• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Today I am alone

cflittlestar

Jun 16, 2007
✟8,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:nowords:Birthday, this "special" B-day, is different than the past B-day.

:whyy:I feel so upset. I still have no friends, no ..... and no family too (they exist, but really they don't).

:sad:This is the hardest day. I feel like I want to just end myself.....no I am not going to, I have no guts, what a loser I am.

:destroyed:

hope_is_last_to_die

what, where, who, when, whatever????
Dec 15, 2009
Emerald Isle!
✟13,767.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Happy birthday to you!!

I too find birthdays a struggle and depressing, with no special friend to celebrate it with. I prayed for you precious beloved sister. I continue to get comfort from Jesus and how He loves me and its so great that He loves you!

Blessings to you!! :groupray:

Upvote 0

Dogperson

Dec 18, 2009
Northeast Tennessee
✟15,560.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Birthdays can be hard. When I was growing up we didn't technically have birthdays in my household because we were so poor. My birthday was right after Christmas so it was pretty much ignored, which made it seem like a big deal to me to have a birthday because I really wanted somebody to pay attention to me. As an adult I still have this problem. If nobody tells me happy birthday or spends my birthday with me I find it very depressing.
So sorry you are feeling alone.
Father, I pray for this dear child of Yours, that you would be so real and so comforting that this dear child would never ever feel alone. Be that friend who sticks closer than a brother. Be the Almighty sustainer and comforter that You are. Also please send some good Christian friends into this person's life so the alone feeling will be filled with friendship and laughter. You understand our need to have a real live person to be right beside us, so please send some really good friends. In the name of Jesus and for His glory always, Amen!

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Belated birthday blessings. Yes, you have us and we love you. I hope you'll do something nice for yourself. I try to do that for me on my birthday. I let myself splurge a little. And here's a verse for you, "Listen, O daughter...the King is entralled by your beauty." Jesus is enthralled with you. Forget those people who aren't sensible enough to be like Him.

Blessings and prayers, A

Upvote 0