex with other transgender people because of the violence they fear they might experience from cisgender people.[31] Attraction to transgender people - Wikipedia

So I guess you don't have a figure on the number of white, cis Christians who are violent to transwomen yet. If you get stuck, let me know. I'll give it a shot myself.
We are not discussing "Christians who are violent to transwomen". There is a tendency to violence between transgenders and your evasions doesn't cut it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

epostle

Oct 29, 2019
Hamilton
✟26,515.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

epostle

Oct 29, 2019
Hamilton
✟26,515.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,053.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We are not discussing "Christians who are violent to transwomen". There is a tendency to violence between transgenders and your evasions doesn't cut it.
But you brought up that you believe that transpeople were not being assaulted by white, cis Christians. If you don't want white, cis Christians mentioned, then don't bring them up.

And you spent a lot of time and posting a lot of links that said absolutely nothing about a tendency to violence between transgender people. You misread it completely. What you have to ask yourself was...did the author intentionally mislead you? Or wasn't he smart enough to see that what he said wasn't represented by what he quoted.

I think I go with the latter. I think that Donohue did it intentionally. He tried to fool you. And as you wanted to believe it you read it uncritically.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,053.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for that. One of the major findings is quite depressing.

'The suicide risk in transgender people is higher than in the general population.'

Any idea why?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If we look at the Scripture passage in Revelation 3:14-19 we see that Jesus was speaking to the church at Laodicea, and not to any particular individual. So to apply to someone who is told the Gospel and given the invitation to receive Christ as Saviour, is to misquote the Scripture and to change its meaning. There are three rules to interpreting Scripture: 1. Context; 2. Context; 3: Context. I know that many take verses of Scripture out of their natural context and apply their own meaning to it, but in order to be sure that we know that God is really speaking through a Scripture we have to see it in context, otherwise we are making the Bible say what we want it to say, instead of seeing what it actually says.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What I asked was how trasngenderism itself harms children. How does being transgender harm a child?
And I you told how.
But what about all the crap they have to take about it in the meantime? Are you supposing that's what sets them back on the straight and narrow?
I also mentioned that kids get a lot of crap about a lot of things. I'm sure you know I am against bullying whether it's for being trans or having too many zits. Unfortunately for all the claims of schools their anti-bullying campaigns never work because they don't really enforce it for all the rhetoric and human nature itself.

These days just saying one is against the medicalization of kids is enough to get one labeled as bullying. It's such nonsense as well for there are many therapists who are against it.

Taking crap is what people do in this world of ours. It's not nice, but it's humanity. Those who are truly trans aren't some special group of people who have to endure crap from others. I was bullied heavily in Jr High for nothing more than being the new kid. I was punched, had my hair pulled, poked with various objects and verbally battered. So was my only friend because he befriended the new kid.

In my current job I have been cursed at, called all kinds of names, punched, spit on and kicked. This is humanity. I'm not saying it's right or good. It just is and we should put a stop to it wherever we see it. Trans people dont have a monopoly on taking crap from others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Thanks for that. One of the major findings is quite depressing.

'The suicide risk in transgender people is higher than in the general population.'

Any idea why?
What exactly is the general population? Does that include people with other types of mental health issues? Since so many transgender people.alao suffer from other comorbitities how would you know they are higher risk simply from being trans alone? What exactly is the suicide rate?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,053.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What exactly is the general population? Does that include people with other types of mental health issues? Since so many transgender people.alao suffer from other comorbitities how would you know they are higher risk simply from being trans alone? What exactly is the suicide rate?
Hang on. I'll spend an hour or so of my valuable time searching the interweb to find out everything you asked. It'll save you doing it. Won't be a tick. Make yourself a cuppa while you wait. Do you mind in which order I do the search?

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It seems that 'won't someone please think of the children' is not all you are worried about.
A rather lame attempt at yet another strawman, don't you think? Looks like you need another grammar lesson.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How does this specifically threaten Christians? It's still the parents' prerogative to consent to medical treatment for a minor.
I already posted that the threat is to the sanity of our society. Did you watch the testimony of the woman who is de-transitioning? "Do you want a live trans-son or a dead daughter?

Reactions: epostle
Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We govern ourselves, each congregation is fully autonomous ...
"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear" (2 Tim 4:3).

Reactions: epostle
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.