• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Thought I committed the unforgivable sin...

Jeshurun30

Mar 9, 2009
Columbus, Ohio, USA
✟7,658.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
When I was 17, my friends tried to force me to join a cult under threat of death. There was no way to PROVE they were in a chult, as they used a hidden form of communication to express their evil. I decided to get away from them, accepted that God could protect me from them, and became a Christian.

After I got saved, I found the same problems in the church I attended, so I quit going to church, dropped out of Bible college, and lived in my mom's basement with no job for 2 years. I came to believe that if I used money I would accidentally, against my will, be receiving the mark of the beast. The devil beat my mind into a pulp for 2 years until I eventually believed I needed to escape the world by fleeing to the mountains like Matthew 24 says, because of the abomination of desolation.

I never made it to the top of the mountain, though I tried quite a few times. Eventually, I gave up and tried to blaspheme the Holy Spirit to damn myself so I could go home, have sex, and eat Wendy's, like everybody else was doing.

After being hospitalized for BiPolar disorder, I sought God again, and God finally showed me I had done nothing UNFORGIVABLE. He said if I was on His side, I was with Him, and He would forgive my foolish words. Over the years, because of doubt, I went back and forth from righteous living to unrighteous living. Eventually, faith kicked in and I became a witness without fear, and now I live a good life.

I know I am not going to hell, and I don't blaspheme along with the world, and I look forward and know I am going to heaven every day. I live a very victorious life now. My name is Matt. I live in Ohio.

If you have had similar experiences or want to talk to me, message me, <edit> with the subject line, "True Christian".

There are so many evil people in this world posing as Christians that it is sometimes hard to know who you can trust, so I look all over for people like me. One day, I want to be a preacher in churches and share what I have learned in my life and my passion for the Word of God. God is so good, and there is nothing impossible with Him, even using money in a Babylonian system, supporting yourself, and taking care of yourself byt eh grace of God. You don't have to blaspheme to live a prosperous life, and this I have learned well. I have my own apartment and a good living right now, and I search for others to help along in getting over the schemes of the enemy.

Please contact or write back to my thread. Thank you and God bless you with all sincerity. Amen.

- Matthew Downey

:hi:

Last edited by a moderator:

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you are not damned. hey, i'm dee. satan comminted the unforgiveable sin. we know so little about being blasphmy-damned, because the scriptures are so vague and small on the topic, but we tons of scriptures on living inways that that please God.
i deduct from all the encouraging scriture, that satan knew God, the Holy Spirit, He blashemied ..... if you need to talk, please pm me, :hug: xo dee

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lifting you up in prayer!

There are many things you said that I completely agree with. For example, this financial system we live under...I loathe money. In fact, I started my own business (home-based embroidery) so that I could have the option to trade services/goods instead of always dealing in money.

Most things in life are good or bad depending on how we look at them. So, where money is concerned...give it to God. Anything the devil uses to do us harm, God can turn it around for our blessing. Sadly, the devil has had many years to study human nature and knows that our carnal, sinful nature is to be greedy and possessive...so he made a way that exploits that, to the downfall of many. But, God knows that we can't pay our utilities or buy groceries by trade and have to use the Babylonian system of money. So, as long as we honor God with His provision, even if it is money, then He honors and blesses us.

Now, as far as churches go, you are absolutely right. My experience is the same as yours. I've found that some of the most rude, gossipy, hateful, spiteful, holier-than-thou, judgmental, clique-y people are sitting in church pews. It has essentially become a feel-good, I'm-ok-you're-ok, free country club atmosphere.

BUT, there are a few who are actually worshipping God and when you join together with them, it is INTENSE! God is SO there that tears stream down my face continually with love and gratitude to God during the entire worship part of the service. (and of course, people send over their judgmental glances or gossip about why tears are rolling down my face)
So, if you meet someone who loves God as much as you do, worship God together with them.

Life is an awakening. There are things you understand at age 30 that you did not understand at 20. Likewise, things at 40 that you didn't understand at 30, etc.

We constantly strive for balance in a fallen world. I believe that people who sometimes get depressed, (while some could have a chemical imbalance), can imagine how perfect and wonderful life could be and know it's just out there waiting for us, then have to turn around from that perfect vision and struggle in this nightmare. The only solution is to strive for balance until God calls us to Him.

So, eat as healthy as you possible can...lots of fruits and veggies and water, keep the vision of perfection in mind, knowing it's not far away and get close to God, praising and worshipping Him in love, who blesses us with His supernatural powers and Spirit as a deposit guaranteeing the future that is in store for us. Keep seeking and learning.

We can't stop living IN this world but that doesn't mean we can't keep finding ways to get further away from it in every aspect of life.

May God richly bless you as you seek Him!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lifting you up in prayer!

There are many things you said that I completely agree with. For example, this financial system we live under...I loathe money. In fact, I started my own business (home-based embroidery) so that I could have the option to trade services/goods instead of always dealing in money.

Most things in life are good or bad depending on how we look at them. So, where money is concerned...give it to God. Anything the devil uses to do us harm, God can turn it around for our blessing. Sadly, the devil has had many years to study human nature and knows that our carnal, sinful nature is to be greedy and possessive...so he made a way that exploits that, to the downfall of many. But, God knows that we can't pay our utilities or buy groceries by trade and have to use the Babylonian system of money. So, as long as we honor God with His provision, even if it is money, then He honors and blesses us.

Now, as far as churches go, you are absolutely right. My experience is the same as yours. I've found that some of the most rude, gossipy, hateful, spiteful, holier-than-thou, judgmental, clique-y people are sitting in church pews. It has essentially become a feel-good, I'm-ok-you're-ok, free country club atmosphere.

BUT, there are a few who are actually worshipping God and when you join together with them, it is INTENSE! God is SO there that tears stream down my face continually with love and gratitude to God during the entire worship part of the service. (and of course, people send over their judgmental glances or gossip about why tears are rolling down my face)
So, if you meet someone who loves God as much as you do, worship God together with them.

Life is an awakening. There are things you understand at age 30 that you did not understand at 20. Likewise, things at 40 that you didn't understand at 30, etc.

We constantly strive for balance in a fallen world. I believe that people who sometimes get depressed, (while some could have a chemical imbalance), can imagine how perfect and wonderful life could be and know it's just out there waiting for us, then have to turn around from that perfect vision and struggle in this nightmare. The only solution is to strive for balance until God calls us to Him.

So, eat as healthy as you possible can...lots of fruits and veggies and water, keep the vision of perfection in mind, knowing it's not far away and get close to God, praising and worshipping Him in love, who blesses us with His supernatural powers and Spirit as a deposit guaranteeing the future that is in store for us. Keep seeking and learning.

We can't stop living IN this world but that doesn't mean we can't keep finding ways to get further away from it in every aspect of life.

May God richly bless you as you seek Him!

Words of wisdom and words of truth, I endorse all of the above especially about Church people often just being a club for lets feel good together judging the other, sadly such is my experience as well.

However good, God loving Christian are always around, they are just more quiet, busy loving God and people, and truly do worship God and not fine words and clothing!

I know first hand that God fearing fellowship is hard to find.

Be blessed
:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anthony100

Sep 19, 2009
United Kingdom
✟15,208.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The concept of the unpardonable sin has always puzzled me even though I've read many different interpretations of what it might mean.

My understanding is that the Holy Spirit brings conviction of sin, and therefore whilst sin against Jesus is forgivable, the deliberate sin against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable because the person guilty of that sin will never believe and repent.

It is similar to other passages in the New Testament where committed Christians apostatised and rejected the revelation of Christ given to them by the Holy Spirit.

Therefore if anyone is a believer in Christ and the gospel, they have not committed that sin.

Upvote 0