Visit site
✟558,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think that about somes up your heart of hearts. One of those who claims the USA is the problem in the world and if we could just get rid of it the world would be a better place. Good luck with that.

History speaks for itself. That you wish to approach American history like this:

latest

Does not speak well for you at all.

But perhaps I AM ignorant. Please justify the following for me and I will recant my position:

1. Owning slaves that were kidnapped from Africa

2. Lying to and plundering Native Americans.

3. Government sanctioned murder of Native American peoples, including women and children.

4. C.I.A. assassination squads killing duly elected leaders in foreign countries because we don't like their political views.

5. Running drugs into the black ghetto of Los Angeles to fund Right-Wing death squads in Nicaragua.

6. “The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”
—John Adams

7. Firebombing of Dresden, nuclear bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima, both which were not military targets and which killed millions of unarmed and innocent civilians.

8. Complete and total interference in the politics and running of other nations rather than respect of their sovereignty and an offer to give them aid in growing.

9. Charging of interest, strictly prohibited by the Bible, and unknown in Christianity until John Calvin said it was okay.

10. Government promoted sodomy, abortion, and protection for inappropriate contentography.

11. C.I.A. backed murders in Indonesia, resulting in the deaths of millions of innocent people under the suspicion of "being Communist."

12. Invasion of the Philippines after the defeat of Cuba in the Spanish/American War. During this invasion, papers like the NY Times were rife with outraged editorials calling for the Catholic people of the Philippines to be defeated because of their Catholic faith. This, along with the vile anti-Catholic cartoons of the bigot, Thomas Nast, fueled a hatred for the people of the Philippines who had the misfortune of being a Spanish colony and nothing more. They had done nothing to us.

13. The refusal of Protestant insurance companies to sell policies to Catholic people, thus creating an atmosphere which founded the Knights of Columbus, a fraternal organization dedicated to protecting Catholic families by offering them insurance.

14. Robber Barons sending men into coal mines, auto factories, and industrial work sites for pennies a day while they lived in scandalous luxury. Then, when the men unionized and called a work strike for better wages and safer working conditions, our government sending in troops to shoot the strikers and take the side of the rich oppressing the poor.

15. The Food and Drug Administration lying about natural cures for cancer and other diseases and sending in armed troops to shut down farmers with the nerve to sell raw milk.

16. The protection of oil barons such as J.D. Rockefeller by the passing of laws against hemp, which is a much better fuel than gasoline, burns cleaner, and has a wider range of uses than crude oil.

17. Protection of vile inappropriate contentography under the faux idea of "Freedom of speech." Freedom of speech never gives on the right to harm another.

Dude, I could go on for pages. The fact that you don't wish to see this tells me all I need to know about you. Please don't move into my neighborhood with all your flag-waving hoopla and chanting USA USA USA.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think that about somes up your heart of hearts. One of those who claims the USA is the problem in the world and if we could just get rid of it the world would be a better place. Good luck with that.

I think all the non-combatant, innocent women and children who have been enslaved, raped, tortured, and killed by drones from our government would think exactly that!!

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
History speaks for itself. That you wish to approach American history like this:

latest

Does not speak well for you at all.

But perhaps I AM ignorant. Please justify the following for me and I will recant my position:

1. Owning slaves that were kidnapped from Africa

2. Lying to and plundering Native Americans.

3. Government sanctioned murder of Native American peoples, including women and children.

4. C.I.A. assassination squads killing duly elected leaders in foreign countries because we don't like their political views.

5. Running drugs into the black ghetto of Los Angeles to fund Right-Wing death squads in Nicaragua.

6. “The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”
—John Adams

7. Firebombing of Dresden, nuclear bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima, both which were not military targets and which killed millions of unarmed and innocent civilians.

8. Complete and total interference in the politics and running of other nations rather than respect of their sovereignty and an offer to give them aid in growing.

9. Charging of interest, strictly prohibited by the Bible, and unknown in Christianity until John Calvin said it was okay.

10. Government promoted sodomy, abortion, and protection for inappropriate contentography.

11. C.I.A. backed murders in Indonesia, resulting in the deaths of millions of innocent people under the suspicion of "being Communist."

12. Invasion of the Philippines after the defeat of Cuba in the Spanish/American War. During this invasion, papers like the NY Times were rife with outraged editorials calling for the Catholic people of the Philippines to be defeated because of their Catholic faith. This, along with the vile anti-Catholic cartoons of the bigot, Thomas Nast, fueled a hatred for the people of the Philippines who had the misfortune of being a Spanish colony and nothing more. They had done nothing to us.

13. The refusal of Protestant insurance companies to sell policies to Catholic people, thus creating an atmosphere which founded the Knights of Columbus, a fraternal organization dedicated to protecting Catholic families by offering them insurance.

14. Robber Barons sending men into coal mines, auto factories, and industrial work sites for pennies a day while they lived in scandalous luxury. Then, when the men unionized and called a work strike for better wages and safer working conditions, our government sending in troops to shoot the strikers and take the side of the rich oppressing the poor.

15. The Food and Drug Administration lying about natural cures for cancer and other diseases and sending in armed troops to shut down farmers with the nerve to sell raw milk.

16. The protection of oil barons such as J.D. Rockefeller by the passing of laws against hemp, which is a much better fuel than gasoline, burns cleaner, and has a wider range of uses than crude oil.

17. Protection of vile inappropriate contentography under the faux idea of "Freedom of speech." Freedom of speech never gives on the right to harm another.

Dude, I could go on for pages. The fact that you don't wish to see this tells me all I need to know about you. Please don't move into my neighborhood with all your flag-waving hoopla and chanting USA USA USA.
Such a nice little deconstructionist list. I think you forgot a few things though so I'll add to it.
Jimmy Carter, (Democrat) gifted the world and the Iranian people with the Islamic Republic of Iran by overthrowing a western ally in the cold war, who yes was killing radical Islamist and Marxists trying to overthrow the country. Took a modern western loving Iranian people and turned their nation into an oppressive hell hole by helping to install the Ayatollah Khomeini over them whom Carter called a Holy man and a Gandhi. The Middle East was immediate plunged into war that has never ceased.

Then in the 1990's Bill Clinton (Democrat) sided with Al-Qaeda that started a civil war in Yugoslavia and bombed a helpless European nation nation into submission to cede the land so an Islamic Republic could be established in heart of Europe. Now the center of the human trafficking and drug trade in Europe.

Then come the great one himself, the leader of the free world Barack Hussein Obama (Democrat) and his sidekick Hillary. They worked with George Soros type international leftist organizations to engineer the Arab Spring and install Muslim Brotherhood type governments over north African and Middle East nations that were previously under secular dictators. Who by the way had been Americans enemies in the past but had become allies in the war against Islamic terror sponsoring nations. Hundreds of thousand are dead. Tens of millions are migrants. Hillary is affectionately called the butcher of Libya by the Libyan people whom we again bombed into submission to install an Islamic Republic.

Surprised you missed these ones as there are quite a few more sins of America like this in the 20th and 21st century.

Upvote 0