Tithing

KayD

Oct 31, 2005
United States
✟331.00
Faith
Christian
Hi :wave:

Have you tried sitting down with your kids and explaining the principle behind tithing? Kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for and, in most cases, can prove more faithful in their service to God than most adults are.

And don't forget to lead by example. For it is by beholding that we become changed, and the more your children witness your growing relationship in and dedication to the Lord, the more willing they will be to follow. Faith in action is always a wonderful learning tool.

Not sure if the above will help, or even if it will make sense, but I do pray for God's best for both you and yours. Be blessed!:hug:

Upvote 0

pastordavidd

Apr 14, 2006
✟7,747.00
Faith
Christian
We just explained why we tithe and did a message on tithing. When we take up the offering we usually do a "slam dunk offering" where the kids run up and slam their offering into a bucket (like a basketball slam dunk). I got an old kids plastic baketball ring and stand and taped a bucket under the hoop and the kids seem to love it. We sometimes have competitons to see who does the best slam dunk!

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We pass around an offering basket during our worship, the same as would be done in the regular service. Often times before the offering, the worship leader will talk about it briefly. I definately think there could be room for improvement. I like the envelope idea that rcdad mentioned. Does it work, though? Do you think they understand the purpose of it?

Upvote 0