Sunny Central Florida, USA (woo hoo!)
✟17,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In our case, my buddy and I walked onto a beach that allowed nude sunbathing without knowing it. We were there at sunrise for surf fishing, so the nude bathers didn't show up until well after we were there and we didn't see them until we started walking back up the beach to the parking area.

"Hey, Tom, is that guy naked?"
Long pause. "Yeeup, I believe he is."
Thought sinks in. "Holy cow, he's really naked!"

Now, the smell of fish guts on my hands won't make me barf. But the site of Hairy Sensitive Naked Guy with a big beer gut and freakishly large sunglasses stretched out on his beach chair in all his birthday suit glory made me want to laugh and puke at the same time.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Southern Cross said:
But the site of Hairy Sensitive Naked Guy with a big bear gut and freakishly large sunglasses stretched out on his beach chair in all his birthday suit glory made me want to laugh and puke at the same time.

hahaha. This cracks me up. :D

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Southern Cross said:
We have a couple of nude beaches here in Florida. I've walked on to one to do some fishing, and we just about died laughing walking by people who have no concept of what it means to remain physically fit! Keep in mind most American nudists are not attractive people. I could not see myself getting turned on looking at any of the women. A couple looked suspiciously like my mother. Blech!

I'm confused by your comments. It sounds like you are in favor of modesty only becasue it will spare you having to look at bodies that you do not find attractive. Was the fishing that much better off the nude beach?

Upvote 0

Jengi

Jan 31, 2004
✟8,129.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I accidentally stumbled upon one on our honeymoon. We quickly found another beach to spend the day on. I respect people's rights to go nude if that's their cup of tea but for myself, I want no part of that. Maybe I'm just not worldly, but it makes me uncomfortable.

Upvote 0

Oblivious

Matthew 7:12
Nov 6, 2003
The Mile High City
✟31,244.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Southern Cross said:
We have a couple of nude beaches here in Florida. I've walked on to one to do some fishing, and we just about died laughing walking by people who have no concept of what it means to remain physically fit! Keep in mind most American nudists are not attractive people. I could not see myself getting turned on looking at any of the women. A couple looked suspiciously like my mother. Blech!

From what I've heard, this is very true! :eek: :sick:

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
I'm from Jamaica... and not meaning to generalize, but I find that Europeans (British, German, and French especially) just have this knack for taking all of their clothes off once they hit the beach.

I wouldn't go to a nude beach 'knowing' that it was a nude beach, but in the Caribbean (with the exception of Barbados) nobody's gonna give you a hard time for disrobing on the beach... especially if you're vacationing.

Now believe you me, 9 times out of ten, when we have the odd occasion of stumbling upon a nekkid person, it's nothing worth lusting over. Some people have absolutely no business removing their clothes.... ugh.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You have such a witty personality - I knew you just had to be from Jamaica. :D

You are so right - we did venture over there for a peek once during the day and what we saw was much more scary than lustful, believe me. It's also part of the reason we wait until nighttime - we are fully aware of what we look like.

What part of Jamaica are you from?

Reactions: Redguard
Upvote 0

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was visiting my husband when he was living in California the year before we were married and we were sightseeing and got more than we bargained for. There we are holding hands, standing on this cliff overlooking the Pacific when we look down on the beach and see this guy. Right away you know something's wrong but can't figure it out... He was wearing a great big straw hat, sandals and nothing else! First question we had, why bother with the hat?! I mean, how much sun protection do you need on your head when you're more sensitive parts are exposed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vilnius

Sep 27, 2004
✟15,802.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Svt4Him said:
I do have to add though that seeing a naked womam or partially naked woman affects a guy different than a girl. And every guy will say they are mature enough to handle it, but no guy can clear the memory out of their minds, were it actually burns an image in there.

Amen!!!!

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Svt4Him said:
I do have to add though that seeing a naked womam or partially naked woman affects a guy different than a girl. And every guy will say they are mature enough to handle it, but no guy can clear the memory out of their minds, were it actually burns an image in there.

Not true at all. I have seen countless naked women. More than I can ever possibly remember. Very, VERY few of them stand out in my mind or made any type of lasting impression, and I have seen plenty of very attractive women (I used to hang out in strip clubs on a very regular basis, I was friends with several of them...etc...la de da). Also very seldom does it even phase me. There is the odd one that stands out from the crowd and etches themselves in your mind but that is the exception as opposed to the rule.

Maybe it depends on how many you have seen and how easily influenced you are.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While on a mission trip to Spain, we went to a Med. beach. There were topless women there. All of us guys went swimming but got really tired and never got anywhere. Then we figured out it's hard to do anything but go in a circle when you're swimming with one arm and covering your eyes with the other...

Reactions: Redguard
Upvote 0

lin1235

Jana's mommy!
Mar 29, 2005
Cape Town, South Africa
✟4,295.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I haven't been to one, and I wouldn't go. I don't have a problem with other couples, but I personally know it wouldn't be a good idea for me. I trust my husband, seriously - I wouldn't even be that concerned if he told me he went to a beach and some women were topless, because he wouldn't look. But I'm a jealous type (working on it) and I would get extremely emotional being on that beach with those women. And I would compare myself to them, etc. So a no for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
SirKenin said:
Not true at all. I have seen countless naked women. More than I can ever possibly remember. Very, VERY few of them stand out in my mind or made any type of lasting impression, and I have seen plenty of very attractive women (I used to hang out in strip clubs on a very regular basis, I was friends with several of them...etc...la de da). Also very seldom does it even phase me. There is the odd one that stands out from the crowd and etches themselves in your mind but that is the exception as opposed to the rule.

Maybe it depends on how many you have seen and how easily influenced you are.

Well I could give the chemical reasons for it, but in all honesty if you live in sin enough, then there will come a point where you have so much garbage in that a little more won't matter. But regardless, that doesn't negate the chemical reaction that happens in most men. That is why men can recall details of a inappropriate content movie they saw when they were young, or pictures of women from a magazine they had when they were kids.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
WolfGate said:
While on a mission trip to Spain, we went to a Med. beach. There were topless women there. All of us guys went swimming but got really tired and never got anywhere. Then we figured out it's hard to do anything but go in a circle when you're swimming with one arm and covering your eyes with the other...

That's funny. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Svt4Him said:
Well I could give the chemical reasons for it, but in all honesty if you live in sin enough, then there will come a point where you have so much garbage in that a little more won't matter. But regardless, that doesn't negate the chemical reaction that happens in most men. That is why men can recall details of a inappropriate content movie they saw when they were young, or pictures of women from a magazine they had when they were kids.

Eh. That depends what kind of man you are. A boobie is a boobie, plain and simple. Sometimes people just need to grow up and get over it. ;)

I have painted a nude model before (and even posed myself for an artist). Wherever would I be if I sat there with an erection through every painting? That would make it remarkably distracting don't you think? And to think, I made it through life with no problems. Their body isn't etched in my brain. I have to look at the painting to remember what it even looked like.

I have had plenty of sex in my life too. I don't remember all their bodies, and I certainly don't think of them during sex now.

Personally, I think the whole thing is pretty much a bunch of rubbish and just boils down to the maturity of the individual (or perhaps their close-mindedness/prudishness). Maybe they even need to get it more than once every five years. I dunno. There are only a couple that stand out in my mind and that's from when I was 16-17 years old. Two from when I was in my thirties.. I don't want to tell you just how many I've seen, but that amounts to less than 1%.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
SirKenin said:
Eh. That depends what kind of man you are. A boobie is a boobie, plain and simple. Sometimes people just need to grow up and get over it. ;)

I have painted a nude model before (and even posed myself for an artist). Wherever would I be if I sat there with an erection through every painting? That would make it remarkably distracting don't you think? And to think, I made it through life with no problems. Their body isn't etched in my brain. I have to look at the painting to remember what it even looked like.

I have had plenty of sex in my life too. I don't remember all their bodies, and I certainly don't think of them during sex now.

Personally, I think the whole thing is pretty much a bunch of rubbish and just boils down to the maturity of the individual (or perhaps their close-mindedness/prudishness). Maybe they even need to get it more than once every five years. I dunno. There are only a couple that stand out in my mind and that's from when I was 16-17 years old. Two from when I was in my thirties.. I don't want to tell you just how many I've seen, but that amounts to less than 1%.

Like I said, if you're mind is already full of garbage, one or two more won't really make a difference.

As for the rubbishness of the chemical changes, you are probably right. It doesn't matter what those doctors say, they have nothing over anecdotal evidence like this.

But the problem is, most guys, apart from you, probably know what I'm talking about, and I'd be willing to bet they would agree.

Upvote 0

heartnsoul

Don't settle for less than God's best!
Nov 3, 2004
in the palm of God's hand
✟11,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not trying to start a debate, but I did ask my husband what his opinion was about "men having etched images in their minds of naked women". My husband said it's nonsense. He doesn't have etched images and doesn't remember vividly the naked bodies of the women he's seen. If this is a generalization of men, my husband is not part of the generalization. Besides, my husband has a hard time trying to remember what day it is everyday, so naked bodies would be impossible for him. :p

Upvote 0