Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Who is A. Wylie LL.D?

This is what I just found online.
If you Type in his name on Google search a lot will come up. I have read the whole work over the last few years, and its worth the time.
[
[SIZE=+2]www.jesus-is-lord.com][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2][ Who is [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]James A. Wylie?[/SIZE]I was so utterly impressed with the writings of Mr. J.A. Wylie that I wrote to the Bible Presbyterian Church asking for information on the man. What I received from them is the information you'll read on this page.
The following quote on J.A. Wylie is taken from a Publisher's Preface by Mourne Missionary Press:

"The Rev. James Aitken Wylie was for many years a leading Protestant spokesman. Born in Scotland in 1808, he was educated at Marischal College, Aberdeen and at St. Andrews; he entered the Original Seccession Divinity Hall, Edinburgh in 1827, and was ordained in 1831. Dr. Wylie became sub-editor of the Edinburgh Witness in 1846, and, after joining the Free Church of Scotland in 1852, edited the Free Church Record from 1852 until 1860. In 1860 he was appointed Lecturer on Popery at the Protestant Institute, a position he held until the year of his death. Aberdeen University awarded him the LL.D. in 1856.
"Dr. Wylie was a prolific writer on Protestant themes. In 1851 the Evangelical Alliance awarded him first prize for his writing The Papacy, which he submitted as his entry for a competition for the best essay on Popery.
"The writing for which Wylie is best known is his History of Protestantism which extends to nearly 2,000 pages and was first published in 1878."
Closing comments from Mr. Clouse of the Bible Presbyterian church--

By the way, there are 24 "books" in all, so there is much more to come. Amy Floyd, who works with me at Datastream, is helping to edit the chapters, and she hopes to accelerate the pace in the next few months. I have completed the scanning and initial editing of 11 of the books.
I am pleased that you are interested in the book. I am concerned about the advances being made by Rome and the decay of Protestantism. Rome's purpose, as given in the Pope's Encyclical (Ut Unam Sint, I believe it is), is to bring Protestantism back into the Roman Church in the year 2000. It appears that much of Protestantism is ripe for the harvest. Please feel free to distribute these materials as widely as possible.Thank you Mr. John Clouse, I will! ]

| Eternal Life | Hell is Real | The Gospel According to John || My Testimony |Why I Read the Authorized KJV Bible|| The Hymnal | Messianic Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus Christ || Epistle Dedicatory to the Authorized King James of 1611 |
[]

[Jesus Christ is the Only Way to God / Internet Bible Church ]

With love in Christ,
brother daniel

Upvote 0

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dear sister,
I am glad to be corrected concerning Jack Chick and Rivera.

The ana-baptist forum is bound to be controversial.
For Mennonites there should be their own forum.

The nature of the historical Ana-baptists including Menno Simons was much more radical than the present day Mennonites.

http://www.victorshepherd.on.ca/Heritage/menno.htm

Basically the Anabaptist's and neo Anabaptist's saw and see The Roman Catholic Church as full of error and to be avoided. The Lutheran and Calvinist evangelicals were also criticized for their marriage of Church and state.

The Jesuits, formed to counter the protestant reformation revived the Inquisition to be used against the Anabaptist's and other Protestants.

As a lad the Jesuits taught me to study,. They kicked me out of school before I learned anything else. I am still studying

The History of the Jesuits by J.A. Wylie LL.D.,
Excerpted from the massive 2 vol. History of Protestantism
http://www.bpc.org/reading_room/books/wylie/protestantism.html

[The eight years that elapsed between 1534 and 1542 are notable ones in the annals of Protestant Christianity. That epoch witnessed the birth of three movements, Which were destined to stamp a character upon the future of Europe, and powerfully to modify the conflict then in progress in Christendom. In 1534 the Jesuits recorded their first vow in the Church of Montmartre, in Paris. In 1540 their society was regularly launched by the Papal edict. In 1542, Paul III issued the bull for the re-establishment of the Inquisition; and in 1541 Calvin returned to Geneva, to prepare that spiritual army that was to wage battle with Jesuitism backed by the Inquisition.]

The following information has nothing to do with Chick or Rivera.

The History of the Jesuits by J.A. Wylie LL.D.,
Excerpted from the massive 2 vol. History of Protestantism

The History of the Jesuits Chapter 5
THE JESUIT TEACHING ON REGICIDE, MURDER, LYING, THEFT, ETC.

The lawfulness of killing excommunicated, that is Protestant, kings, the Jesuit writers have been at great pains to maintain, and by a great variety of arguments to defend and enforce. The proof is as abundant as it is painful. M. de la Chalotais reports to the Parliament of Bretagne, as the result of his examination of the laws and doctrines of the Jesuits, that on this point there is a complete and startling unanimity in their teaching. By the same logical track do the whole host of Jesuit writers arrive at the same terrible conclusion, the slaughter, namely, of the sovereign on whom the Pope has pronounced sentence of deposition. If he shall take meekly his extrusion from Power, and seek neither to resist nor revenge his being hurled from his throne, his life may be spared; but should "he persist in disobedience," says M. de la Chalotais, himself a Papist, and addressing a Popish Parliament, "he may be treated as a tyrant, in which case anybody may kill him.1 Such is the course of reasoning established by all authors of the society, who have written ex professo on these subjects—Bellarmine, Suarez, Molina, Mariana, Santarel—all the Ultramontanes without exception, since the establishment of the society."2

http://members.tripod.com/~dabz_2/Domain/thingsyouneverknew/jesuithistory/jesuits5.html
The History of the Jesuits Chapter 6
THE "SECRET INSTRUCTIONS" OF THE JESUITS.
http://members.tripod.com/~dabz_2/Domain/thingsyouneverknew/jesuithistory/jesuits6.html
The History of the Jesuits Chapter 7
JESUIT MANAGEMENT OF RICH WIDOWS AND THE HEIRS OF GREAT FAMILIES.
http://members.tripod.com/~dabz_2/Domain/thingsyouneverknew/jesuithistory/jesuits7.html

The History of the Jesuits Chapter 8
DIFFUSION OF THE JESUITS THROUGHOUT CHRISTENDOM.
http://members.tripod.com/~dabz_2/Domain/thingsyouneverknew/jesuithistory/jesuits8.html

The chapter above is important because it why I witnessed Roman Catholic liturgy and icons being introduced into a prosperus Mennonite Church in Virginia by a new young pastor.

This next chapter is important because it is linked to the the American Revolution and what the Jesuits were up with the Masons to while they were banshed from the Roman Catholic Church.

Jesuit Bishop John Carroll was the first American bishop and the founder of Georgetown University. He was a member of the prominent Carroll family -- his brother Daniel owned most of the land where the Capitol is now

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...constitution+Charles&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4

located and his brother, "Charles Carroll of Carollton", signed the Declaration of Independence.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...roll,+brother+Daniel&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3
This is the Jesuit and Masonic undercover Take over of America at the same time as they were taking over Masonic Germany under Frederick the Great and Russia under Cathrine The Great and Czar Paul

The History of the Jesuits Chapter 9
COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISES AND BANISHMENT.

http://members.tripod.com/~dabz_2/Domain/thingsyouneverknew/jesuithistory/jesuits9.html

Pope Benedict XVI was elected in April 2005, after the death of his predecessor Pope John Paul II. As head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith - once known as the Holy Office of the Inquisition - from 1981 until his election, the former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger had developed a reputation as a tough theologian.

Yet this tough theologian is seen kissing the Islamic Koran. And what does it prove? That the Pope is a secret Muslim maybe? That the Pope doesn’t believe in Jesus Christ maybe? That the Pope is a relativist, perhaps? A syncretist for sure? That all religions are one in the Pope’s mind? The Pope also kisses the ground upon landing in various countries on pastoral visits. A secret pantheist? Unlikely

Here is a Jesuit style argument for the Pope.
http://www.tcrnews2.com/genjp2000.html

Secrecy and secret societies is not the way of Jesus Christ
http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/masons.htm

As a disciple of Jesus Christ I suggest we all follow the example of the Ana-baptist Swiss brethren and return to the simple gospel of Jesus Christ and reject the winds of doctrine we have been exposed to.

The reliable source was a photo of the pope kissing kissing the Koran in the New York Times. I had a very viscrial reaction.

No doubt but .A. Wylie LL.D.,
2 vol. History of Protestantism is not a questionable source.

And I am grateful for you calling my attention to that.
We must separate the chaff from the wheat.

The Quaker Friends taught me to listen.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

This is what I just found online.
If you Type in his name on Google search a lot will come up. I have read the whole work over the last few years, and its worth the time.
[
[SIZE=+2]www.jesus-is-lord.com][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2][ Who is [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]James A. Wylie?[/SIZE]I was so utterly impressed with the writings of Mr. J.A. Wylie that I wrote to the Bible Presbyterian Church asking for information on the man. What I received from them is the information you'll read on this page.
The following quote on J.A. Wylie is taken from a Publisher's Preface by Mourne Missionary Press:

"The Rev. James Aitken Wylie was for many years a leading Protestant spokesman. Born in Scotland in 1808, he was educated at Marischal College, Aberdeen and at St. Andrews; he entered the Original Seccession Divinity Hall, Edinburgh in 1827, and was ordained in 1831. Dr. Wylie became sub-editor of the Edinburgh Witness in 1846, and, after joining the Free Church of Scotland in 1852, edited the Free Church Record from 1852 until 1860. In 1860 he was appointed Lecturer on Popery at the Protestant Institute, a position he held until the year of his death. Aberdeen University awarded him the LL.D. in 1856.
"Dr. Wylie was a prolific writer on Protestant themes. In 1851 the Evangelical Alliance awarded him first prize for his writing The Papacy, which he submitted as his entry for a competition for the best essay on Popery.
"The writing for which Wylie is best known is his History of Protestantism which extends to nearly 2,000 pages and was first published in 1878."
Closing comments from Mr. Clouse of the Bible Presbyterian church--

By the way, there are 24 "books" in all, so there is much more to come. Amy Floyd, who works with me at Datastream, is helping to edit the chapters, and she hopes to accelerate the pace in the next few months. I have completed the scanning and initial editing of 11 of the books.
I am pleased that you are interested in the book. I am concerned about the advances being made by Rome and the decay of Protestantism. Rome's purpose, as given in the Pope's Encyclical (Ut Unam Sint, I believe it is), is to bring Protestantism back into the Roman Church in the year 2000. It appears that much of Protestantism is ripe for the harvest. Please feel free to distribute these materials as widely as possible.Thank you Mr. John Clouse, I will! ]

| Eternal Life | Hell is Real | The Gospel According to John || My Testimony |Why I Read the Authorized KJV Bible|| The Hymnal | Messianic Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus Christ || Epistle Dedicatory to the Authorized King James of 1611 |

They first disciples of Jesus Christ and the Swiss Anabaptists were killed because of what they believed. We should expect the same treatment.

With love in Christ
brother daniel

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
Please do not hyphenate (ana-baptist) or use an internal capital (AnaBaptist) as these are offensive to some, implying that we are an offshoot of the Baptists on the other side of the English Channel, rather than they loosely related to the earlier Anabaptists on the continent.

Upvote 0

PeterWimsey

Feb 4, 2007
New York, NY
✟15,136.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I was raised among the Mennonites of Pennsylvania, and will support this forum with attendance and posts!

If ever we needed a witness to the "called out" nature of the Church, a refusal to be co-opted by wordly powers, and a brave commitment to being the salt and the light of the earth -this is the time.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
/// a man of peace. I am not too thrilled with ..., but if you are going to critique it use a realiable source.

Jack Chick clearly has some mental health issues and his sources are questionable to say the least.
***Jesus' own family thought for a time that he was mentally sick***
I'm glad chick tracts reach some people willing to have their eyes opened.

and, "of peace???"..... no way - totally deceptive.
and, "respect of who???" ....
do you mean Jesus should not have
told some leaders that they were sons of the devil but should have 'respected' them ????

[Yahweh respects no man, neither did/does Yahshua.]

Keeping quiet about the wicked one and his plans is
sometimes obedient.
Exposing the wicked one and his plans is
sometimes obedient.
But thinking the wicked ones ways are anything close to
Yahweh's is never obedient --,
at best simply tricked(as we all once were)...

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
I am still here.:wave:

I have just been rather busy working at church and doing some retraining.
I used to be active in B/A, but like tulc, have not been around since receiving the "left foot of fellowship." I've been thinking of coming back. I grew up in Mennonite Brethren churches and now belong to an Evangelical Friends church, so I find myself connected to Anabaptists and Quakers two different ways.

Vespasia, I don't think I know you. I see you are a Brit. Are you a Quaker or Brethren? Brethren are the only Anabaptists I know of in England.

:D Cool.:cool:

Don't want to lose everyone. Hope to see you back round again shortly.

Hello, CelticRose! :wave: Anabaptists and Quakers are quite a diverse group. Could you share a little more about yourself for the benefit of some of us who have been invited to come back?

I'd like to get to know some of the people who still hang out here. It seems like ZiSunka has issued an invitation for some of us who felt excluded to come back, and I'm interested in getting to know those who are here now. What other varieties of Anabaptists and Quakers do we have fellowshipping here?

Upvote 0
C

CelticRose

Hey, Liz. I've seen you round a bit at different times. I'm sorta in here 'cause I don't fit anywhere else. I choose to be Quaker; as part of a large, noisy household silence is such a blessing! :D As there is no meeting where I currently live I attend a non~denom church. While I can't say I'm always at home in here the 'fit' is better than in other forums & it is small enough I feel I'm getting to know people. Anything else you need to know?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
Hey, Liz. I've seen you round a bit at different times. I'm sorta in here 'cause I don't fit anywhere else. I choose to be Quaker; as part of a large, noisy household silence is such a blessing! :D As there is no meeting where I currently live I attend a non~denom church. While I can't say I'm always at home in here the 'fit' is better than in other forums & it is small enough I feel I'm getting to know people. Anything else you need to know?
Not a real "need" to know, but it's nice to meet you. I see several new faces & just decided to introduce myself & ask.

:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
An amputation leaves the body smaller and less abled. It may save the body's life, but it is a different sometimes weaker body afterwards. :sigh:
And the amputated limb is unable to make any complaint because it no longer receives life from the body.

Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,490.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Hallo Liz,

Open Brethren. [In the UK most now use the label 'evengelical chapel' rather than Brethren Assembly as that was getting mixed up with the exclusive Brethren following the soul searching of the 1980's on should we and how can we outreach the 93% unchurched people of the UK.]

We still have the Plymouth Brethren too but again most just call themselves christians as we do.
The Exclusive brethren tend to be very insular here

The elders choose to cease using the label Brethren as it was hindering telling people about Christ as they thought the brethren were some kind of weird cult based on some of the extreme end of beliefs adopted by some of the exclusive brethren so they were unwilling to stay around long enough to hear the gospel news of grace.

We do have mennonites and quakers in the UK.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.