Time Travel (click here for exciting posts)

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
In honor of my friend Austin - I decided to do a random thread in his respects.

Time Travel - would you do it or not?

Do you believe in the "Back to the Future" theory, the "The Time Machine" by H. G. Wells or the "Star Trek" theory that you can use time travel when to make the plot more fun and complete in 44 minutes.

Discuss ^_^

God Bless,
Drew

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I LOVE time travel theories.

It all depends on quantum tunneling and time dilation, which relates back to Einstein's theory of relativity.

Quantum tunneling is the same method that electrons use to jump from one side of an atom to the other instantaneously. If you could harness that for time travel you could supposedly jump from 2011 to any point in time (or the universe for that matter) without physically having to travel that distance. With time dilation you would have to be able to travel at the speed of light until time slows down for you. If you could harness the two together I guess anything's possible, although they're just theories that are hard to test. I've always heard scientists talk about harnessing the power of wormholes and black holes but that's a pretty tough and dangerous theory to test.

Michael Crichton's "Timeline" (a great book that was turned into a horrible movie) used something called quantum foam to send people back in time. However, multiple trips ended up messing with their molecular structure.

Or you could subscribe to the theory that time is cyclical and simply repeats (Futurama did a great episode all about this). I would love to time travel simply to fix my own life. And kill Hitler, which is what they did in Futurama. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetDee
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
757609629_508f24829d.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Forget the time travel, I just want a DeLorean!

This. And the only thing I'd use time travel for is to go back in time, see the original Star Wars trilogy on the big screen, and re-watch good movies in theaters.

Also, I'd rather go to Jurassic Park than travel through time. Time travel normally results in an annoying predestination paradox, or you some how end up being your own grandfather.

Upvote 0