Thongs VS Jandals

Jandals or Thongs!!

• Jandals

• Thongs???

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
W

WESTERNdeitySIXmoths

you are correct regarding "thongs", regardless of what people who "are proud to be AUSSIE OI OI OI etc." say

according to urbandictionary, "jandals" exist in new zealand, and new zealand doesn't matter

flip-flops in california?

it's a silly discussion because cool people neither wear them nor come from/ go to california

now lets all zone out

Upvote 0

icarusforde

I'm really good at breaking things.
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2008
New Zealand
✟173,523.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
you are correct regarding "thongs", regardless of what people who "are proud to be AUSSIE OI OI OI etc." say

according to urbandictionary, "jandals" exist in new zealand, and new zealand doesn't matter

the appropriate term is recreational footwear

now lets all zone out

Its just cause you cant handle the jandal.... :p

Upvote 0

HazelAngel

A New Zealander that is proud of her country
May 13, 2007
Watching a Disney Movie
✟25,039.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It depends which country you are from, New Zealand or Australia. k2svpete its correctly spelt Jandal :) Yes, the g-string or thong ... its a pair of underwear ... people in NZ sometimes call the G-String the thong. I know thats easy for you auzzies to think that its a thong and the jandal is just something else. Us kiwis call them Jandals or thongs ... thats the truth ;)

HazelAngel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

procrastin8nturtle

Unbaptized Witness
Dec 15, 2008
✟15,549.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Married
Aren't thongs the same a g~strings? I do know one thing they have in common, discomfort! If my husband didn't complain, I'd stick to the good ol' granny panties :)

lol lol I just looked up what a Jandal is... It's a shoe!!!!!!!!! I thought it was a type of underwear. We call them flip flops or just flops. I was thinking "aren't they all the same... uncomfortable panties that ride up your crack!" As you can figure here in the US, when someone says thong, it's the same as g~string. good grief! lol :o

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NathanHocking

Mar 2, 2008
Adelaide
✟15,494.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Definitions of Thong:

• The braided part of the flexible bit of the whip.
  • A thong is a thin strip of leather or other material used to lash things together.
I believe both of these definitions existed before the underwear or footwear, therefore neither can be rightfully called a thong over the other.... great moot discussion by the way!:)
^ not sarcasm

Upvote 0

procrastin8nturtle

Unbaptized Witness
Dec 15, 2008
✟15,549.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Married
I call them thongs, but my friend who grew up in New Zealand says they are jandals.

When I was on holidays in the US a few years ago some dude commented on my flip-flops!

We call our up scale open shoes sandals (nice flip flops), just one letter off from your jandals, but our casual everyday is flops :)

Upvote 0