South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi thank you Dan for your welcome may take me some time to learn how to use the site as for evolution its a non starter the creation account in Genesis should be applied starting with Noah will take 7000 years each day is 1000 years long on the forth day God created the sun the moon and stars the sun represents Christ the moon represents his bride the church the reflected light of the sun the stars all the children of God.

Why did the man cured of blindness see men walking as trees comes from the third day of creation Christ was curing his spiritual blindness as well as his physical blindness.

Why did Christ say he and the Father had been working until then and we are told that the Fathers sabbath rest is a future event which we can enter into what dose all this mean if I am right and the 6days of creation should be record after the flood then it mean the time before the flood can be as long as science wants it to be

Love and Peace
Dave

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi thank you Dan for your welcome may take me some time to learn how to use the site as for evolution its a non starter the creation account in Genesis should be applied starting with Noah will take 7000 years each day is 1000 years long on the forth day God created the sun the moon and stars the sun represents Christ the moon represents his bride the church the reflected light of the sun the stars all the children of God.

Why did the man cured of blindness see men walking as trees comes from the third day of creation Christ was curing his spiritual blindness as well as his physical blindness.

Why did Christ say he and the Father had been working until then and we are told that the Fathers sabbath rest is a future event which we can enter into what dose all this mean if I am right and the 6days of creation should be record after the flood then it mean the time before the flood can be as long as science wants it to be

Love and Peace
Dave
Hi that did not go to well so what was the last thing God created it is man in his image and the only person inscripture who is said to be the express image of God is Jesus Christ I take this to mean at his second coming so creation is on going or as Christ puts it
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

‭‭John 5:17 ESV‬‬
[17] But Jesus answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I am working.”

So Christ is the end of creation his millennial reign is the Fathers sabbath rest which we can enter into.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi that did not go to well so what was the last thing God created it is man in his image and the only person inscripture who is said to be the express image of God is Jesus Christ I take this to mean at his second coming so creation is on going or as Christ puts it

[17] But Jesus answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I am working.”

So Christ is the end of creation his millennial reign is the Fathers sabbath rest which we can enter into.

Love and Peace
Dave
Hi so what dose man in the image of God look like the best example we have is Israel this is man in the image of God in the flesh.

Hos 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt

So if Israel is Gods son then he would be the image of his Father so what dose man in the image of God look like.
We have Moses the Father we have Aaron the high priest and the 12 tribes this is a mirror image of the true man in the image of God Jesus Christ
We have God the Father Jesus Christ the high priest the 12 apostles through whom all the children of God are being created.
Jesus was also called out of Egypt so he follows the same path as Israel except for he spent 40 days in the wilderness and Israel spent 40 years consider these words of St Paul.

‭‭1 Corinthians 13:12 ESV‬‬
[12] For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Love and Peace
Dave
Hi so what is God doing now

‭‭2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV‬‬
[17] Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Yes a new creation in Christ the old creation Israel has been abandoned for now the new creation is Christ and will be completed at his second comming when he will gather to himself all believers the great multitude that will stand before God.
Not forgetting that all Israel will be saved the end of creation is man in the image of God and that is Christ Jesus our Lord

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi so we have a first Adam and a last Adam were they both created in the same way we know what the last Adam will look like when he returns and gathers together all those who are his a whole multitude who will stand before the throne of God.
So was the first Adam created in the same way a whole host of people which was contaminated by the angels thats why God had to destroy the first Adam and start again with Noah and what was on the ark and the first man he created in his image was Israel which did not turn out to good so God began a new creation of Man in his image with his son Jesus Christ this will be a spiritual man which will be christ the head his bride the church all those chosen from the foundation of the world and the body of Christ all the children of God created by Christ and his bride so man in the image of God is not one man but a whole multitude yes God created mankind but man in his image is not one man the best illustration of man ( mankind) in the image of God is Israel this is man in the image of God in the flesh.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi jest wondering the God of the bible who loves us would he make his word so complicated as all the replies to the evolution and creation thread would indicate surely it can't be that hard to understand God loves us and he wants us to know him I believe that the creation account we have in Genesis concerns the whole of the bible the last thing God created is man in his image that man is Jesus Christ at his second coming this is stated quite clearly in scripture.

‭‭Hebrews 1:3 ESV‬‬
[3] He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

So Christ is the exact image of God and as such he is the end of creation.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi so what did God say about creating man in his image.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

He did not say in my image in my likeness he said in our likeness in our image so what dose the word our stand for I believe it means the heavenly host which would be God the Father Jesus Christ his son and the ark angels his Eve this is the image God will create with mankind it will be realised in Christ at his second comming we will have God the Father the head of everything we will have God the son Jesus Christ the high priest through whom everything was created we will have his Eve the church all those chosen from the foundation of the earth and we will have all the children of God all those created by Christ and his bride the church so we are not created in the image of God but mankind is created in the image of the heavenly host.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone who has entered the body of Christ is a child of God and as a child we lack knowledge we are reliant on our parents our Father and mother our Father is Christ our mother his bride and everything that is recorded in the NT is for our benefit we must read it and study it is the food of life and we must believe it not disect every word trying to make it say something different the bible as a whole is the story of creation from start to finish the end of creation is man in the image of God and that man is Jesus Christ at his second coming when he will gather together all the children of God and stand before the throne of God the Father.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi so what did God say about creating man in his image.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

He did not say in my image in my likeness he said in our likeness in our image so what dose the word our stand for I believe it means the heavenly host which would be God the Father Jesus Christ his son and the ark angels his Eve this is the image God will create with mankind it will be realised in Christ at his second comming we will have God the Father the head of everything we will have God the son Jesus Christ the high priest through whom everything was created we will have his Eve the church all those chosen from the foundation of the earth and we will have all the children of God all those created by Christ and his bride the church so we are not created in the image of God but mankind is created in the image of the heavenly host.

Love and Peace
Dave
God has his heavenly host at His side when He says "Let Us Make" man in "Our" image.

Then God alone does the creating with His audience.

So we are in the image of God, it's just that the heavenly host was present along side God.

Like me saying "hey guys let's get some pizza!" And then I go and get the pizza from the shop and bring it back. I do the action solo, but I have an audience that is present and can appreciate what I'm doing. And maybe one of my friends was in the passenger seat and got to see me actually purchase and get the pizza.

But the point is that, God is in the drivers seat and He has an audience that he refers to in a plural sense.

‭‭Job 38:4 CSB‬‬
[4] Where were you when I established the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
[7] while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

And you'll see something similar at the tower of Babel.

‭‭Genesis 11:5-8 CSB‬‬
[5] Then the Lord came down to look over the city and the tower that the humans were building. [6] The Lord said, “If they have begun to do this as one people all having the same language, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. [7] Come, let’s go down there and confuse their language so that they will not understand one another’s speech.” [8] So from there the Lord scattered them throughout the earth, and they stopped building the city.

God says "hey guys, come, and let's go down there and show them".

"Come". That's how you speak to other people when you guide them and take charge. But they participate as an audience.

‭‭Isaiah 6:1-3 CSB‬‬
[1] In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a high and lofty throne, and the hem of his robe filled the temple. [2] Seraphim were standing above him; they each had six wings: with two they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. [3] And one called to another: Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Armies; his glory fills the whole earth.
[8] Then I heard the voice of the Lord asking: Who will I send? Who will go for us? I said: Here I am. Send me.

God does this a handful of times, where He sits on the throne and commands his officers.

‭‭1 Kings 22:19-23 CSB‬‬
[19] Then Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and the whole heavenly army was standing by him at his right hand and at his left hand. [20] And the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab to march up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? ’ So one was saying this and another was saying that. [21] “Then a spirit came forward, stood in the Lord’s presence, and said, ‘I will entice him.’ [22] “The Lord asked him, ‘How?’ “He said, ‘I will go and become a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ “Then he said, ‘You will certainly entice him and prevail. Go and do that.’ [23] “You see, the Lord has put a lying spirit into the mouth of all these prophets of yours, and the Lord has pronounced disaster against you.”

‭‭Job 1:6-8 CSB‬‬
[6] One day the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. [7] The Lord asked Satan, “Where have you come from?” “From roaming through the earth,” Satan answered him, “and walking around on it.” [8] Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? No one else on earth is like him, a man of perfect integrity, who fears God and turns away from evil.”

‭‭Psalms 82:1-2 CSB‬‬
[1] God stands in the divine assembly; he pronounces judgment among the gods: [2] “How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked?Selah

Etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has his heavenly host at His side when He says "Let Us Make" man in "Our" image.

Then God alone does the creating with His audience.

So we are in the image of God, it's just that the heavenly host was present along side God.

Like me saying "hey guys let's get some pizza!" And then I go and get the pizza from the shop and bring it back. I do the action solo, but I have an audience that is present and can appreciate what I'm doing. And maybe one of my friends was in the passenger seat and got to see me actually purchase and get the pizza.

But the point is that, God is in the drivers seat and He has an audience that he refers to in a plural sense.

‭‭Job 38:4 CSB‬‬
[4] Where were you when I established the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
[7] while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

And you'll see something similar at the tower of Babel.

‭‭Genesis 11:5-8 CSB‬‬
[5] Then the Lord came down to look over the city and the tower that the humans were building. [6] The Lord said, “If they have begun to do this as one people all having the same language, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. [7] Come, let’s go down there and confuse their language so that they will not understand one another’s speech.” [8] So from there the Lord scattered them throughout the earth, and they stopped building the city.

God says "hey guys, come, and let's go down there and show them".

"Come". That's how you speak to other people when you guide them and take charge. But they participate as an audience.

‭‭Isaiah 6:1-3 CSB‬‬
[1] In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a high and lofty throne, and the hem of his robe filled the temple. [2] Seraphim were standing above him; they each had six wings: with two they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. [3] And one called to another: Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Armies; his glory fills the whole earth.
[8] Then I heard the voice of the Lord asking: Who will I send? Who will go for us? I said: Here I am. Send me.

God does this a handful of times, where He sits on the throne and commands his officers.

‭‭1 Kings 22:19-23 CSB‬‬
[19] Then Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and the whole heavenly army was standing by him at his right hand and at his left hand. [20] And the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab to march up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? ’ So one was saying this and another was saying that. [21] “Then a spirit came forward, stood in the Lord’s presence, and said, ‘I will entice him.’ [22] “The Lord asked him, ‘How?’ “He said, ‘I will go and become a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ “Then he said, ‘You will certainly entice him and prevail. Go and do that.’ [23] “You see, the Lord has put a lying spirit into the mouth of all these prophets of yours, and the Lord has pronounced disaster against you.”

‭‭Job 1:6-8 CSB‬‬
[6] One day the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. [7] The Lord asked Satan, “Where have you come from?” “From roaming through the earth,” Satan answered him, “and walking around on it.” [8] Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? No one else on earth is like him, a man of perfect integrity, who fears God and turns away from evil.”

‭‭Psalms 82:1-2 CSB‬‬
[1] God stands in the divine assembly; he pronounces judgment among the gods: [2] “How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked?Selah

Etc.
Hi Job thank you for your reply that God the Father created everything that creeps on the ground including human beings is not in question and he did it all through Jesus Christ but man in the image of God is something very different.
The first Adam was destroyed in the flood so he began again with Noah if Noah was in the image of God he would not need to create another Adam which he did the last Adam which is Jesus Christ the first man in his image he created was Isravel.

Hos 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt

So Israel is Gods son and as such he would be in the image of his Father God but Israel when terribly wrong so God began a new creation with Christ.

[17] Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

So God and Christ are still working on creation.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Job thank you for your reply that God the Father created everything that creeps on the ground including human beings is not in question and he did it all through Jesus Christ but man in the image of God is something very different.
The first Adam was destroyed in the flood so he began again with Noah if Noah was in the image of God he would not need to create another Adam which he did the last Adam which is Jesus Christ the first man in his image he created was Isravel.

So Israel is Gods son and as such he would be in the image of his Father God but Israel when terribly wrong so God began a new creation with Christ.

So God and Christ are still working on creation.

Love and Peace
Dave
I don't see this information as contrasting with what I've said. Thanks for sharing

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The 1,000 years of rest is the Kingdom age when we will rule and reign with Christ for 1,000 years. The whole reason for the flood was to preserve all the plants and animals of Eden. This was the beginning of civilization today. People need food to survive and so God has to preserve the plants and animals for man to eat.

If it were not for Noah and the Ark when God would have had to start all over again from the beginning. He does not do that. He declares the end from the beginning and He watches over HIs word to accomplish what He said He was going to do. Even He writes the book of our life at or before conception. We are given all of our gifts, talents and abilities to be used to bring praise, honor and glory to God. Of course Satan does not want to honor God. He wants to honor himself and that is where all the problems begin. Difficult for a Christian to understand because for us there is NOTHING better then to praise, honor, worship and glorify God. Because God causes all things to work together for good. (for those who love God and are called according to His purpose)

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So believers are children of God and as children we will need instruction at the present time we are receiving instruction from other children can we rely on it when they are all teaching us different things should we be listening to them or the words of our Father as we have them in scripture these we can rely on
The 1,000 years of rest is the Kingdom age when we will rule and reign with Christ for 1,000 years. The whole reason for the flood was to preserve all the plants and animals of Eden. This was the beginning of civilization today. People need food to survive and so God has to preserve the plants and animals for man to eat.

If it were not for Noah and the Ark when God would have had to start all over again from the beginning. He does not do that. He declares the end from the beginning and He watches over HIs word to accomplish what He said He was going to do. Even He writes the book of our life at or before conception. We are given all of our gifts, talents and abilities to be used to bring praise, honor and glory to God. Of course Satan does not want to honor God. He wants to honor himself and that is where all the problems begin. Difficult for a Christian to understand because for us there is NOTHING better then to praise, honor, worship and glorify God. Because God causes all things to work together for good. (for those who love God and are called according to His purpose)
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply as for Christs millennial reign I believe its main purpose will be to educate the children of God.
The reason for the flood was to remove everything God had created especially Adam who had be come throughly evel and e,specially because of the cross breading between the angels and the women producing giants not part of God plan.
The end from the beginning the end is man in the image of God which is Jesus Christ when he stands before the throne of God with the multitude of believers The word man should be understood as mankind thats why Christ's body consists of a multitude of believers this is man in the image of God.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
we are receiving instruction from other children
My dad was a doctor and I cut my teeth on his medical journals. Other children at school and on the playground had a high regard for me and they would trust my answers to questions they may ask me about medical conditions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dad was a doctor and I cut my teeth on his medical journals. Other children at school and on the playground had a high regard for me and they would trust my answers to questions they may ask me about medical conditions.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply may be we should let St Paul answer this one

‭‭1 Corinthians 13:9-13 ESV‬‬
[9] For we know in part and we prophesy in part, [10] but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. [11] When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. [12] For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. [13] So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
let St Paul answer this one
Jesus talks about children also. Mathew 19:14 "But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” We know that God wants us to be mature and bear fruit. I think the child Jesus is talking about is a fifth grader. For some people this would be a step up for them to function at a fifth grade level. They use to have a program on TV are you as smart as a fifth grader and a lot of people are not that smart. In this case the question was how many coins would you need for 99 cents. He said 9 and she said 8. Proving that he was NOT as smart as a fifth grader.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus talks about children also. Mathew 19:14 "But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” We know that God wants us to be mature and bear fruit. I think the child Jesus is talking about is a fifth grader. For some people this would be a step up for them to function at a fifth grade level. They use to have a program on TV are you as smart as a fifth grader and a lot of people are not that smart. In this case the question was how many coins would you need for 99 cents. He said 9 and she said 8. Proving that he was NOT as smart as a fifth grader.

Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply sao you say Christ said

Mat 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

When we enter heaven we are jest children we must grow and mature this will happen in the millennium I think in Mat 19 Christ is speaking to his decipels who later will become his apostles who will become adults who he will send into the world to bear fruit.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟11,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi getting back to the thread what did God say

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

So what is the end from the beginning the end is the end of creation which is man in the image of God and that man is Jesus Christ

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

when he presents him self with the multitude of believers before the throne of God ,if this is the end what was the beginning it has to be Noah and what was on the ark everything else was destroyed in the flood the only thing missing was man in the image of God if Noah was in the image of God God would have no need to create another so God began a new creation from the dust of the earth.

Gen 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered

So the seed of Abraham is the dust of the earth from which God will create in his image

Hos 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

So Israel is Gods son and as such would be the image of his Father so we know what Israel looks like so we know what God looks like but Israel went terribly wrong so God began anew creation with his son Jesus Christ

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So what is the end from the beginning the end is the end of creation which is man in the image of God and that man is Jesus Christ
If you study Hebrew, the letters that make up the word beginning point to Jesus. We are told: "Before the world was created, God had Christ choose us to live with him and to be his holy and innocent and loving people. " Ephesians 1:4 From the foundation of the world God's plan was for Jesus to sacrifice Himself for us. Jesus said He is the Gate. Only though Jesus can we have access to God to enter in. They talk about the Golden Gate that is closed and will not be opened again until Jesus returns.

1711206156693.png

Upvote 0