Visit site
✟1,358,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen— just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my God or see this great fire any more, lest I die.’ And the Lord said to me, ‘They are right in what they have spoken. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not listen to my words that he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him.” (Deuteronomy 18:15-19 ESV)

It is largely believed and accepted that the prophet being spoken of here is Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. And I personally believe this to be a prophecy concerning Jesus Christ. And right before this was prophesied, the Israelites were given instructions with regard to the appropriate actions that they were to take when they were to come into the land that the Lord was then giving to them. They were not to follow the abominable practices of the nations. And they were to be blameless before the Lord their God.

And with regard to the prophet who was yet to come, the Lord said that he would put his words in his mouth, and that the prophet would speak to them all that he commanded him. And whoever would not listen to God’s words that the prophet would speak in the name of God, God would require it of him, i.e. God will judge him (or her). Those who do not heed the words of the Lord, who do not obey him, will not have eternal life with God, regardless of what their lips profess. The New Testament says so, too.

For in 1 Corinthians 10:1-22 we are reminded of what happened to the Israelites during their time of their wandering in the wilderness for 40 years. With most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness. And these things took place as examples for us, that we might not desire evil as they did. For many of them were idolaters and revelers and drunkards and the sexually immoral and those who griped and complained to God all the time and who put Christ to the test (for Christ was there).

And what happened to most of them? They died in the wilderness, and they did not get to enter into the Promised Land nor into God’s eternal rest because of their disobedience (unbelief). See Hebrews 3:1-19; Hebrews 4:1-16. And these things were written down for us as an example to us so that we don’t desire evil as they did, so that we do not become idolaters and revelers and drunkards, and so we don’t engage in sexual immorality and put Christ to the test, for we will get the same judgment as they had.

For this part is not just Old Covenant teaching. It is New Covenant teaching, too. If we do not listen to the words of Jesus, and of those of his NT apostles, which are intended for us, the church, and so we decide that we can live however we want and still be forgiven all sin and have heaven guaranteed us when we die, just because we professed Christ as Lord, then we need to know that is a lie from hell. For the NT Scriptures teach us that if we live in sin and not in obedience to God, we don’t have eternal life.

[Matt 7:21-23; Lu 9:23-26; Jn 6:35-58; Jn 15:1-11; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-24; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-11; Titus 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-10; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 10:23-31; 1 Co 10:1-22; Heb 3:1-19; Heb 4:1-13; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

So, please know what the Scriptures teach, and please understand that just as disobedience meant unbelief under the Old Covenant, it also means unbelief under the New Covenant. So all who choose to live their own lives the way that they want to live them, without regard for our Lord’s commandments under the New Covenant, will perish in their sins. And heaven will not be their eternal destiny, even if they profess faith in Jesus Christ. So believe the NT Scriptures and not the lies of human beings.

Broken Cord

An Original Work / August 29, 2018

Your bond is broken with your Lord and Savior
And your testimony is separate from Him.
Your words not matching your actions today.
Repent of your sin and bow down and pray.
Live what you testify in truth always.

Purity’s lacking in your life and witness,
For you profess one thing, but other you do.
Not moral, spiritual. Still of the flesh.
Not living in truth to what you confess.
Lying about it puts you in a mess.

Living a lie is your practice, ‘tis true of you.
Masquerade righteousness – none of it true.
Your heart is not given to your Lord God.
Because of how you live, you are a fraud.
Turn from your sin and give your life to God.