Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ill be going to my first Lutheran service today at 3. I'm know to have an anxiety disorder so I'm pretty darn nervous. If you guys could.find it in your heart to pray for me that would be great.

I'll pray :)

Tell us about the service when you get home. :wave:

Upvote 0

Searching_for_Christ

simul justus et peccator
Nov 14, 2009
In my mind.
✟18,609.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This was such a great service!!!!! It was very liturgical, and they even used the common cup. I sat next to a kind old lady that helped guide me through the book of prayer. It was a tad sad tho because there was only like 5-7 people, however I still cant wait till the next service.

Upvote 0

Searching_for_Christ

simul justus et peccator
Nov 14, 2009
In my mind.
✟18,609.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, this Church meets twice a month on Saturday because they are such a small congregation (and also share a building with the Anglican Church)

In case anyone else was interested we used the Divine service setting three.

Upvote 0

Searching_for_Christ

simul justus et peccator
Nov 14, 2009
In my mind.
✟18,609.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Awesome! I thought our next service was not until December, but it turns out we will be having a service of the Word this Saturday for Thanksgiving.

It won't be led by the Pastor, but its going to be led by the guy that administered the sacraments to him, when I was there last.

I'm just glad there is another service.

Upvote 0

Searching_for_Christ

simul justus et peccator
Nov 14, 2009
In my mind.
✟18,609.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had mentioned to the Pastor that I would love to start talking about joining the Church already, and he sent me this.

"We need to put into your hands a copy of Luther's Small Catechism with Explanation, which will serve as our compass."

So I'm assuming that he plans to start me on a "training" thing or something :) I can't wait. I won't see him untill December 10th which is the next time he comes up for the Word and Sacrament.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My children attend an LCMS Lutheran school even though we're not Lutheran ourselves. I have gone to the "contemporary" service at 10am...wowzers...that was bizarre!!! I felt like I was in a Baptist or Calvary Chapel hoe-down. It was rough! I gather the earlier service that says "traditional" is the superior choice! :p The wording of the liturgy doesn't even sound Lutheran. I still have the programme from it...really odd

Upvote 0