Traditionalist Catholics Attack Pope Francis

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
... I suspect it as at least as much a response to peoples obsession with Pope Francis' actions (the black shoes, paying his hotel bill etc. etc.) rather then being concerned about ensuring Catholic truths are being taught. I'm not accusing His Holiness of anything untoward, but it is hard to deny that many people, including many Catholics have seemed far more interested in what he does rather then what he teaches.

This x1000. To his credit, I believe Pope Francis probably believes his actions are, "teaching the Gospel, using words if necessary." There is good in a beautiful Liturgy that lifts man's senses, and thereby his heart into the mystery of Beauty that is the presence of God, and as such completes and sources his charitable actions. I pray that is not lost on either side of the growing factions that are developing.

"Let us, therefore, forget for a while the technical discussions about the Church, its mission, its methods. Not that these discussions are wrong or unnecessary—but they can be useful and meaningful only within a fundamental context, and that context is the “great joy” from which everything else in Christianity developed and acquired its meaning. “For, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy”—thus begins the Gospel, and its end is: “And they worshipped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy.” (Lk. 2:10, 24:52). And we must recover the meaning of this great joy. We must if possible partake of it, before we discuss anything else—programs and missions, projects and techniques.
Joy, however, is not something one can define or analyze. One enters into joy. “Enter thou into the joy of thy Lord” (Mt. 25:21). And we have no other means of entering into that joy, no way of understanding it, except through the one action which from the beginning has been for the Church both the source and the fulfillment of joy, the very sacrament of joy, the Eucharist.”

Excerpt From: Schmemann, Alexander. “For the Life of the World.”

Upvote 0

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
I've seen articles where the SSPX leaders or members criticize Popes (they do it a lot), but the original text of what is being referenced in this article does not do so (at least the text I have seen). Fellay just expresses hopes as to what the Pope will do--and Pope Francis has been saying the same things Fellay is hoping for (the Church can't just be a philanthropic organization/NGO, the faith can't be hidden or negotiated away, we encourage people to turn from sin, etc.).

I'm sure they'll give him both barrels if it becomes apparent he has no interest in dialogue with them, but they appear to be still in wait-and-see mode with this Pope.

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

IXA the Knight Kamen Rider
Apr 26, 2009
Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It is not by man's choice that chose him but it is He. This act of humility may be a call from the Above to call all of The Faithful Ones to remember this verse and apply it to their own lives:

"“And whoever wants to be first among you let him be a servant to you.”"

Matthew 20:27

Upvote 0