FrequencyDX

Jun 4, 2010
Scotland
✟7,701.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
After a period of having no direction within my christian life church wise, I feel I've been led towards attending mass at the Scottish Episcopal church, in the Catholic tradition. I was raised Catholic myself, and up until a few weeks ago would have attended a Catholic church weekly. But after being put down and made feel generally uneasy by an RC priest whom I've known for years, I've decided to stop attending the RCC, as I'm sick to death of trying to reconcile my progressive, left-wing views with a church that demands obedience to the letter.

I was lost for a period of time, and then I remembered an Episcopal church I had previously attended one easter, and felt drawn to attend mass there, which I did yesterday. And what I found made me feel right at home; celebration of the sacraments, veneration of the saints and mary, candles, statues, a proper Catholic liturgy, holy water, and pretty much everything I would expect to find in a RC church. The priest said a wonderful thing that rung true with me during the mass, he said "that there is no place for fear in love"...I liked that.

So I sat and had a conversation with the priest afterwards, told him about my situation, and I learned about the progressive views of the Episcopal church, and it's general openess to a variety of opinions within its congregants. This has made me greatly happy, and helped me to feel more at home with myself and my faith. And I hope and pray that this is what God has directed me towards in my life, and pray my attendance there lasts.

Drax

Dominate
Oct 6, 2010
✟8,531.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
And I hope and pray that this is what God has directed me towards in my life, and pray my attendance there lasts.

We'll pray along with you! Welcome to the family! :D

When I am in Scotland, I go to a fantastic Scots Episcopal Church in Edinburgh - St Paul's and St George's. It was a wrench not to go to my childhood church but I wish I had discovered this one when I was a student.

I have a friend who has worshiped at that very parish. He said it was incredible!

Upvote 0

RadixLecti

Mar 14, 2006
✟16,213.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
When I am in Scotland, I go to a fantastic Scots Episcopal Church in Edinburgh - St Paul's and St George's. It was a wrench not to go to my childhood church but I wish I had discovered this one when I was a student.

Is there an "evangelical" wing of the Scottish Episcopal Church in similar to the one found in the C of E?

Upvote 0