• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

To Those In The Valley Of Sorrow

songz777

Spouse first strengthens your marriage
Apr 5, 2004
Devon ~ Plymouth
Visit site
✟31,494.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To Those In The Valley Of Sorrow

My deepest is desire in the post is to bring hope to any who are in that place of sadness & hurt and deep sorrow.
We are all good actors, but at times we need to be REAl with our Father and tell Him how we really feel.
Depression, Disappointment, Emotional pain, and Discouragment are REAL Feelings that God allows to affect us.
Are natural desires are to KICK out and BLAME God or at least become deeply hurt and pushed away from the loving arms of God.
My friends, as one who writes this post with "experience" I encourage you to be real and honest with God with how you feel. If you feel He is INJUST or UNKIND or UNFAIR then tell Him. Pour out the bitterness you feel, the hurt etc. Cry and cry again, but let your tears be as water to the Ark of Noah. Let the floods of your tears and sorrow be the very "way that you are brought to heights of heaven with God" Dont let the pain push you away from His precious kind arms.
Yes it hurts, yes real bad, and your pain is deep inside, but God will HEAL YOU as me. More so you will lool back over the years in the future and weep with gratitude for the horrible trials that have brought you so close to Jesus. Trust me, Ive been there, tonight i wept because when I traced my life back 19 yrs of all the pain and hurt I have had, and how now I am so in heaven with Jesus, Yes even after so many failures.
Be Strong, there are people like me who have been through the valley and come out to say "There is Hope" ) there is a future worth living.
Oh be strong and dont give up, The heart breaks with love for your hurts and mine.
take care john

Reactions: but'n'ben

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Way to be John! It's good to hear that you too have made it through to the other side of the pain......I have also come through the fires of my personalized hell.....John is right, hold on, keep going, the best is yet to come.

Upvote 0

MoleQL

Oct 15, 2004
Midrand
Visit site
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Here is my story: in 2003 I met a girl. We fell head over heals for one another, and I moved from my Christianity, my morals, my faith. She fell pregnant, and things between us did not work out. We got seperated, and I only saw her again after the birth of our son. He is brilliantly special, and I love him. We rekindled the flame, and ones again things did not work out (so much for following our own will). Now, yesterday I found out she is two months pregnant. Again heartache, for we broke our relationship off in Januarie. I once again did not live God's will, had premarital sex and now she is ones again pregnant. She told me this is her pregnancy, not mine. I must just stand father and pay, she will do the rest. She does not want me interfering. The one that hurt the most? When she said that I don't have to fake my emotions because the only thing I have to worry about is my pocket. I WORRY ABOUT HER AND THE UNBORN BABY, AND ABOUT MY ONE YEAR OLD SON! I told her this but she laughed it off. Where does this leave us? Well, we are not getting along that well, but I know God has a greater plan, otherwise he would not let this baby be born. Where does this leave me spiritually? I don't know. How many times will God take a person, and mold him and test him and test him and break him? I know God has a plan, but at this moment I feel so very very tired and sore, so...so very broken. I do not understand what God's plan is, why He has let this happen, but it did, and now I will forever pay the consequences. I am sad, and I fail to see a light. I try to walk day by day and find Him in my prayers, find His answers to my questions. I don't know where to turn. I know I have to be strong, but trying to find strength I fail and I'm pushed down to my knees, bending in front of Him and asking Him for strength. He is my Light, my Way and Salvation. But my humanity is broken down to pieces, I have crumbled to nothingness, and will now have to be rebuild. May God rebuild me to His will, because I can not gather the strength or the will or the pieces to rebuild myself. May His will be done.

Upvote 0