There’s No Oscar for ‘Serving God and Mammon’ — We Each Must Choose One or the Other

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How can Hollywood’s destructive behavior be stopped? The answer is simple: Stop watching.

There I was, a 24-year-old dressed in khakis and a polo shirt, standing in the halls of one of New York’s multiplex theaters. Two theaters, which just happened to be right next to each other, had been rented out for advanced screenings of a film. I was waiting for the doors to burst open.

I was working for a marketing company. The principal clients of the office I’d worked at were Broadway shows and New York-based film production companies. This job had given me occasional opportunities to briefly interact with celebrities (none of whom would remember me today), as well as several opportunities to avoid making eye contact with one very infamous producer. I’d been “moving on up” in the Big Apple, as far as I was concerned.

Continued below.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
How can Hollywood’s destructive behavior be stopped? The answer is simple: Stop watching.

There I was, a 24-year-old dressed in khakis and a polo shirt, standing in the halls of one of New York’s multiplex theaters. Two theaters, which just happened to be right next to each other, had been rented out for advanced screenings of a film. I was waiting for the doors to burst open.

I was working for a marketing company. The principal clients of the office I’d worked at were Broadway shows and New York-based film production companies. This job had given me occasional opportunities to briefly interact with celebrities (none of whom would remember me today), as well as several opportunities to avoid making eye contact with one very infamous producer. I’d been “moving on up” in the Big Apple, as far as I was concerned.

Continued below.
I don't have cable tv and sometimes watch netflix.
After the roar of excitement is over. IF I even do that much.

I don't fawn, follow, nor quote most celebrities.

As an aside; mammon is evil because we live for it. [make it, count it, want more of it] However; if the Lord does bless someone with finances, He does so to spread the blessings. As He said, it's not impossible to go to Heaven as a rich person, but it's easier for a camel to bow down on it's knees to it's master and in trusting it's master.... than it is for humans to do so.

Upvote 0