Visit site
✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The cost of living in Los Angeles is ridiculous.My mom's house is 3BR 2 B 1,500 SGft. and it's worth $850,000.Our house would probably be $150,000 in any other state, but here in California it's almost a million dollar house.

It is almost impossible for somebody like me to start afresh and live here comfortably. That is why I am thinking of finishing my college education here, and perhaps moving to a less costly city which still has plenty of career opportunities that fits with my major(Finances).

However, I don't know where to go. I also am unsure when I should go. The only reason I want to leave is because I want to raise a family in comfortably.

I also don't know where,how,and when I will meet somebody. I am unsure if leaving will jeopardize/delay/hinder me finding "her." (as corny as they may should :p ).

dbot

Jul 15, 2005
✟770.00
Faith
Christian
If you're looking for somewhere to move, might I recommend Ft. Worth, TX

I grew up there, and that city is expanding pretty good. Plus there's a lot of more room to expand, so by the time you graduate college, there should be plenty of job opportunities. Plus its a pretty safe city (compared to neighboring Dallas, anyway).

Upvote 0

ChristsDisciple

Sep 11, 2006
✟7,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know how you feel! My mum rents the house we are living in, but i want to own a house. Trying to do that where I live and being this young is impossible. I was looking on the internet the other day, and moving up North into our Countryside is dirt cheap compared to the city. This kinda amazes me in a way, cos the houses are amazing, the days and nights quiet and the crimes levels pretty much non-existant! I know where im moving when the time is right!

Upvote 0

sinneD

Jan 21, 2007
Dallas, Texas
✟15,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you're looking for somewhere to move, might I recommend Ft. Worth, TX

I grew up there, and that city is expanding pretty good. Plus there's a lot of more room to expand, so by the time you graduate college, there should be plenty of job opportunities. Plus its a pretty safe city (compared to neighboring Dallas, anyway).
And you forgot to mention that Texas has no state income tax :)

Upvote 0

LuminousFive

Nov 14, 2005
Heidelberg, Germany
✟268.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You should check out Austin, TX... I don't know if you are into live music, but there is a great music scene out there. It also has a lot of natural beauty, natural places to swim and play outside. There are some great churches there... Austin Stone Community Church, Hyde Park Baptist etc. There are a whole lot of young families there and with 50,000 college students at the university of Texas its easy to meet people in the 18-26 age range. The city is pretty safe, although I try to stay west of interstate 35 as the majority of crime happens on the east side. The city has so much culture and quirky-ness. Anywho... thats my 2 cents.

PS Goodness I miss Austin

Upvote 0