think before you judge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pinkhibiscus

always an important message.

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts.Hereare the facts about the three candidates. Who would you vote for?

Candidate A.
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B.
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks anoccasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be our choice?Decide first... no peeking, then scroll down for the response.

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.Candidate B is Winston Churchill.Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think before judging someone.

Happy Easter everyone.

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Only in Canada do we know the TRUE meaning of politics:

POLI , from Latin, meaning MANY

and TICKS, meaning BLOOD SUCKING CREATURES :p

lol that sounds like what texas seperatists say lol

Upvote 0

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts.Hereare the facts about the three candidates. Who would you vote for?

Candidate A.
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B.
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks anoccasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be our choice?Decide first... no peeking, then scroll down for the response.

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.Candidate B is Winston Churchill.Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

Happy Easter everyone.

You can bring out the good and the bad in every man or woman.

It is the how true are they to the living God and publically that make them the man or woman they are.

Christ IS Risen!

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Choice two is the one that I can identify with the most. Just on the issue of character, he is the one that I would have voted for, even if I didn't know the punchline before hand. Likely his whiskey was Scotch rather than the superior Canadian products such as Canadian Club, but I can't hold that against him too much.

As far ascrystal ball gazers and vegetarians go, there is not too much that I can relate with on a personal level there. Way too new age for this cowboy.

The part I don't understand though, didn't Hitler commit suicide with his mistress in that bunker? If he wasn't cheating on his wife with her, does that mean he wasn't even married?

Upvote 0

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Candidate A.

Candidate B.

Candidate C

Happy Easter everyone.
Here is my answer, and I have not peeked yet:

The facts are irrelevant. I will not choose a leader on their basis. What I want to know is the political savvy, the social views, and the leadership qualities.

Upvote 0

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Choice two is the one that I can identify with the most. Just on the issue of character, he is the one that I would have voted for, even if I didn't know the punchline before hand. Likely his whiskey was Scotch rather than the superior Canadian products such as Canadian Club, but I can't hold that against him too much.

As far ascrystal ball gazers and vegetarians go, there is not too much that I can relate with on a personal level there. Way too new age for this cowboy.

The part I don't understand though, didn't Hitler commit suicide with his mistress in that bunker? If he wasn't cheating on his wife with her, does that mean he wasn't even married?
No, he was never married before... and he married her a few hours before they committed suicide.... (interesting last-minute sentimentalism, no?)

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
No, he was never married before... and he married her a few hours before they committed suicide.... (interesting last-minute sentimentalism, no?)
So for the two or so hours they were married, he never cheated on his wife.:D

Actually, the worst of this is, I can think of a friend or two that i've known, and even this would have been something of an accomplishment for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MaideninWaiting

Jan 10, 2007
✟8,056.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have to agree with what someone said above. I need to know more than what was briefly put down for each candidate. It doesn't tell me nearly enough. And more than that, I would have to see the full facts for myself instead of taking someone's else word. So I didn't vote for any of them.

Upvote 0

artjack

Jul 19, 2005
✟1,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
b sounds like he may have learnt the most, out of the three, he would bring most peace id say, what do the seceret leaders in control think of them all, Im not so sure we have any control in picking a leader, we are just going through the process id say and does it matter, give them what they want, they will still take your money and leave you poorer and make you feel like your richer, thats why I like b, why get up in the morning to make others richer and yourself poorer, he stays in bed.

Upvote 0

BillH

Be not afraid!
Apr 3, 2005
Columbia, South Carolina, USA
✟27,958.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And somehow Hitler always gets left off of PETA's lists of famous vegetarians. :)

Anyhow, it's always good to be reminded that we shouldn't vote for somebody on the basis of personality alone. Reminds me of a bumper sticker printed during the infamous David Duke/Edwin Edwards election for Lousiana governor -- "Vote for the crook, it's important."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.