May 13, 2006
✟17,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is for nobody in particular, just a reminder (which I think is really needed in "theology" forums).

Some people acquire knowledge and then forget that they used to be ignorant and then start to call others stupid (in a manner of attitude).

I just wanted to remind everybody to be humble about the knowledge that God has given you.

Knowledge without love just puffs up a person, makes him unpleasant. You were given knowledge with a purpose of helping others, not for boosting your ego.

But if you have love in your heart, you will be able to share this knowledge in a humble and gentle manner, always remembering that you used to be in the place of ignorance at some point. And it is not of yourself that you got out of it, so that no one would boast, it's a gift of God. And that's why Paul said that love is most important. Because without love, knowledge just puffs up (and doesn't serve to the building up of others)

1CO 8:1 ...Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.

One person to whom God reveals special knowledge said that Jesus told him this:

Tell them what I tell you in order that they know and grow, but never use My knowledge to better yourself. Remain as you are: humble. And teach with a gentle Sprit as I do.

Remember, the gift of knowledge was given to you by God: consider yourself lucky. But use it for God, not for your ego boosting. Don't use it for sounding better in arguments, use it for bringing people closer to God. Make sure the goal of your arguments is not: who is right and who is wrong, but "will this help the other person in some way or not"?

God bless

Reactions: Celticflower

fwiwwl

SINNER
Nov 7, 2005
✟1,258.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is for nobody in particular, just a reminder (which I think is really needed in "theology" forums).

Some people acquire knowledge and then forget that they used to be ignorant and then start to call others stupid (in a manner of attitude).

I just wanted to remind everybody to be humble about the knowledge that God has given you.

Knowledge without love just puffs up a person, makes him unpleasant. You were given knowledge with a purpose of helping others, not for boosting your ego.

But if you have love in your heart, you will be able to share this knowledge in a humble and gentle manner, always remembering that you used to be in the place of ignorance at some point. And it is not of yourself that you got out of it, so that no one would boast, it's a gift of God. And that's why Paul said that love is most important. Because without love, knowledge just puffs up (and doesn't serve to the building up of others)

1CO 8:1 ...Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.

One person to whom God reveals special knowledge said that Jesus told him this:

Tell them what I tell you in order that they know and grow, but never use My knowledge to better yourself. Remain as you are: humble. And teach with a gentle Sprit as I do.

Remember, the gift of knowledge was given to you by God: consider yourself lucky. But use it for God, not for your ego boosting. Don't use it for sounding better in arguments, use it for bringing people closer to God. Make sure the goal of your arguments is not: who is right and who is wrong, but "will this help the other person in some way or not"?

God bless

Wow, I really needed that! That seemed to be from God, Truly.

Upvote 0