Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Two very similar races were allowed to exist on the earth around the same time period, one that had evolved and existed in little pockets around the world, and another one, very similar but not exactly the same as the others, and God "created" this one from the dust of the ground and gave him his own little pocket of the world isolated from the others, only Adam's line survived, so today we are all descendants of Adam and are thus "created" beings...

And Adam's line was considered different and separate from animal, and like God and the others were not...

God Bless!

Last edited:

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Two very similar races were allowed to exist on the earth around the same time period, one that had evolved and existed in little pockets around the world, and another one, very similar but not exactly the same as the others, and God "created" this one from the dust of the ground and gave him his own little pocket of the world isolated from the others, only Adam's line survived, so today we are all descendants of Adam and are thus "created" beings...And Adam's line was considered different and separate from animal, and like God and the others were not...God Bless!

Is there music to accompany this story of yours?

Eric Idle - "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,793.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Two very similar races were allowed to exist on the earth around the same time period, one that had evolved and existed in little pockets around the world, and another one, very similar but not exactly the same as the others, and God "created" this one from the dust of the ground and gave him his own little pocket of the world isolated from the others, only Adam's line survived, so today we are all descendants of Adam and are thus "created" beings...

And Adam's line was considered different and separate from animal, and like God and the others were not...

God Bless!

... what?

Upvote 0

havevisions

Dec 24, 2010
Southwest Virginia
✟47,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your sarcasm is showing.
Nothing like that happened.
The earth was void and without form.

First of all what is your definition of man? Is it the physical, huminoid man? Looks like a man, but is only an animal.
Is it the man who has rationality, reasoning, and personality?
Is it the man who has a soul, that is, who is spiritual?

Genesis is talking about the first man. A real man.
I don't mean a "macho" man.
I mean a man who has feelings, emotion, dignity, a sense of God and morality.

There could have been many "human looking" animals around years and years before the real man was created
The real man was created in God's image. He had reason, a free will, a soul and personality.

So, what is your question?

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What you think is completely wrong. There is no section of our genome that I am aware of that is closer in sequence to the rat genome than the chimp genome.
Can remember where I heard that? I think on the discovery channel or something, years ago... Are you so sure that it's wrong?

Upvote 0

ecco

Poster
Sep 4, 2015
Florida
✟5,011.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

God Bless!
Why is the title of your thread
Theistic Evolutionist...
In no version of Theistic Evolution that I'm aware of did a god create an Adam. Is this your very own version? What did you base it on?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Can remember where I heard that? I think on the discovery channel or something, years ago... Are you so sure that it's wrong?

Yes, I am sure.

Just for kicks, I compared the human cytochrome c protein sequence to the chimp and mouse protein sequence. Finding the cDNA sequence was a bit of a headache, so I went with the amino acid sequence. Hope that isn't a deal breaker.

Human vs. Chimp (100% match)

Query 1 MGDVEKGKKIFIMKCSQCHTVEKGGKHKTGPNLHGLFGRKTGQAPGYSYTAANKNKGIIW 60
Sbjct 1 MGDVEKGKKIFIMKCSQCHTVEKGGKHKTGPNLHGLFGRKTGQAPGYSYTAANKNKGIIW 60

Query 61 GEDTLMEYLENPKKYIPGTKMIFVGIKKKEERADLIAYLKKATNE 105
Sbjct 61 GEDTLMEYLENPKKYIPGTKMIFVGIKKKEERADLIAYLKKATNE 105

Human vs. Mouse (94% match)

Query 1 MGDVEKGKKIFIMKCSQCHTVEKGGKHKTGPNLHGLFGRKTGQAPGYSYTAANKNKGIIW 60
Sbjct 1 MGDVEKGKKIFVQKCAQCHTVEKGGKHKTGPNLHGLFGRKTGQAAGFSYTDANKNKGITW 60

Query 61 GEDTLMEYLENPKKYIPGTKMIFVGIKKKEERADLIAYLKKATNE 105
Sbjct 61 GEDTLMEYLENPKKYIPGTKMIFAGIKKKGERADLIAYLKKATNE 105

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, I am sure.
I looked it up, and you are correct, so that means all hope for a literal interpretation of Genesis specifically Adam and Eve and the garden or the serpent is lost, correct...?

Someone had to "envision" the beginnings of Genesis, did someone see it in a dream or vision or something and then they recorded it, cause dreams hold many symbolism's and are not meant to be interpreted literally, and we see God do this many times, the one I can remember is Pharoh's dream and Joseph, what was seen in the dream or vision was not meant to be literal interpretation, dreams and vision's when they come from God are symbolic of some kind of higher truth than literal that applied to our reality here, The story of Adam and Eve could have been seen in a dream or vision, so literal interpretation is not the way to go....

So, I guess I believe in an "allegorical" Genesis (I never thought that Adam & Eve and the garden were meant to be literal anyways) But, at what point does Genesis stop being allegorical or symbolic, and become literal? After Adam and Eve's exile from the Garden, Enoch, Noah and the flood is literal right? And certainly Abraham was a real person with a literal tale...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I looked it up, and you are correct, so that means all hope for a literal interpretation of Genesis specifically Adam and Eve and the garden or the serpent is lost, correct...?

Someone had to "envision" the beginnings of Genesis, did someone see it in a dream or vision or something and then they recorded it, cause dreams hold many symbolism's and are not meant to be interpreted literally, and we see God do this many times, the one I can remember is Pharoh's dream and Joseph, what was seen in the dream or vision was not meant to be literal interpretation, dreams and vision's when they come from God are symbolic of some kind of higher truth than literal that applied to our reality here, The story of Adam and Eve could have been seen in a dream or vision, so literal interpretation is not the way to go....

So, I guess I believe in an "allegorical" Genesis (I never thought that Adam & Eve and the garden were meant to be literal anyways) But, at what point does Genesis stop being allegorical or symbolic, and become literal? After Adam and Eve's exile from the Garden, Enoch, Noah and the flood is literal right? And certainly Abraham was a real person with a literal tale...

God Bless!

This might help: https://biologos.org/uploads/projects/Keller_white_paper.pdf

You could try this as well:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

I would say that genetics did quite a nice job of slamming the door on special creation.

God Bless!

Either Genesis is allegorical, or Genesis is true. If Genesis is true, the God had to fake all of the evidence we see around us for no other purpose than to fool us. At least to me, an allegorical Genesis seems like the better alternative.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Either Genesis is allegorical, or Genesis is true. If Genesis is true, the God had to fake all of the evidence we see around us for no other purpose than to fool us. At least to me, an allegorical Genesis seems like the better alternative.

You seem to share the creationists' idea that the "literally" in "literally true" is an adjective surplus to requirements.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,526.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens

God Bless!
If your created humans descended from Adam and Eve freely interbred with the evolved humans then it could certainly be true. However, we have a much bigger genetic diversity then would be possible if we are only descended from the created pair.

The problem with having evolved humans and a literal Adam and Eve is that there is evidence of stuff I've seen AV describe as our "sin nature" much older then 6000 years. Evidence of murder and cannibalism would not be consistent with a sinless race.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God Bless!

Why is Genesis presented as literal in the rest of the bible and not allegorical?

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0