Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Because you all deserve to know.

It always has to be so simplistic for some people...

Basically, pro-lifers have never required a plan to stop abortion, so they have never been given one. It's always been sufficient for pro-lifers to just elect people who have similar "philosophy" but no plan to do anything with it.

So here we are today, with a guy who wants to give states the right to protect abortion on demand, and all the pro-lifers are rallying behind him. 24 months ago they were all rallying behind the idea of a constitutional amendment to solve it at the federal level.
Pro-lifers are basically going to take whatever the republican party says is the best way to solve abortion and claim that its their idea and now the best way to solve abortion. Like parrots without ideas, pro-lifers are insincere as a group, and totally very much like a cult when one doesn't fall in line.

Enter people like me, who research the issue and form opinions using critical thinking. I'm not alone, there are lots of people like me, fed up with the only fruit of pro-life being lots of republicans in office and nothing more.
If pro-life was about saving babies, I'd be continuing to work with the group, but as it is pro-life doesn't stand for anything but electing republicans and using the issue to making anyone who doesn't elect republicans feel guilty over it.

Pro-lifers are so tactical in their approach that they can't see the problem here, with not recognizing the efforts people like me want to take to stop abortion - I don't believe making abortion illegal will solve the problem, and there is ZERO data indicating that it will either. There is no strategic plan by pro-lifers to address the issue of what we do after enacting laws that send women and abortions underground. What next? Republicans would answer "who cares? as long as it doesn't cost me any money" or at least that is my impression, as someone who voted for republicans all my life and towed the line and feel very much in touch with the group.

Solving abortion is going to take serious effort, way beyond simply putting laws in place.
I'd encourage you to read this study: http://www.thirdway.org/data/product...f_abortion.pdf
It shows who gets abortions and why they get them.
The study isn't perfect, but it does show how ineffective laws against abortion are.

Many may not agree with that post and that's fine, there are parts of it that I don't agree with - but it doesn't violate any rules. This was a garbage call gainst a well-respected and longstanding member of (and former staffer on) this forum.

Reactions: geocajun
Status
Not open for further replies.