time of the gentiles...

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
The phrase "Times of the Gentiles" he's referring to is found only in one place:
Luke 21:24 (KJV) — And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
We're told that the Times of the Gentiles will not end until Jerusalem is no longer ruled by other nations. But when will this interference finally end? Perhaps when Israel receives undisputed sovereignty over Jerusalem and the Temple Mount. I found a key related verse mentioning Jerusalem being trampled or trodden:
Revelation 11:2 (NIV) — But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.
So we see clearly that the Times of the Gentiles, or the nations in Hebrew, trampling Jerusalem as defined by Luke is not over until the 42 months of the Great Tribulation are finished. After this point all the nations of the Earth will serve God and eventually ratify his Torah as Zechariah 14 tells us:
Zechariah 14:16 Then all the survivors from the nations that came against Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of Hosts, and to celebrate the Festival of Booths. 17 Should any of the families of the earth not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of Hosts, rain will not fall on them. 18 And if the people of Egypt will not go up and enter, then rain will not fall on them; this will be the plague the Lord inflicts on the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Booths. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Booths.
We see that once the trodding or trampling on Jerusalem ends with the defeat of the armies at Armageddon on the Day of the Lord, nations will still be visiting Jerusalem. Only this time they will be doing so to keep the Feast of Tabernacles or Booths or Sukkot in Hebrew. The Feast of Sukkot is one of three pilgrimage feasts required by the Torah in Leviticus 23. Clearly just as Jeremiah 31 says, the Torah will be reinstated with the New Covenant at that time. I understand that only the Old Covenant was done away (because of both Israel and Judah breaking it), but the Torah, or God's "instructions," will be taught and required again when the New Covenant with Israel and Judah of Jeremiah 31:31 is made. The difference, of course, will be that this time they will have God's spirit in them all, and a glorified, perfect, righteous immortal King Yeshua of Nazareth leading the One World Governement. Bring on the end of the Times of the Gentiles.

http://www.escapeallthesethings.com/times-of-the-gentiles-fulfilled.htm

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
hmm... interesting article find, vis!

so, are you (and that author) saying that the Time of the Gentiles lasts for only 42 months? it seems like that from how I read this:
Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
??

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
The gentiles worship the anti-christ, the great imitation of Jesus. The reason I use the name Jesus is because if HaSatan comes imitating Yeshua, it would confuse the gentiles. If HaSatan comes imitating Jesus the gentile world would bite. I think that HaStan does His great imitation during the 42 months that the witnesses are pointing at him and telling the world he is the great phoney.

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
visionary said:
I understand that only the Old Covenant was done away (because of both Israel and Judah breaking it), but the Torah, or God's "instructions," will be taught and required again when the New Covenant with Israel and Judah of Jeremiah 31:31 is made. The difference, of course, will be that this time they will have God's spirit in them all, and a glorified, perfect, righteous immortal King Yeshua of Nazareth leading the One World Governement. Bring on the end of the Times of the Gentiles.

http://www.escapeallthesethings.com/times-of-the-gentiles-fulfilled.htm

i think i found the answer to my question in the witnessing thread, the one about the last supper and what was this covenant Jeshua made???

Upvote 0

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
The gentiles worship the anti-christ, the great imitation of Jesus. The reason I use the name Jesus is because if HaSatan comes imitating Yeshua, it would confuse the gentiles. If HaSatan comes imitating Jesus the gentile world would bite. I think that HaStan does His great imitation during the 42 months that the witnesses are pointing at him and telling the world he is the great phoney.

I'm confused Vis, where are the Jews during this time?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
Not since they have entered the temple to be priests with Yeshua.
Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
Thus fulfilling this prophectic statement.

Upvote 0