Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
:wave: The media is the tool for the false accuser of the brethren and those who continue to exploit innocent people in order to promote their values will be brought to naught….as some already have.

I don't think she is a false accuser, but someone who is mistaken.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟262,024.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Justice Brett Kavanaugh Serves Meals to the Homeless in Washington, D.C.

Before anyone says this is just a pr stunt, he has been doing this for decades. However, like many tabloid news media they are referencing his alleged alcohol problem.

Does giving to charity automatically make you a good man? Cosby supported charities as did Weinstein. Many organized crime figures have also given to charities.
Your post proves nothing either way as to his character. Giving to charity doesn't make a bad man good or a good man better or wipe away a rapists crimes.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,218,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, whether or not she was mistaken...for the sake of this particular discussion about his charity...

A person can do a lot of charity work, and have an otherwise great character aside from some indiscretions and less-than-stellar acts in the past.

When there was the massive outing of all of the Hollywood elites that had been engaging in sexual misconduct (Harvey, Kevin Spacey, ...that whole thing). I think it's very safe to say that many of them had probably engaged in quite a bit of donating and charity work throughout their lives.

No person is 100% good or 100% bad.

Brett's charity work (while possibly pure & good-hearted) doesn't automatically negate the possibility of him doing something despicable in the past.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don't think she is a false accuser, but someone who is mistaken.

The majority of false accusations are a result of wrong identity, and are not malicious (see the innocence project). However, her repeated lies and attempts to get people to change their stories makes me think that Ford was malicious.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does giving to charity automatically make you a good man? Cosby supported charities as did Weinstein. Many organized crime figures have also given to charities.
Your post proves nothing either way as to his character. Giving to charity doesn't make a bad man good or a good man better or wipe away a rapists crimes.

Are we expected to give the man a pat on the back because he does charity work? I don't think so.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:wave: The media is the tool for the false accuser of the brethren and those who continue to exploit innocent people in order to promote their values will be brought to naught….as some already have.

This also comes to mind:

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isa 5:20

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are we expected to give the man a pat on the back because he does charity work? I don't think so.
That's right because all we want to hear is trash about someone.
That's why we have shows about murder (Murder She Wrote) and not on charity (Charity She Wrote) since that would be boring.

Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This also comes to mind:

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isa 5:20

This verse reminds of the Christians who continue to support Trump and defend him, despite the kind of person he is. It reminds of all the excuses they come up with to justify their support of him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟262,024.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
That's right because all we want to hear is trash about someone.
That's why we have shows about murder (Murder She Wrote) and not on charity (Charity She Wrote) since that would be boring.

or we can just accept that people are smart enough to realize that someone who gives candy to sick kids could also be brutally murdering those kids when nobody is looking.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟375,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
John Wayne Gacy was very charitable. Didn't exactly make him a nice dude.

Glad Kavanaugh serves food to homeless people though. I'm sure he's not evil or even bad necessarily but I'm also sure that he made mistakes when he was younger and I don't believe he was truthful during his questioning.

I'm not a general fan of the guy but I do think that Sam Harris speaks pretty clearly and reasonably on that whole affair.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟262,024.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
My guess is that most who chime in stating that giving to a charity does not make one good or better probably themselves give (next to nothing.)

M-Bob

even if they didn't it doesn't change the fact that a person giving to charity doesn't erase their past crimes.
the people saying that are either being extremely childish or extremely partisan in this regard, probably both honestly.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟375,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
My guess is that most who chime in stating that giving to a charity does not make one good or better probably themselves give (next to nothing.)

M-Bob
My guess is that people who make wide generalizations about people, don't like to put thought into the idea that people have individualized motivations for their actions.

Are you actually arguing that giving to charity makes yo ua good person? BEcause then you should be fawning all OVER soros et. al.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you actually arguing that giving to charity makes yo ua good person? BEcause then you should be fawning all OVER soros et. al.

I'm saying that the ones that complain so often are probably the ones that give nothing to charity. Absolutely none of their time nor none of their money.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟262,024.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I'm saying that the ones that complain so often are probably the ones that give nothing to charity. Absolutely none of their time nor none of their money.
M-Bob

then you'd be dead wrong about it and only end up looking like a fool if that is what you actually believe.
in my experience it's the ones that give to charity that then proceed to harp about it who are probably doing it for personal ego stroking reasons.
if you want to give to charity then do so.
making a big deal about it afterwards is what a social deficient idiot would do because they believe it would make people like them more.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if you want to give to charity then do so.
making a big deal about it afterwards is what a social deficient idiot would do because they believe it would make people like them more.

Oh my golly!
M-Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟335,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Brett's charity work (while possibly pure & good-hearted) doesn't automatically negate the possibility of him doing something despicable in the past.

One of the things I hate about the public's insistence that politicians / government officials be near perfect is that we don't properly understand human behavior. We are under the misguided notion that if you have any wrongdoings in your past, then that means you aren't a good person and are more likely to commit wrongdoings in the future.

We forget that for many of us, it is our past mistakes that are responsible for some of our most positive character traits. Past mistakes "can" serve as a come-to-Jesus moment in which we learn a profound truth.

Conversely, a clean record doesn't mean you are clean, it just means you have a clean record. There are plenty of nefarious types that are good at hiding their dirt.

Obviously, if you have a clear pattern of behavior in your past then that is one thing. But singular isolated mistakes or even crimes that happened decades ago shouldn't be held against you. How many of us would be comfortable being judged now for something we did 30+ years ago in high school?

We should care more about "patterns of behavior" instead of looking for that one smoking gun mistake that happened decades ago in someone's past. This enables the powers-that-be on both sides to control and manipulate us.

Truthfully, I care more about the abysmal and embarrassing way he conducted himself during his hearing than the allegations made against him. One clearly demonstrated he was unfit for the office, the other was/is impossible to prove.

Last edited:
Upvote 0