Traditional Catholics ‘persecuted’ as Pope Francis clamps down on ‘loyal’ Church-goers

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
article said:
Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis claims Pope Francis has clamped down on "loyal" church-goers and Catholics who are being "persecuted".

Speaking to Jacob Rees-Mogg on GB News, Gloria said: "It's a little bit like in school the nasty kids get to get away with everything while the good ones, once they make a mistake, they get kicked out.

"It's ridiculous. You can give any heresy, you can spread any heresy you want. They will leave you alone. But if you are a conservative and you take your mask seriously and you like the old right, then you are immediately an outcast."

article said:
Gloria told GB News host Jacob Rees-Mogg: "Cardinal Burke is a victim. I'm sure that they have badmouthed him a lot in Rome and it was very ill-advised to send him away because of course now all the cardinals are very scared to say anything they believe.

"You can't give your opinion anymore without having to fear that you're getting stripped of all your belongings. Because don't forget, these people don't have an income if the Pope strips them of an income, they have to go and beg because they have nothing else to live on.

"He stripped his apartment. He stripped his pension, so he needs to find good people who will support him, and that's a warning sign for any cardinal."

Well, if that last bit is true, then it's a really great Christian witness for the pope---it really shows his commitment to compassion, diversity of thought, and care for his flock: if they deviate from an arbitrary decree over a language you don't like, throw 'em out in the snow and let 'em freeze to death. That'll teach 'em! Way to go, Frankie! You continue to grow in my estimation.....but not upwards. :mad:

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Well, if that last bit is true, then it's a really great Christian witness for the pope---it really shows his commitment to compassion, diversity of thought, and care for his flock: if they deviate from an arbitrary decree over a language you don't like, throw 'em out in the snow and let 'em freeze to death. That'll teach 'em! Way to go, Frankie! You continue to grow in my estimation.....but not upwards. :mad:
A cardinal wears read as a reminder that they should be willing to me martyrs for the faith. Cardinal Burke and cardinal Zen and cardinal Muller and cardinal Sarah and cardinal Ambongo seem to know that. I hope some others do too.

Do we have these people's backs? We should.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0