Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Source: CCC on TikTok

Dialogue:

Atheist: Earth is 6000 years old according to the bible. But science is proving its millions and billions of years old. And you still believe in God??

Christian: God created Adam on the 6th day, so if I say on the 7th day, Adam is 1 day old, technically it’s true right?

But according to Science he’s an adult.
How is he 1 day old and yet a full grown man?

Because God created him like that with an inbuilt age and the same with this whole universe.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Source: CCC on TikTok

Dialogue:

Atheist: Earth is 6000 years old according to the bible. But science is proving its millions and billions of years old. And you still believe in God??

Christian: God created Adam on the 6th day, so if I say on the 7th day, Adam is 1 day old, technically it’s true right?

But according to Science he’s an adult.
How is he 1 day old and yet a full grown man?

Because God created him like that with an inbuilt age and the same with this whole universe.
A human has rings within their bones, just like a tree.
Did Adam have year rings like the rest of us? If we were to find Adam's bones and count the rings indicating he was 960, 30(?) years older than his recorded age (930), would we be wrong to assume what we saw? What else in the universe has an inbuilt truth that appears to be a lie? Did God build lies into His creation for the sole purpose of tricking us into thinking it was older than it is? Did He "cook the books" like a deceitful accountant to deceive us? If He, as the almighty and all-wise God, wanted to deceive and trick us, He certainly could. But would He then condemn us for falling for His almighty ruse?

Deuteronomy 32:4 KJV
4. He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

I believe He is just and right. He is truth and without iniquity.

Psalms 33:4 KJV
4. For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

His creation is what it looks like it is. His creative work was done in truth, not a clever lie designed to deceive. He does not lie in word or deed. He would not deceive us and then hold us accountable for believing His clever lie. We, after all, are just little children who believe in our Father, who would never set a clever trap before our feet, knowing that we (as innocent trusting children) will surely fall into it, and then be angry at us when we do.
God does not lie in word or deed. If there is an intentional contradiction between His words and deeds, which is the lie? If I hand you a 5-dollar bill and tell you it is 10 dollars, which is a lie?
In the end, He never said the earth is only 6000 years old. That is an invention of men who think they know what they are talking about. Well-meaning, I suppose, but just wrong. I think that those who hold to the 6000-year theory are good, faithful Christians. I commend them for their desire to be faithful to God. I just think they are seeing this wrong. Well-meaning... but wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Simplify simplify simplify. Trusting science, right or wrong, is wrong. If science is right, it is still bringing a curse to trust science. If science is wrong, is even worse, but at least if not trusting science, no curse for that.
It is not really science that says this. It is the observation of your own eyes. If you cut down a tree and count 100 rings, we can, with child-like faith, believe the tree is about 100 years old. It is not "science" that we are trusting. It is our own eyes and minds and common sense. We trust our eyes daily with every step we take and every act we make. It is not evil or wrong to do so. That is why God gave us eyes, so we would not be wandering around blind and in constant danger of falling into a pit. But the word says that whatever you do, do it in faith toward the Lord. So, I do not condemn those who believe the earth is young. If they do it in faith in God, that is good and acceptable. I wish they would have the same charity toward those who have faith in God and hold to the old earth concept. I believe in God and trust Him in this life and for the next. I just see creation differently.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Simplify simplify simplify. Trusting science, right or wrong, is wrong. If science is right, it is still bringing a curse to trust science. If science is wrong, is even worse, but at least if not trusting science, no curse for that.
You need to smash your computer and your car, everything with which science has contaminated you.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible says so. Sorry you don't. Sorry you listen to /learn from/ whoever.
You know almost nothing about me. What gives you the arrogance to pass such a judgement?

Reactions: nightmares
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did not guess. I did not read your mind.
No.
You posted your ideas. Simple. Wrong (according to Scripture). Fatal maybe? That's all up to God, right? His Word, what He Says? .
How so?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You think this is true and in line with all Scripture ?!
Faith is the evidence of things NOT seen. Faith is not the denial of things that are. That kind of "faith" results in things like the flat earth theory and men having babies. We do believe in things that happened, but we were not there to see them, like the resurrection of Jesus. I was not at the open tomb that morning, but I believe He rose and sits at the right hand of the Father even as we speak. I was not there at the moment of Gen 1:1, but I believe He created the heavens and the earth. That is faith. But to look at the strata of the Grand Canyon, to see its intermingling layers and changing composition that could only have happened over millions if not billions of years, and to say it all happened over a period of weeks during the great flood? That is not faith. Many layers of sedimentary rock were covered over by igneous rock and then covered over again with many layers of sedimentary rock. That did not happen in the great flood. The earth had to be dry when that layer of igneous rock (lava) was laid down. (I do believe in the great flood, too, even tho I was not there to witness it.) I most certainly do believe the bible account that God created all of this and also that there was a great flood. But I do not see where creation occurred 6000 years ago or that all natural formations are the result of the flood. I do commend those who believe these things in faith. That is fine. It is good to have faith. And I would not dissuade anyone from standing in faith. Thank the Lord.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, I do not condemn those who believe the earth is young. If they do it in faith in God, that is good and acceptable. I wish they would have the same charity toward those who have faith in God and hold to the old earth concept. I believe in God and trust Him in this life and for the next. I just see creation differently.
Sometimes the very existence of a counter view seems threatening and cannot be tolerated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JeffP

Oct 6, 2023
Detroit
✟1,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm having a difficult time finding any passages that support your science=curse statement. Perhaps it's from Genesis? Eating from the tree of knowledge? Perhaps its Proverbs 3:5? Or maybe 2 Corinthians 5:7? If we have the ability to understand and interpret the world around us, isn't that a gift from God?

Within various theological frameworks and religious texts, including the Bible, the ability of humans to understand, interpret, and engage with the world is often attributed to God.

Several passages and narratives underscore the belief that human intellect, understanding, and capacities are endowed by the divine. Here’s a look at some Biblical passages and concepts that support this perspective:

1. Creation in God’s Image

Genesis 1:26-27:
“Then God said, ‘Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.’ So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.”

Interpretation: Humans being made in God’s image is often understood as being endowed with capacities such as reason, morality, creativity, and the ability to relate to others and to God.

2. Wisdom and Understanding

Proverbs 2:6:
"For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding."

Interpretation: Wisdom, knowledge, and understanding are seen as gifts from God and are to be sought after and valued.

3. Human Capacity for Knowledge

James 1:5:
“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”

Interpretation: God is portrayed as a generous giver of wisdom to those who seek it.

4. Intellectual and Artistic Abilities

Exodus 31:3-5:
"And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills— to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

Interpretation: God is described as endowing individuals with various intellectual and artistic abilities, here specifically in the context of building the Tabernacle.

5. Language and Communication

Acts 2:4-6:
"All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken."

Interpretation: God is seen as enabling communication and understanding, even across linguistic barriers.

The Bible shares that God gives people the ability to think, learn, and understand the world. Some people who believe in God also think that learning about our world, including through science, is a special way to explore and appreciate God’s creation. So, it's like using the thinking abilities, which they believe God gave them, to explore and celebrate the world God made. There's a variety of thoughts on how science and faith fit together, but lots of folks find ways to embrace both.

Here is an example of universal understanding of a scientific concept that I don't think brings a curse:

The Bible doesn't talk about germs and bacteria since these concepts were developed long after the texts were written. However, it does include various laws and practices related to cleanliness, isolating the sick, and handling waste that align with what we now understand about preventing the spread of diseases.

For instance, in the Old Testament:

• Leviticus 13:45-46: "Anyone with such a defiling disease must wear torn clothes, let their hair be unkempt, cover the lower part of their face and cry out, 'Unclean! Unclean!' As long as they have the disease they remain unclean. They must live alone; they must live outside the camp."
  • Deuteronomy 23:12-13: "Designate a place outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement."
Though these practices were largely based on ritual purity and societal norms of the time, from a modern perspective, they can be seen as aligning with principles of hygiene and disease prevention. In contemporary times, understanding bacteria, viruses, and the importance of hygiene is fundamental and widely accepted due to the scientific knowledge we have today. Such understanding helps in maintaining health and preventing disease, not bringing any form of curse but rather contributing to societal well-being.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Atheist: Earth is 6000 years old according to the bible. But science is proving its millions and billions of years old.
The Bible is a history of he last 6,000 years. Only Genesis Chapter one talks about what happens before 4000 BC when Adam and Eve began the Civilized world we live in. The world was a different place before Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden. So the modern world as we know it did begin 6,000 years ago.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're too late. (computers, cars, all contamination of science) = Already destined for destruction. God's Way. (not Catholic way)
Still using the products of science while badmouthing its source. Hypocrisy,much?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think Jesus says someplace directly not to trust what we can see with our physical eyes, nor to trust what we hear with our physical ears, rather always abide in Christ and trust all that the Heavenly Creator Reveals totally trusting Him moment by moment, always.
So you ignore the red light and step in front of a bus. Requiescat in pace.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Faith is not the denial of things that are. That kind of "faith" results in things like the flat earth theory and men having babies.
Yep.

We do believe in things that happened, but we were not there to see them, like the resurrection of Jesus. I was not at the open tomb that morning, but I believe He rose and sits at the right hand of the Father even as we speak. I was not there at the moment of Gen 1:1, but I believe He created the heavens and the earth. That is faith.
Well said.

But to look at the strata of the Grand Canyon, to see its intermingling layers and changing composition that could only have happened over millions if not billions of years, and to say it all happened over a period of weeks during the great flood? That is not faith. Many layers of sedimentary rock were covered over by igneous rock and then covered over again with many layers of sedimentary rock. That did not happen in the great flood. The earth had to be dry when that layer of igneous rock (lava) was laid down. (I do believe in the great flood, too, even tho I was not there to witness it.) I most certainly do believe the bible account that God created all of this and also that there was a great flood. But I do not see where creation occurred 6000 years ago or that all natural formations are the result of the flood. I do commend those who believe these things in faith. That is fine. It is good to have faith. And I would not dissuade anyone from standing in faith. Thank the Lord.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible is a history of he last 6,000 years. Only Genesis Chapter one talks about what happens before 4000 BC when Adam and Eve began the Civilized world we live in. The world was a different place before Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden. So the modern world as we know it did begin 6,000 years ago.
I used to believe that Adam and Eve was the start of mankind but who did Cain marry, the Neanderthals? Modern science has found that the homo sapiens DNA is around 200,000 years old. Now I'm leaning toward the gap theory. I personally believe the story of Adam and Eve was the start of Jesus's bloodline. Someday I'll know when I meet the Lord.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I used to believe that Adam and Eve was the start of mankind but who did Cain marry, the Neanderthals? Modern science has found that the homo sapiens DNA is around 200,000 years old. Now I'm leaning toward the gap theory. I personally believe the story of Adam and Eve was the start of Jesus's bloodline. Someday I'll know when I meet the Lord.

Upvote 0